Sehwag's Footy Skills!

akshayxyz

He kicked the ball over the ropes and then signaled a 'four' , to ensure Morkel stays on strike Actual incident - Morkel Amla had hit and took the single to give keep strike to Amla, Sehwag allowed the ball to cross the boundary, but it died just millimeters away. Umpire referred to the Third umpire and it was signalled overthrow penalty, hence additional 5 runs and change of strike. Before you go after me - it is in lighter sense - I found Sehwag's action as cute :)..Something that brought some smile in otherwise tense moment.

I have no video - but here is the commentary note: 129.4 Tendulkar to Amla, 1 run, 81.4 kph, More drama! Sehwag kicks the ball away to the boundary! slightly short in length and outside off stump and Amla punched it off the back foot and the ball stops just near the boundary. Now the drama begins! Sehwag who was after the ball leans to kick it away over the boundary! The umpires get on walkie talkie and talk ,. And talk. .. This is what they have decided. One run of the shot and five runs as penalty for kicking the ball Much fun!

how is it different from Not taking a single to protect a tail ender :dontknow:
Even though he was penalized for kicking the ball. I am not 'questioning' the act of kicking. I am more of referring to - kicking the ball and then blatantly signaling as if it is genuine four :).. whether it was ignorance or deliberate only Sehwag knows, but as I said, I did have a good laugh at the time when my heart rate was souring.
how is it different from Not taking a single to protect a tail ender :dontknow:
As per the rules (whatever it is) he was penalized for kicking the ball. But I was not 'questioning' the act of kicking. I was more of referring to - kicking the ball and then blatantly signaling as if it is genuine four :).. whether it was ignorance or deliberate only Sehwag knows, but as I said, I did have a good laugh at the time when my heart rate was souring.
This was disgraceful and against the spirit of the game. As much as I love and respect Sehwag' date=' he should be at least spoken to regarding this. And he is the vice captain as well. Not on at all.[/quote'] Calling it disgraceful is a bit OTT, a lot of players would have done the same thing, especially when the rule is not exactly clear on the matter!!