Humble Request to Young players.

dial_100

To, All new comers INDIAN CRICKET TEAM, Hi all, First of all, let me welcome you to the number 1 team in the world cricket. Now that you have made it to this team, as a ICF, I would like to request each one of you to work on your fitness. Be focused all the time. Please avoid stupid injuries. I know it is hard for every one to be atheletic but at least dont be pathetic in the field. I am sure with many of the seniors are retiring or about to retire from our Team, many of you will get a chance to play for the country. Prepare yourself hard. Please earn your place rather than waiting for your turn. We have lot of aspiring, talented players in our country. But be the one who will select himself. Be sehwag or Gambhir, Zaheer or Dhoni. We need you. You may become the great batsman or a bowler in the future or you are already one but still learn to take some easy catches, learn to field reachable ball to save 4 runs. Be fit, don't do Monkey stuff in the middle. You are taking the pride of Millions in the middle of the field. Respect that. Respect your team, Respect your fans. Always remember who your ancesters are (SRT, SG, RD, VVS and AK) Oh, by the way, we have gathered here to support you..We are always there to cheer for you. :two_thumbs_up: Welcome again to Indian Cricket Team. bonne chance! Cheers Indian Cricket Fan

stupid post! injuries is not something that is in control - they just happen and are not as related to fitness proportionally as you think. You cannot just say that you need to be "fit" and the player remains fit. A lot depends on the posture, the way a player plays, fielding, etc. Also, about gaining weight - usually the U-19 guys are not so strong and need to bulk up to build muscles. You cannot build muscles without getting bulky - its how it works.

Muscle development in pics :
This is one of the things I believe that Indian domestic fitness is lacking - if you look at Australian, even NZ players - they have been fed well, trained well, etc. In a sport which initially did not require high levels of fitness, importance of fitness is growing in the modern era. For players to be fitter, they should be trained well from the young age; unlike India, if you look at athletes in US, they are extremely fit - having a high protein diet, training well in the gym AND also on the field. I constantly come across high school kids who look way fitter than what i can imagine as fittest athlete coming out of Indian high school. In the end - the importance to fitness is paid only when player comes to international scene (it seems the players lack good fitness trainers or are unwilling to hire - that is why I was happy to hear Ganguly suggesting Ishant Sharma to get a private trainer). Also, if you remember - Zak was accused by Guru Greg of having extra flab and get rid of it. He immediately replied - "Its not a shirt I can just take off"; to cut and get leaner it takes time. Finally, I am not trying to defend UV or Nohit, I'm just pointing out that to get "fitter" athletes, we should give them time to get fitter or try to change the fitness level of athletes that come in - monitor diet, train well and hard. Imagine why Dhoni was drinking so much "milk" when he burst onto the international scene - he was on a great diet and looks very fit!
It looks like right hand version of South Ganguly when the legs in the air. @Topic, Good post dial. Thoda filmy tha.. par sahi hai.
Are you kidding me. I couldn't get any more filmy. I am very frustrated with their efforts yaar. These new comers take international cricket very lightly. DK, MV, RS, IS and many others who have dropped many simple dollys, the ball often pass through their legs, give very lousy efforts on the boundary line while fielding, never been able to hit the stumps for run out. If we want to stay on top then these aspiring blokes need to keep up with the international standards. I doubt any of these are going to be RD, SRT or AK. So at least they can add some X-factor in their inclusion in the side.
This is one of the things I believe that Indian domestic fitness is lacking - if you look at Australian, even NZ players - they have been fed well, trained well, etc. In a sport which initially did not require high levels of fitness, importance of fitness is growing in the modern era. For players to be fitter, they should be trained well from the young age; unlike India, if you look at athletes in US, they are extremely fit - having a high protein diet, training well in the gym AND also on the field. I constantly come across high school kids who look way fitter than what i can imagine as fittest athlete coming out of Indian high school. In the end - the importance to fitness is paid only when player comes to international scene (it seems the players lack good fitness trainers or are unwilling to hire - that is why I was happy to hear Ganguly suggesting Ishant Sharma to get a private trainer). Also, if you remember - Zak was accused by Guru Greg of having extra flab and get rid of it. He immediately replied - "Its not a shirt I can just take off"; to cut and get leaner it takes time. Finally, I am not trying to defend UV or Nohit, I'm just pointing out that to get "fitter" athletes, we should give them time to get fitter or try to change the fitness level of athletes that come in - monitor diet, train well and hard. Imagine why Dhoni was drinking so much "milk" when he burst onto the international scene - he was on a great diet and looks very fit!
SR - Nice post. I will be ahppy if IS really goes on to hire a private trainer and do something really quickly. Well, my post was not just on the fitness alone but overall efforts. Point is that they will be joining #1 team. Fitness of course will be the key but other aspects in my post are vital too. Because these guys will struggle to get chance if they do not cash on limitted opportunities that they will get to be part of the team. We should also avoid unprofessional incidences like the ones with Bhajji and Sreesanth.
It looks like right hand version of South Ganguly when the legs in the air. @Topic, Good post dial. Thoda filmy tha.. par sahi hai.
Ganguly is one person who's efforts on fitness I will never doubt - I have read numerous articles about how much he puts in to train and remain fit at this age (esp in telegraph which covers him really well). He definitely is not the best fielder, probably because he was not trained well in his initial days (unlike SR, UV, etc. who have a fielding coach) but you cannot at anytime call him unfit!
Are you kidding me. I couldn't get any more filmy. I am very frustrated with their efforts yaar. These new comers take international cricket very lightly. DK, MV, RS, IS and many others who have dropped many simple dollys, the ball often pass through their legs, give very lousy efforts on the boundary line while fielding, never been able to hit the stumps for run out. If we want to stay on top then these aspiring blokes need to keep up with the international standards. I doubt any of these are going to be RD, SRT or AK. So at least they can add some X-factor in their inclusion in the side.
Well said! :two_thumbs_up:
SR - Nice post. I will be ahppy if IS really goes on to hire a private trainer and do something really quickly. Well, my post was not just on the fitness alone but overall efforts. Point is that they will be joining #1 team. Fitness of course will be the key but other aspects in my post are vital too. Because these guys will struggle to get chance if they do not cash on limitted opportunities that they will get to be part of the team. We should also avoid unprofessional incidences like the ones with Bhajji and Sreesanth.
I think it call comes down to motivation and who you answer to. Captain motivates to a large extent - thats what Ganguly was know for - blowout motivation! As a member of the Indian team when you wear the blue uniform, you need to get self-motivated like SRT, Viru, GG, RSD, etc. do (just look at how proud they are playing for India); you answer to none - ONLY THE FANS! And according to me - that is NO PRESSURE TO PERFORM! This is why I love IPL - you answer to the owner!! I remember how scared Kevin Peterson was after losing i think the 2nd/3rd match as captain of BRC - it was written on his face that Vijay Mallaya is gonna rip him apart in the dressing room (I could see he was scared!). Thats pressure of answering to someone but for these new guys - they don't feel the pressure at all, as they are not answerable to anyone!