I learnt to be patient in life: Ishant Sharma

Feed

India pacer Ishant Sharma on Sunday said even though it was hard for him to swallow the ignore from the home Test series against Sri Lanka late last year, the experience has taught him to be more patient. More... I learnt to be patient in life: Ishant Sharma January 24, 2010 18:57 IST India pacer Ishant Sharma on Sunday said even though it was hard for him to swallow the ignore from the home Test series against Sri Lanka late last year, the experience has taught him to be more patient. Addressing the media after the opening day's play in the second Test against Bangladesh in Mirpur, Ishant said the selectors were also right in dropping him from the subsequent home ODI series against the Lankans as he did not deserve to be a part of the squad. "It was a very hard time for me in those days (when he was dropped). I was desperate to play for the country. It was the first time I was experiencing that because for the last three years my career has been up and up. But I learnt from that experience that I should be patient in life and in bowling also," said Ishant, who took four Bangladeshi wickets in the first innings. "I don't think in the form I was in at that time I deserve a place in the ODI side (against Sri Lanka). I thank the selectors for that. "I don't think I have any technical flaw. It (being dropped) is part and parcel of any cricketer's life. You have to face that and it was a challenge. I am happy that I learnt to be patient at the hard times," he added. Ishant also thanked his Delhi Team-mate Virender Sehwag and feels the dashing opener played a part in the pacer's comeback bid in the playing XI. "Moreover, all the senior players helped me a lot when I made my comeback. I want to thank Viru (Sehwag) as I think he had a role to play in my selection in the first Test in Chittagong," he said. The gangling pacer new bowling coach Eric Simons was helping him in gaining his rhythm back. "I think I have got back my rhythm. It is really good to get the rhythm back at the beginning of the season as a big series against South Africa is coming next month. It is good for me and for the team as we all are looking for the series," said the 21-year-old right-arm fast bowler. "I am working on my bowling with Eric Simons. He tells me about my wrist and my bowling. So far it has been good. Let us see how it goes against South Africa," said Ishant. Ishant said he was happy that Indian bowlers did a good job by bowling at the right areas. "It was a good toss to lose as the wicket was damp in the morning with some dew. We bowled at the right areas and we remained patient for the wickets. You need to be patient to get wickets," he said. "We bowled at the right areas and kept applying pressure on them," he added.

o god' date=' he takes 4 wickets against an [b']ordinary batting lineup and these quotes start coming out...
People should not make too much of these sort of articles. He has taken wickets, the press want to speak to him, so he says something. It is not like he is emailing out these quotes and begging for an article to be written.
he may not be yet bowling like in his first year but i like the big inswinging deliveries .. it used to be his stock delivery in his prime and has to stay for him to succeed .. but the real test is SA and not BL :winky:
Actually he bowled well in the only test he played against SA last time.
It was an extremely questionable pitch and he was definitely far quicker than he is now - this series will be a more prolonged and different test to see how he has emerged from his golden period.

What a fantastic attitude and personal viewpoint. Sharma completely acknowledges his past loss of forma and puts ALL the blame on himself. That's the kind of attitude and mental strength that we need form our young players. The guy is mature beyond his years. Clowns like Sreesanth who are all hype and no action could learn a lot from him.

What a fantastic attitude and personal viewpoint. Sharma completely acknowledges his past loss of forma and puts ALL the blame on himself. That's the kind of attitude and mental strength that we need form our young players. The guy is mature beyond his years. Clowns like Sreesanth who are all hype and no action could learn a lot from him.
And Sreesanth blamed somebody else? That is news. ________ California medical marijuana dispensaries

Ishant getting into good rhythm is simple really. The moment he started focusing on his stock incoming delivery he looked the part of a fast bowler. He must learn to use that leg cutter as a change up delivery - not even one every over. That is when he can soften batsmen up properly. Right now he is over using that delivery and is being generally less than top pace. I hope the bowling coach has a word with him on this subject. ________ MARIJUANA BUBBLER

I reckon Ishant should stop giving interview every time he takes a few wickets. He should continue to bowl consistently well for a few series' and probably then start sharing his secrets to bowling. On another note, chasing glamour and good things don't really help cricket early on. They should be sought later i.e after having performed for a few years.

I reckon Ishant should stop giving interview every time he takes a few wickets. He should continue to bowl consistently well for a few series' and probably then start sharing his secrets to bowling. On another note' date= chasing glamour and good things don't really help cricket early on. They should be sought later i.e after having performed for a few years.
Who remembers the infamous, "Even India can produce fast bowlers" quote after the series in Aus 07/08 :haha: