VVS should bat at ?

champ

I think Vijay should bat 3 because out of Vijay, Laxman and Badri ... Vijay has the best technique and has opened for India in pressure games before. As great as Laxman is ... Im a bit concerned about him potentially facing the new ball ... If we have GG, VS, VVS and ST as our top 4 and SAF get early wickets, we're in big trouble. Gambhir Sehwag Vijay Tendulkar Laxman Badrinath Dhoni Harbhajan Zaheer Ishant Mishra / Tyagi (depending on pitch ... most likely Mishra)

I'm more concerned about Badri - huge pressure on him not just because of Steyn/Morkel but also making his debut so late and could easily prove a one Test wonder if he doesn't score big and Rahul returns next game
exxactly... im not very positive about badri.. he is not having a good season.. and he wud be personally under a lot of pressure to perform for he knows that if he fails here, that will be the end of his international career... I dont expect him to perform here.. sadly he doesnt have luck and time on his side..
I also have a bad vibe about Badrinath. despite his prolific run scoring in domestic cricket. So get him in as late as possible. Having said that he is definitely not a bad replacement for Yuvraj.
I'm almost certain that Badri will fail. But I'm praying that he proves me wrong and scores even a half ton. At least his supporters should be supporting him since they had been asking for this break for him since last 18 months.

Laxman for No.3 is my vote. He is a very fluid batsman who can easily throw the new ball bowlers off their length. And that can be critical - even match changing as he has shown a few times in the past. And I dont get why people have a bad vibe with Badri. He has the technique to stand up against pace - believe me. I am confident that he will match up to the pace on offer. Lets see how it goes. ________ lesbians Cam

Laxman at 3 is ideal. He was sent in at 3 and rite away he cracked a ton in Australia in tuff conditions. We have known and talked a lot about howselfless Dravid is as he has been shifted up the order or down the order to adjust some other players. Same thing goes for VVS. The guy has to bat with the tall for most part of hsi career yet averages 45+. Moreover, just like Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag, Laxman is also in same class and could match the average once he is given a proper run up the order, but sadly such is a our batting line up that he won't be given a run up the order until the wall or someoen call it quits. ALL HAIL THE INDIAN BATTING LINE UP.