Indian Speed Database

CG

he bowled another overand because he got hammered in the 1st bowling 142 plus ..he bowled at 136 in the 2nd over...poor indian young guns..they just do not have the confidence to go bowl at 145 for long ,even if they can the captain won't allow it seems for fear of being hammered :-( sad

he bowled another overand because he got hammered in the 1st bowling 142 plus ..he bowled at 136 in the 2nd over...poor indian young guns..they just do not have the confidence to go bowl at 145 for long ' date='even if they can the captain won't allow it seems for fear of being hammered :-( sad[/quote'] no worry, he lacks control which can be achieved by practice and corrections but not the pace. He needs to correct his line. He was very nervous today in his first game.

the thing is these guys like UMESH and ABU NACHEM AHMED they play for sides like vidarbha and assam etc,everyone knows north eastern states and other small states have lots of young talent who are ignored because of they do not have big daddys......it is sad.. I ust hope these 2 guys get a look in for india AND A LIBERTY TO BOWL ALL-OUT :pray:

the thing is these guys like UMESH and ABU NACHEM AHMED they play for sides like vidarbha and assam etc' date=everyone knows north eastern states and other small states have lots of young talent who are ignored because of they do not have big daddys......it is sad.. I ust hope these 2 guys get a look in for india AND A LIBERTY TO BOWL ALL-OUT :pray:
completely agree that there ar every good talents in the smaller states bu dont get chance .. one more guy who might be a good prospect is Abid Nabi from Jammu and Kashmir .. he was also known for bowling at 140+ in domestic matches and was about to be given a chance in the Indian team before he joined ICL .. after his return from ICL last year he was ok in the domestic Ranji plate league taking 22 wickets in only 4 matches .. no IPL team has taken this year but I would also like to keep an eye on him .. he is 24 now but still might be prospect

yes....ABID was once told to be the fastest in india....when I was a child...I heard abt a guy with raw pace....who was never given a chance..his name was ashish jaidi or something....in the early 90s....it is time when overhyped guys like Rp singh,sreesanth,Nehra,Ishant are given a break...I have no probs with praveen and zaheer but surely we need better bowlers who are atleast consitent with pace if not line and length ....ishant,Rp,munaf,Nehra are inconsistent in length,pace and all other things........Irfan also can be fitted as a batting all-rounder :p I feel atleast UMESH must must must get a chance.....I mean I am a bengali myself but choosing DINDA for india was disgusting to say the least....it is india first for me always....I hope I see the likes of Umesh,Abu in the next test series... btw----if Nehra can be picked at around 30 without any kind of fitness left in him....I wpuld pick an UMESH or ABU even if they are 29 BTW--here is a topic on ABID NABI http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/27cspec.htm?q=tp&file=.htm

Abid i heard clocked 147ks when bowling to Laxman once in the nets somewhere.he joined ICL and lost imp years.he is still 21 i guess. Umesh Yadav and abu Nechim should be allowed to go on the field and bowl as quickly as possible they may be way ward at 1st but will improve with time. Yadav has a good built and quick arm action and alredy bowls a decent yorker Nechim has a slingy action and will be a bit way ward but at 21 he surely is an inidia prospect. good thing is that yadav has eric simmons as coach who is India's bowling coach Abu Nechim has T A sekhar perhaps india's best fast bwoling coach.

yes....ABID was once told to be the fastest in india....when I was a child...I heard abt a guy with raw pace....who was never given a chance..his name was ashish jaidi or something....in the early 90s....it is time when overhyped guys like Rp singh,sreesanth,Nehra,Ishant are given a break...I have no probs with praveen and zaheer but surely we need better bowlers who are atleast consitent with pace if not line and length ....ishant,Rp,munaf,Nehra are inconsistent in length,pace and all other things........Irfan also can be fitted as a batting all-rounder :p I feel atleast UMESH must must must get a chance.....I mean I am a bengali myself but choosing DINDA for india was disgusting to say the least....it is india first for me always....I hope I see the likes of Umesh,Abu in the next test series... btw----if Nehra can be picked at around 30 without any kind of fitness left in him....I wpuld pick an UMESH or ABU even if they are 29 BTW--here is a topic on ABID NABI http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/27cspec.htm?q=tp&file=.htm
Yes. I remember reading about him in the newspapers. Seems like a promising young boy.