Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

The Afridi incident was shameful. And I'm sure Australia is not going to correct themselves. Have they in the past, when streakers run onto the field and Symo needs to take them down? When people throw coins at the Victorian players after they win the T20 Big Bash? When people abuse Harbhajan and the likes with the police just standing there doing nothing? When Monty Panesar is called a "bloody Hindu" and when South African are constantly racially abused?

also, latif missing the stumps from like a foot away, with underhand throw...could have prob ran to the stumps and knocked em over, thats how far marsh was Asif and some other idiot trying to do the 2 man quick throw... one slides and gives it to the other one who is chasing him.. except here, asif's flip back hit the idiot on the nuts :hahaha: umar akmal taunting the crowd after catching a catch, yes the guy with green lipstick taunting

Wow! I am trying my best to understand how the brain of this guy would function and don't have a clue where to start. I wrote a long, long time back that Pakistan cricket is doomed till it can get rid of the likes of Akhtar, Asif, and Afridi instead of treating them with kid gloves because of their perceived match winning abilities. Most of what I would have wanted to say has already been typed in on the thread it seems, but I just want to emphasize on a few things : 1. As pointed out, what kind of a ridiculous system does the ICC have in place where ball tampering is on par with wearing the wrong logos on the shirt. Goes to show where the priorities of the organization lie, doesn't it? 2. The respect and izzat of Pakistan must be the most complex entity on earth. It is shattered and insulted if Afridi is not picked for IPL, but ball tampering by him is seen as a run of the mill offense and seats already being wiped clean for him to assume the throne in a month. During the IPL auction, the likes of Gul has reason to feel aggrieved but Afridi was probably not going to be picked regardless. He was a pathetic performer in the first season and had disrupted team dynamics. And now of course he has shown his actual level in clear view. It would be shameful if any IPL franchisee signs him up. In fact, don't be surprised if South Australia drop this guy. 3. Again on the notion of insult to Pakistan - Hair "falsely" accusing them of cheating became an issue of national pride, a test was forfeited and the ICC was pressurized into changing the result of the match. No such national pride at stake now, it's business as usual. We cheated, we got caught, we copped a ban, will serve it, and be back in full vengeance to a theater near you. 4. The jazba and junoon that this retarded specimen will bring to Pakistan and international cricket has been demonstrated. What a shameful day it will be for World Cricket when this guy is standing up and representing one of it's constituents at ICC events.
All excellent posts, all top points. Its a shame the people in charge can't tell the different between altering the state of the ball and wearing a wrong logo
Of course' date=' he grew up playing with guys like Waqar, Ata ur Rehman and friends who'd use pretty much every possible tool from their nails to bottle tops to **** with a ball's condition.[/quote'] :giggle:

I said this a few days back, Asif taking the cricket field is an abomination, any cricket board which allows that can allow a lot more to happen. Afridi will be Captain in a few days.

[Conspiracy theory mode] Maybe Afridi's not so dumb after all, maybe he deliberately did it and here's why; We all know that there was already plenty of talk that Mohammmed Yousuf was going to be replaced as captain after the Aussie tour. Afridi is already captain of the T20 side, but there were still some doubts over his ODI and especially test match credentials. So he figured, he needed to do something that make all his supporters rally behind him and bolster his case for captaincy. What better way to achieve it, than to get banned from international cricket in an apparent attempt to help the team win? What is noticeable in this whole episode is the quickness with which he accepted guilt - There was no attempt whatsoever to even pretend he was innocent. The actual crime, acceptance of guilt and quick apology along with the justification for the act, all happened within 12 hours of each other. Maybe he had planned it all before, who knows. Secondly, the sheer brazen nature of the act also is a giveaway. There was no attempt to even hide from the cameras and he did it TWICE, almost as though he wanted to make sure he was caught and there were no doubts in anyone's mind. If someone's actually trying to tamper the ball to help his team win a) he wouldnt have solid bite at it, twice and b) he wouldnt do it in the full view of the cameras. Whats the point? You're going to get caught anyway and even if Pakistan had won, the victory would have been discredited. Maybe the intention was to never help his team win as he claims so, but to make sure he got caught in the first place. And just look at the justification he gave - 'I wanted my time to win one game, just one game.. I was desperate'. That is playing sweet music to the ears of disgruntled Pakistani fans, who were generally disenchanted by years of mediocre performances. And remarkably, all this has had the exact same effect that Afridi would have wanted. There has been a ground-swell of support for him among the Pakistani fans, apart from the odd innocent voices of dissent. Even those who werent actively supporting his captaincy claims, are now doing so. In him, they see a player who is desperate enough to sacrifice his own reputation in international cricket for the sake of the team. They think that is the exact solution to all the ills afflicting Pakistan cricket at the moment. Afridi's a shady character who is ignorant (in the sense that, if you ask him how rain happens, he'll probably say Allah is having a bathroom break or something...) But I dont believe that he can be that dumb. Everyone who has tried to tamper the ball so far in international cricket so far has at least tried to make it discreet. This guy didnt even TRY - He took the ball and buried it into the mouth and worse, did it twice as if to say 'If you guys missed it the first time, here's one more chance'. :hmmm: [/Conspiracy theory mode]

