Shaun Tait:What a Phaast Bowler

I think he can play tests ' date=' only needs to be handled better .[/quote'] lol, Viru will make him p!ss in his panties, anyways I think Nannes was the better out of the two and I am also not too certain about the speed gun used, or atleast the numbers that were displayed.

The guy's a freak who makes mockery almost every established fast bowling convention. Most express quicks have long, sprinter-like run-ups, he just ambles in. At the point of the delivery stride, other quicks have perfectly braced front knees and high releases. His front knee is almost fully collapsed and he gets into such a low position. After all this, from where he gets all that pace is quite a mystery.

Any bowler who can't bowl eight to ten overs at a stretch will never be a successful test bowler. Test bowling is all about "working over" a batsman. If you sense there is pressure on a batsman, you must keep on going. You just can't take a break for few overs, and come back later and try again. For that same reason, Tait can never be a good Test bowler but if he looks after himself he can be good @ ODIs. But that guy is a hit-or-miss type. I have seen him concede a lot of extras and if it was not his day he will go for a PLENTY unlike say a Bracken or a Bollinger.

ppl like tait risk injuries and still bowl fast for sole intention of winning matches for his country from any situation .. the most unselfish bowler ... our bowlers .. they are just preserving their body to put in months of crap bowling .. u r the man tait .. and oh yeah those who bring his one off performance in the perth test to justify him as not a good bowler ... go get a life kiddo or adulto .. watever .. :finger:

The guy's a freak who makes mockery almost every established fast bowling convention. Most express quicks have long, sprinter-like run-ups, he just ambles in. At the point of the delivery stride, other quicks have perfectly braced front knees and high releases. His front knee is almost fully collapsed and he gets into such a low position. After all this, from where he gets all that pace is quite a mystery.
That will put ridiculous pressure on his knees.
ppl like tait risk injuries and still bowl fast for sole intention of winning matches for his country from any situation .. the most unselfish bowler ... our bowlers .. they are just preserving their body to put in months of crap bowling .. u r the man tait .. and oh yeah those who bring his one off performance in the perth test to justify him as not a good bowler ... go get a life kiddo or adulto .. watever .. :finger:
You forgot to mention the two Ashes tests he played in 2005 and he didn't do any good if I my memory serves me right. Agreed, he more than made up for Brett Lee in the 2007 world cup but apart from that he didn't shine as much as he would have liked to on intl stage.
What is the use? 4 matches in T20s in 3 years 22 matches in one dayers in 3 years out of which 14 have been played in 2007 3 tests in 3 years - two in 2005 and 1 in 2008. From which situations has he won matches for his country. This chaddi cricket today? he hasn't even got a 5fer in his career. His test bowling average is in the 60s. His one day bowling average in 2009 is in the high 30s. What is the point of bowling phaast?
Get him to bowl on the pattas of Ahmedabad, Rajkot all other Gujju Cities :D, You will see him breaking down and taking the next flight to where he came from, I would rather prefer the likes of Siddle, Bollinger or even Nannes. They all have a mechanical bowling action, less stress and even more less prone to injury. Get our bowlers to bowl in conditions like Perth, Headingly, Cape Town, you would be suprised and would want to rush back to eat up your words.
To me Tait's pace looks very sterile and non-threatening on TV. Agree with Shane above' date=' Nannnes looked better.[/quote'] :hysterical: "sterile and non-threatening"..more like lifethreatening man... Ask any batsman if they would like to face 155-160 kmph stuff at their faces no matter how weird the bowler looks in his action and follow-through... with a little bit of bad luck...the red/white cherry at that speed can kill....
:hysterical: "sterile and non-threatening"..more like lifethreatening man... Ask any batsman if they would like to face 155-160 kmph stuff at their faces no matter how weird the bowler looks in his action and follow-through... with a little bit of bad luck...the red/white cherry at that speed can kill....
Can't tell about the Batsmen out there, but to me Johnson and Nannes looked more threatening and pacey, still can't tell about the speed gun, seems a bit dicey to me. I somehow can't convince myself to believe that ball was a 100 clicks, some of them that Nannes bowled looked quick though. Still Pace here is not the answer, pace and control is what is needed, which someone like a Siddle, Bollinger or even sometimes MJ has.

I watched the entire innings and from a Pak fan's point of view I can honestly say he looked more threatening than the others. They all looked very very threatening. His opening over is probably the fastest over I've seen in the last 10 years, it's faster than anythign Shoaib or Lee served up. Lee and Shoaib usually had one rocket with 5 fast deliveries, this guy had 7 (1 wide) rockets. That was quick, seriously quick bowling.

I watched the entire innings and from a Pak fan's point of view I can honestly say he looked more threatening than the others. They all looked very very threatening. His opening over is probably the fastest over I've seen in the last 10 years, it's faster than anythign Shoaib or Lee served up. Lee and Shoaib usually had one rocket with 5 fast deliveries, this guy had 7 (1 wide) rockets. That was quick, seriously quick bowling.
It was evident on the face of the Poyz openers.....Tait was absolutely lightning today

MJ went for like 20 in his 1st over, Nannes whilst quick was not keeping up with Tait, Tait is easily the fastest bowler on the Aussie domestic circuit(when 100% fit), perhaps now in the world with Akhtar and Lee gone. But as ppl said he only has to bowl 4 overs, MJ can keep his speeds from 140-150kph over a whole test day, and Tait is also injury prone, it seems he is never without strapping and even took a voluntary year off, im sure another injury is inevitable. But hey, enjoy watching it whilst it's there, it is seriously faaaast, his slowest delivery that wasnt an intentional slower ball was what 149kph. Certainly exciting to watch which is what T20 is about right? As for non threatening, ask AB Devilliers how non threatening he is at 100% fitness.

What is the use? 4 matches in T20s in 3 years 22 matches in one dayers in 3 years out of which 14 have been played in 2007 3 tests in 3 years - two in 2005 and 1 in 2008. From which situations has he won matches for his country. This chaddi cricket today? he hasn't even got a 5fer in his career. His test bowling average is in the 60s. His one day bowling average in 2009 is in the high 30s. What is the point of bowling phaast?
he is a impact bowler .. he was devastating in last world cup .. as i said , this guy wants to just bowl fast and does not think about injury .. our bowlers just have kitply cups ,idea cups to show and that is also bcos of batsmen. dont support our bowlers they are surely not pushing themselves to limit .. could be bcos of their crap fitness .. ashish nehra ..he is a joke and a liability to odi team ..
Get him to bowl on the pattas of Ahmedabad, Rajkot all other Gujju Cities :D, You will see him breaking down and taking the next flight to where he came from, I would rather prefer the likes of Siddle, Bollinger or even Nannes. They all have a mechanical bowling action, less stress and even more less prone to injury. Get our bowlers to bowl in conditions like Perth, Headingly, Cape Town, you would be suprised and would want to rush back to eat up your words.
ok worship your great bowlers the nehras and the munafs .. batsmen are winning games for us .. as simple as that ..
Can't tell about the Batsmen out there, but to me Johnson and Nannes looked more threatening and pacey, still can't tell about the speed gun, seems a bit dicey to me. I somehow can't convince myself to believe that ball was a 100 clicks, some of them that Nannes bowled looked quick though. Still Pace here is not the answer, pace and control is what is needed, which someone like a Siddle, Bollinger or even sometimes MJ has.
sir pls watch the game again and come back and post .. MJ was rubbish and even katmal smashed him for 20 in a over ..