Like Kamran, Aaron hopes to fast-track career in 45 days

mastana

Like Kamran, Aaron hopes to fast-track career in 45 days team-vaaron.png

With a few days to go for the third edition of the IPL, Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Sourav Ganguly spoke about 20-year-old Varun Aaron as someone who could bowl at 90 miles an hour before proclaiming him as a future star of Indian cricket. Even coach Dav Whatmore playfully pretends to duck when he crosses paths with the youngster from Jharkhand. “I have always tried to bowl as fast as I can and have been recognised for my pace even at the junior level,” says Aaron, whose father shifted from Bangalore to Jamshedpur in the 1980s. Aaron, who is suffering from a stress fracture in his back, will miss the first few matches for the Knight Riders this time around. “I have had awful luck with injuries so far. I was picked in the East Zone squad for the Deodhar Trophy last year but ended up missing it,” he says. But it is not only his skipper singing praises about him that has lifted Aaron’s spirits of late. After spending six seasons at the MRF Pace Academy under the tutelage of Dennis Lillee, Aaron has now got the opportunity to pick the brains of the legendary Wasim Akram, who is the bowling consultant with the Knight Riders. “He was always my favourite fast bowler growing up. He explained a lot about swing and how to control it. Lillee sir told me that I had all the ingredients right for a fast bowler and that I would play for India one day,” says a beaming Aaron, who has picked up 12 wickets at 44.91 in six first-class games for his state so far. The youngster remains philosophical about suffering from a back injury at this early juncture in his career, but believes he will continue to try and keep bowling at his fastest. “After my injury I was waiting for my action to get cleared. I couldn’t even try and get into a Ranji team. The IPL is the most important event for me at this stage. Last year I understood how you can get famous so quickly and how people can forget you even quicker,” says the left-arm fast bowler.
“He was always my favourite fast bowler growing up. He explained a lot about swing and how to control it. Lillee sir told me that I had all the ingredients right for a fast bowler and that I would play for India one day,” says a beaming Aaron, who has picked up 12 wickets at 44.91 in six first-class games for his state so far. The youngster remains philosophical about suffering from a back injury at this early juncture in his career, but believes he will continue to try and keep bowling at his fastest. Fate though hasn’t been so kind with Kamran, whose action came under immense scrutiny following the IPL last season. “After my injury I was waiting for my action to get cleared. I couldn’t even try and get into a Ranji team. The IPL is the most important event for me at this stage. Last year I understood how you can get famous so quickly and how people can forget you even quicker,” says the left-arm fast bowler.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/like-kamran-aaron-hopes-to-fasttrack-career-in-45-days/589811/2

He is a very strong lad as well as his new ball partner from Jharkhand Rahul Shukla who will play for MI, both are strong lads. Rahul SHukla has represented Australian Institute of Sports in Emerging player tourny last year and did quite well.

team-vaaron.png
Varun Raymond Aaron is a strapping right-arm medium-fast bowler hailing from Jamshedpur. A member of Indian captain MS Dhoni’s Jharkhand Ranji side, the 20-year-old made his first class debut against Jammu and Kashmir in 2008. The high point in Aaron’s career came when he was selected to represent an Australian Institute of Sport team in 2008 after being picked up from the MRF Pace Foundation. But his big break came when he impressed Sourav Ganguly at the KKR selection trials in Kolkata and was eventually offered a contract for IPL 2010. The legendary Wasim Akram too was impressed by Aaron’s bowling in the recently concluded KKR training camp before the Duleep Trophy.
Dhoni doesnt know about him? :hitler: