Sehwag's Footy Skills!

akshayxyz

Why are people kicking up a storm' date=' I've seen it happen before in cricket. Its not really that big an issue. You set fields to control which batsman is on strike, this is pretty much the same, on top they get bonus runs.[/quote'] I have done it myself. So i have no problem with that. Fielders deliberately misfielding the ball, fielder deliberately chasing the ball slowly. All these things i have seen happen regularly. From a tactical standpoint nothing wrong. It is like losing queen to take down King.
it is not illegal :aha:
Law 19.6. Overthrow or wilful act of fielder If the boundary results either from an overthrow or from the wilful act of a fielder the runs scored shall be (i) the penalty for a No ball or a Wide, if applicable, together with any penalties under either of Laws 18.5(b) (Deliberate short runs) or 42 (Fair and unfair play) that are applicable before the boundary is scored and (ii) the allowance for the boundary and (iii) the runs completed by the batsmen, together with the run in progress if they have crossed at the instant of the throw or act.
http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/laws/law-19-boundaries,45,AR.html

He should have dived to try saving it and in the process fallen over the rope, to make it look relatively more 'legal'. As for equating it with 'not taking a single', there is a slight difference ( I see). In fact, couple of more such incidents of deliberately allowing ball to cross the boundary were allowed (not punished). But, in this particular one, the ball stopped right before the rope and Sehwag kicked it. Though he tried his best to make it look accidental kick. Anyway - it would have been sin only ifffff Sehwag had done it by holding the ball in mouth and then dropping over. :D For now lets attribute it to umpiring mistake ;).

Slightly surprised to see Viru do that... But t'was desperate stations by then, I guess the entire team was hell-bent on having Morkel on strike. On a related note, seems like ICC has finally gotten something right. This law awarding the batting team the extra 4 runs+ allowing the batsmen to cross over is really cool one. Hopefully, such common sense prevails in other laws as well.

Any video please???? Its not really cheating' date=' its more of a tactic. If he were to purposely misfield and give a run. Would it still be cheating?[/quote'] it is not in the spirit of the game. visualize ponting or afridi or kallis or pietersen doing same and ask yourself if you would extend them the same amnesty?