Potential bidders for two new IPL franchises (Pune and Kochi selected)

SachDan

Just saw the news on cricinfo. Great to know that Sahara got at least one team. They have given a lot to Indian sports and especially Indian cricket and deserved to get a team. Pune is as expected but I dont understand where did Kochi creep from. I thought UP or some other state would have got the second team

Ahmedabad did not get a franchisee .. that is really surprising .. I was almost sure Ahmedabad would get a franchisee .. according to CI, Sahara had also bid the same amount of Ahmedabad and Nagpur but went with Pune. What was the Adani Group guys doing :giggle: .. they had made entry into world's richest at Forbes this year and could not even afford to buy an IPL team for Ahmedabad

Does Kochi have the infrastructure well enough for IPL matches .. and are people really that cricket crazy there .. Ahmedabad had full stadiums when there were two matches this year and the stadium occupancy would have been very good .. never heard much big cricket in Kochi

Does Kochi have the infrastructure well enough for IPL matches .. and are people really that cricket crazy there .. Ahmedabad had full stadiums when there were two matches this year and the stadium occupancy would have been very good .. never heard much big cricket in Kochi
Kerala is quite cricket crazy . All the matches in Kochi are sold out when india plays . but Pune team , is bad news for Mumbai Indians ..they wil lose out a lot of support from Maharashtra imo . There should have been one team from UP .

Kerala is quite cricket crazy . All the matches in Kochi are sold out when india plays . but Pune team , is bad news for Mumbai Indians ..they wil lose out a lot of support from Maharashtra imo . There should have been one team from UP .
There should have been one team from either UP or Gujarat (Ahmedabad) I did not know that Kochi is cricket crazy .. Pune wont affect much support for MI ... when DC played at Navi Mumbai as their home stadium (which is in Mumbai itself) the stadiums were still filled up .. Pune is a lot far off compared to Navi Mumbai .. If Navi Mumbai can support DC team without affecting MI and the stadiums are full then I dont see any reason why Pune would affect MI in any manner .. yes a bit maybe but not to any significant extent

royals would be the most happy cuz no ah' date='dabad[/quote'] I agree .. they were looking to build support in Gujarat too from this IPL onwards .. but they need to make some good purchases and build a proper team before people start supporting them .. they need to buy proper cricketers and not Damien Martyn and Michael Lumb .. they need a good management with brains which seem to be missing for them as of now