How many tests should be against each country in a series (For India)?

vvvslaxman

Australia 4 test series SA 4 test series England 4 test series NZ 3 test series WI 3 test series SL 3 test series Bangladesh 0 test series Pakistan 0 test series Anything less than that is not acceptable.
I don't rate England much, so 3 tests should be sufficient against them.

I want us to play Pakistan, just to put their phaaaaaaaaaaast bowlers in their place.. For that series, I want Pakistan to select the druggie brothers, Asif and Akhtar, the next big thing in international cricket, Aamer and the Beast of all beasts, the conveniently billed 6'11 (exactly 1 more inch than the current world record) Monster, Mohammed Irfan. Then, the walloping will be even sweeter. :laugh: Some loonies from across the border still think their bowling attack is better than ours. Its time they get a strong dose of reality. :cantstop:

India v/s Aus - 4 Tests India v/s S.Africa - 4 Tests India v/s England - 3 Tests India v/s W.Indies - 3 Tests India v/s N.Zeland - 3 Tests India v/s Pakistan - 3 Tests India v/s Sri Lanka - 3 Tests (of not played for a long time) India v/s Bangladesh and Zimbabwe - 2 Tests ( if at all needed)

I want us to play Pakistan, just to put their phaaaaaaaaaaast bowlers in their place.. For that series, I want Pakistan to select the druggie brothers, Asif and Akhtar, the next big thing in international cricket, Aamer and the Beast of all beasts, the conveniently billed 6'11 (exactly 1 more inch than the current world record) Monster, Mohammed Irfan. Then, the walloping will be even sweeter. :laugh: Some loonies from across the border still think their bowling attack is better than ours. Its time they get a strong dose of reality. :cantstop:
Another long dig at Pakistan when the thread is more about number of tests vs all sides. I am a stern believe that any series should have enough room for comebacks. It usually takes 1test for both sides to get to the pace of the opponents and see strengths and weaknesses. A 3 test series is not enough for that to happen in most cases. If the Ashes in 2005 was a 3 test series, we'd have never witnessed the greatest cricketing spectacle ever. For me, the less able teams currently, Pakistan, NZ and WI belong in that category only should get 3 tests each against everyone. The bigger boys should be be playing 5 test series and that to every 4/5 years so that the contest has even more riding on it. Cut out these rubbish 5 ODI and 7 ODI series, make them then a 3 match series at max to give extra time for the tests.

If you have genuine reason like New zealand i can forgive. They lost clutch of very good international players in a short span. I can understand that. But teams like West Indies, Bangladesh, Pakistan have no such excuses. Especially Bangladesh. They are still living on the "We are inexperienced" tag. Srilanka proved they belonged from the get go. But even after 10 years Bangladesh is still losing left and right in all formats.