Discussing the 2nd test between India and SA at Kolkata, 2010

Discussing the 2nd test between India and SA at Kolkata, 2010  

1. 1.

• With an Hour Left Today
    • Tomorrow After Lunch
    • Other

match all set for a saffie choke job. no matter what the lead' date=' i believe the game will be close, with the saffies having a chance to win and then ofc :giggle:[/quote'] It did seem that way when we had moved on to 300-odd for 2, having been at the position we were in at tea on day 1 and Duminy dropping Veeru early on... ...then they took three wickets in no time. :((

ABOUT 200. We already have 40, just want atleast 160 from the remaining players. We all saw how Morkel and Parnell were showing decent technique. Those were the last 2 saffer batsmans. I believe we need to score as much as we can. We are going to bat last on this pitch so we gotta put the biggest lead possible.

haha cos he criticized Tendulkar ?
Ugate Suraj ko Pujane wala
This! I do not mind people criticizing SRT if they stand their grounds but Manjrekar started pelting stones because he saw the others doing the same. And of course some of you think criticizing Tendulkar would make you look "realistic" and a true avid cricket follower; forgetting that if you are adamant on criticizing one player out of a team of 11 then he must be damn good as you yourself have higher expectations from him (not his fault if you think he should score 100 every time he plays.)

Being realistic - Steyn & Co will come in all cylinders firing. I expect Mishra to edge and/ or bifff his way to 10-15 runs. Laxman and Dhoni should be good for another 50 between the two of them. I think the tail - Zaheer, Bhajji and Sharma -.should be good for 25-30. Which means a total lead of around 130-150 runs. I am more concerned that they play out time. We need SA to play as late as possible on this 3rd day pitch. However, that's assuming no rain.

actually this could be good for India. If we survive initial spell from Styen and Morkel especially if Laxman and Dhoni survive. they will ball only 12 hour in an hour. There were 5 overs behind today, they took 5 wickets and each wicket means 4 mins time deducted, so each wicket is equal to an over. By the first hour, they will be 8 hours behind, and Smith will have no choice but to use spinners just like Ponting had to in Perth and Nagpur.
:WTF:
Guest DeveGowda
we shouldn't get into a shell though...if Bhajji and Misra can get a good couple of 20's, Laxman and Dhoni some 30's, we can get 170+ play positive and the runs will come
250+