New Zealand tracks overall the most challenging tracks to bat on???

Cricketics

New Zealand tracks overall the most challenging tracks to bat on???  

1. 1.

Forget about some fierce bowlers etc, Just seeing the tracks, Are New Zealand tracks the most challenging tracks to bat on??? Australia has its fair share of Flat tracks or have ground where on first couple of days, you can expect some real flat pitches like Gabba, or even MCG even though it will have some help for bowlers. New Zealand tracks I believe have the most challenging experience for batsmans. Most of the grounds. What Say???

Well its different for different batsmen.I think Aus tracks are pretty flat, they just have bounce that their bowlers can exploit more than lateral movement in the air.Their main Hit the deck kind of bowlers can bowl well on good bouncy tracks.So their tracks are challenging, but not all of them.Sydney Adelaide and the Hobart ones are pretty flat.Even W.A.C.A in Perth has some serious pace but not a green track. So in all aspects, Aus tracks are good for batting. Talking about NZ tracks, they have those drop in pitches, therefore it doesnt have a perfect built at the base.They are challenging because of the nature of the wind.Some cloud cover in the air that helps seam movement and give swing that assist their bowlers.But these are just not the only thing, for a subcontinental batsmen, the chilly cold weather is also very challenging.Therefore most batsman from sub continent finds it difficult. But the king of all, i think S.African pitches are the most difficult to handle.They are flying Pitches as they have the bounce, pace, swing and some seam movement backed up by a little bit of cloud cover.The fast nature of the pitch makes some batsmen err in judgement.The bounce is deceptive, not easy to play on the up as the pitch may have a steep bounce in store that can make the ball loop up in the air.So Saffie pitches are most challenging for me. On the other hand, for a batsman born under good swing and seaming conditions, playing spin seems a tough ask.So for him Lanka and India are challenging. P.S : For a country like Pakistan, even a belter smells danger.Collapse is always on.So all my judgements and remarks are made on basis of a decent International side(no minnows).

Talking about NZ tracks, they have those drop in pitches, therefore it doesnt have a perfect built at the base.They are challenging because of the nature of the wind.Some cloud cover in the air that helps seam movement and give swing that assist their bowlers.But these are just not the only thing, for a subcontinental batsmen, the chilly cold weather is also very challenging.Therefore most batsman from sub continent finds it difficult.
Who said to you we have drop in pitches in NZ? The drop in pitches are used only in one or two venues where there is also rugby or soccer is played. Not all venues have drop in pitches. Cloud cover does not help seam movement, the grass on the pitch does. Given the wet weather conditions here if the curators don't leave enough grass the bounce will be far too inconsistent. The grass is left to ensure the pitch are lot firmer if the soil underneath is slightly damp. Oh BTW not all venues are windy... Wellington is the worst of course but not all wind that blows is cold either. Only southerlies are cold and north westerlies can be a bit cold too. Rest of the wind is not too terrible unless it's a gayle force.
Who said to you we have drop in pitches in NZ? The drop in pitches are used only in one or two venues where there is also rugby or soccer is played. Not all venues have drop in pitches. Cloud cover does not help seam movement, the grass on the pitch does. Given the wet weather conditions here if the curators don't leave enough grass the bounce will be far too inconsistent. The grass is left to ensure the pitch are lot firmer if the soil underneath is slightly damp. Oh BTW not all venues are windy... Wellington is the worst of course but not all wind that blows is cold either. Only southerlies are cold and north westerlies can be a bit cold too. Rest of the wind is not too terrible unless it's a gayle force.
Ok.So they dont have Drop in pitches in all venues.Talking about cloud cover.What i meant was that the sun is not peaking therefore the moisture and the green tinge on the pitch stays for long and doesnt dry up, which is responsible for the seam movement.In India, the grass even if there, dries up when the sun is out. With Windy conditions, i meant the weather as a whole is petty cold, chilly for a sub continmental batsmen, but do you not agree with me on the note that S.African pitches are most difficult
Test cricket > SA tracks have the most life and are the toughest.
Yep...NZ has some really flat decks like Napier alongwith the more bowler friendly venues like Wellington. SA - pretty much all pitches have life in them for the pace bowlers and there is hardly a truly flat track in that country.