[Conspiracy theory mode] Maybe Afridi's not so dumb after all, maybe he deliberately did it and here's why; We all know that there was already plenty of talk that Mohammmed Yousuf was going to be replaced as captain after the Aussie tour. Afridi is already captain of the T20 side, but there were still some doubts over his ODI and especially test match credentials. So he figured, he needed to do something that make all his supporters rally behind him. What better way to achieve it, than to get banned from international cricket in an apparent attempt to help the team win? What is noticeable in this whole episode is the quickness with which he accepted guilt - There was no attempt whatsoever to even pretend he was innocent. The actual crime, acceptance of guilt and quick apology along with the justification for the act, all happened within 12 hours of each other. Maybe he had planned it all before, who knows. Secondly, the sheer brazen nature of the act also is a giveaway. There was no attempt to even hide from the cameras and he did it TWICE, almost as though he wanted to make sure he was caught and there were no doubts in anyone's mind. If someone's actually trying to tamper the ball to help his team win a) he wouldnt have solid bite at it, twice and b he wouldnt do it in the full view of the cameras. Whats the point? You're going to get caught anyway and even if Pakistan had won, the victory would have been discredited. Maybe the intention was to never help his team win as he claims so, but to make sure he got caught in the first place. And remarkably, all this has had the exact same effect that Afridi would have wanted. There has been a ground-swell of support for him among the Pakistani fans, apart from the usual innocent voices of dissent. Even those who werent actively supporting his captaincy claims, are now doing so. :hmmm: [/Conspiracy theory mode]
Apart from the time he claimed to be smelling the ball with his teeth :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
[Conspiracy theory mode] Maybe Afridi's not so dumb after all, maybe he deliberately did it and here's why; We all know that there was already plenty of talk that Mohammmed Yousuf was going to be replaced as captain after the Aussie tour. Afridi is already captain of the T20 side, but there were still some doubts over his ODI and especially test match credentials. So he figured, he needed to do something that make all his supporters rally behind him. What better way to achieve it, than to get banned from international cricket in an apparent attempt to help the team win? What is noticeable in this whole episode is the quickness with which he accepted guilt - There was no attempt whatsoever to even pretend he was innocent. The actual crime, acceptance of guilt and quick apology along with the justification for the act, all happened within 12 hours of each other. Maybe he had planned it all before, who knows. Secondly, the sheer brazen nature of the act also is a giveaway. There was no attempt to even hide from the cameras and he did it TWICE, almost as though he wanted to make sure he was caught and there were no doubts in anyone's mind. If someone's actually trying to tamper the ball to help his team win a) he wouldnt have solid bite at it, twice and b) he wouldnt do it in the full view of the cameras. Whats the point? You're going to get caught anyway and even if Pakistan had won, the victory would have been discredited. Maybe the intention was to never help his team win as he claims so, but to make sure he got caught in the first place. And remarkably, all this has had the exact same effect that Afridi would have wanted. There has been a ground-swell of support for him among the Pakistani fans, apart from the usual innocent voices of dissent. Even those who werent actively supporting his captaincy claims, are now doing so. :hmmm: [/Conspiracy theory mode]
u know morris.. i do believe this.. i mean its the same thought I had when i watched the vid... he did it twice.. and he dint even try to hide it.. i think there is something cooking....
u know morris.. i do believe this.. i mean its the same thought I had when i watched the vid... he did it twice.. and he dint even try to hide it.. i think there is something cooking....
Finally, someone believed my conspiracy theory. :yay: Usually, everyone just laugh their ar$e off. :((
[Conspiracy theory mode] Maybe Afridi's not so dumb after all, maybe he deliberately did it and here's why; We all know that there was already plenty of talk that Mohammmed Yousuf was going to be replaced as captain after the Aussie tour. Afridi is already captain of the T20 side, but there were still some doubts over his ODI and especially test match credentials. So he figured, he needed to do something that make all his supporters rally behind him and bolster his case for captaincy. What better way to achieve it, than to get banned from international cricket in an apparent attempt to help the team win? What is noticeable in this whole episode is the quickness with which he accepted guilt - There was no attempt whatsoever to even pretend he was innocent. The actual crime, acceptance of guilt and quick apology along with the justification for the act, all happened within 12 hours of each other. Maybe he had planned it all before, who knows. Secondly, the sheer brazen nature of the act also is a giveaway. There was no attempt to even hide from the cameras and he did it TWICE, almost as though he wanted to make sure he was caught and there were no doubts in anyone's mind. If someone's actually trying to tamper the ball to help his team win a) he wouldnt have solid bite at it, twice and b) he wouldnt do it in the full view of the cameras. Whats the point? You're going to get caught anyway and even if Pakistan had won, the victory would have been discredited. Maybe the intention was to never help his team win as he claims so, but to make sure he got caught in the first place. And just look at the justification he gave - 'I wanted my time to win one game, just one game.. I was desperate'. That is playing sweet music to the ears of disgruntled Pakistani fans, who were generally disenchanted by years of mediocre performances. And remarkably, all this has had the exact same effect that Afridi would have wanted. There has been a ground-swell of support for him among the Pakistani fans, apart from the odd innocent voices of dissent. Even those who werent actively supporting his captaincy claims, are now doing so. In him, they see a player who is desperate enough to sacrifice his own reputation in international cricket for the sake of the team. They think that is the exact solution to all the ills afflicting Pakistan cricket at the moment. Afridi's a shady character who is ignorant (in the sense that, if you ask him how rain happens, he'll probably say Allah is having a bathroom break or something...) But I dont believe that he can be that dumb. Everyone who has tried to tamper the ball so far in international cricket so far has at least tried to make it discreet. This guy didnt even TRY - He took the ball and buried it into the mouth and worse, did it twice as if to say 'If you guys missed it the first time, here's one more chance'. :hmmm: [/Conspiracy theory mode]
My friend , we are talking about Afridi.........not Einstein:finger: M