Dhoni is now officially a good test match player

He still had to prove to me that he is 100% a quality test match player(although i know most had already had accepted that:--D)and not just a decent test match player but brillinat odi player. However, over the last 2 years he has now without a shadow of a doubt, shown to me that he is the real deal and is a quality test match player. This is exemplified by his brilliant ton today, which also now takes his average to an outstanding 40, which for a keeper/bat is superb! He know has the official King Tendulkar test match approval!:two_thumbs_up:

Well I knew I was going to get grief for this thread. But as usual don't give a dammn cos post what I think:cantstop: Just feel he has truly reached that stage with his average now at 40 and a brilliant ton today when the team needed it. He really has now shown that he is not just a decent test match player but an excellent one.

Everytime his captaincy is questioned, this guy comes up with a terrific innings, leads from the front and silences his doubters!! Has now scored 5-6 int'l 100s in last 3-4 months. Last evening after we lost those 3 quick wickets, I was hoping for a lead of around 100. but the way we batted SA out of this game has been truly surreal.

He still had to prove to me that he is 100% a quality test match player(although i know most had already had accepted that:--D)and not just a decent test match player but brillinat odi player. However, over the last 2 years he has now without a shadow of a doubt, shown to me that he is the real deal and is a quality test match player. This is exemplified by his brilliant ton today, which also now takes his average to an outstanding 40, which for a keeper/bat is superb! He know has the official King Tendulkar test match approval!:two_thumbs_up:
don't insult great players like Gavaskar, Viv Richards, Sachin, Ponting by saying Dhoni as a good test players....We still have to see him performing in SA and Aus against the quality fast bowling and on a quality surface... now a days every other playing have 50+ average by performing better in thje home conditions, like Jayawerdhene, Younus Khan and many other......it's not a big deal now... even in ODI's, he played very well only againts Pakistan and Sri Lanka....and against rest, he is ok... he is not even good player of T20 as of now... But definitely he is a good player...but slightly overrated....
Everytime his captaincy is questioned, this guy comes up with a terrific innings, leads from the front and silences his doubters!! Has now scored 5-6 int'l 100s in last 3-4 months. Last evening after we lost those 3 quick wickets, I was hoping for a lead of around 100. but the way we batted SA out of this game has been truly surreal.
He has certainly led from the front. I am interested in seeing how he does in SA. Given his level of determination and just game-awareness, I reckon he will be successful.
don't insult great players like Gavaskar, Viv Richards, Sachin, Ponting by saying Dhoni as a good test players....We still have to see him performing in SA and Aus against the quality fast bowling and on a quality surface... now a days every other playing have 50+ average by performing better in thje home conditions, like Jayawerdhene, Younus Khan and many other......it's not a big deal now... even in ODI's, he played very well only againts Pakistan and Sri Lanka....and against rest, he is ok... he is not even good player of T20 as of now... But definitely he is a good player...but slightly overrated....
Don't forget that he is a keeper first, not a batsman. And nobody said that he is a great player or something. But you just can't say that he is not a good player. He is a good player. And he is overrated? By whom?
Dhoni is a street smart guy when it comes to batting. Great percentage cricketer.
Best seen when he faced Wayne Parnell after Lunch. Prior to lunch, he was beaten about 3-4 times in a single over by Parnell's angle. After lunch, he continuously moved outside his offstump to negate the angle, and was able to score freely.

Dhoni is definitely India's No.1 wicket keeper batsman. As to whether he is as good a batsman as his stats show him up to be, I personally do not think so. He always struggles against quality pace. Needless to mention, he was tormented by Steyn with the new ball earlier today and he ought to have been dismissed caught in the slips reasonably early on in his innings. Kallis was not in the right position there. I dont mean to take anything away from his sterling century which was instrumental in placing India in a great position. But that is also not to say that he has disproved all those who doubted and still doubt his batting in Test matches. He still has some way to go before dispelling those questions.

Best seen when he faced Wayne Parnell after Lunch. Prior to lunch' date=' he was beaten about 3-4 times in a single over by Parnell's angle. After lunch, he continuously moved outside his offstump to negate the angle, and was able to score freely.[/quote'] Exactly. He doesn't make overall technical adjustments. He just finds a technique on the fly to suit the particular pitch and particular bowler. Remember how he coped with Mendis where others were falling like nine pins.