Umesh Yadav touches 143.7! Is he an Indian?

achilles

No he gets swing' date=' especially out when he bowls fuller length and his seam position is good too and it is not the first time I watched him swing the bowl at pace. I have seen him in challenger trophy final as well. Problem is, he bowls too short most of the time. He needs to bowl fuller to get more wicket and mix it with surprise bouncers and slower ones.[/quote'] That's good to hear. You have seen him a lot more than me so it sounds like he is a very very good prospect. He needs to get his length right and get the ball to swing the ball on a consistent basis in order to come good for India. I have seen him look like cannon fodder on too many occasions but he has the tools to succeed and hopefully he will keep on improving in the next 12-18 months. RKT, do you think he should have been picked against South Africa in the 1st test last year? I have really lived the look of Unadkat in this tournament, he seems like a very inteliigent bowler and think he could become a good bowler for India as he is still extremely young.

That's good to hear. You have seen him a lot more than me so it sounds like he is a very very good prospect. He needs to get his length right and get the ball to swing the ball on a consistent basis in order to come good for India. I have seen him look like cannon fodder on too many occasions but he has the tools to succeed and hopefully he will keep on improving in the next 12-18 months. RKT, do you think he should have been picked against South Africa in the 1st test last year? I have really lived the look of Unadkat in this tournament, he seems like a very inteliigent bowler and think he could become a good bowler for India as he is still extremely young.
Unadkat is very good bowler for limited overs but not the longer formats as he does not have much options up his sleeve. If it does not swing he is cannon fodder and he cannot even touch 130 in tests that very ordinary for any pacer at international level, but he has variations to succeed in LOI cricket. Unadkat is still very young is immature physically, he has a long way to go...he can be very good in 2-3 years time...he just needs to maintain his fitness. I think Yadav should have played that test. Unadkat could not anything and is still not ready to play test cricket for at least 2-3 years. Yadav should have got the taste of Test which could have helped him later. And in case of Yadav, my analysis is, he is a short guy, so he cannot bowl Morkel's length. He should bowl at Steyn's length who also is not a tall bowler. He may not get as much swing as Steyn, but he you bowls that length and line, he will certainly get some movement and he is as quick as Steyn, and when he bowls that way he will have more options of taking wicket that is LBW, bowled, catch at keeper and slips, catch in outfield and then he can mixes it up with yorkers, bouncers, and slower balls, but if he continuously bowl short he will not get Morkel's bouncer and may get hit and his options of getting wickets are also less with bowled and LBWs out of the way. That is my suggestion for Umesh Yadav, though it is easier said than done, but it is my own experience and analysis.

Umesh showed his potential today. This guy should be really worked upon by the BCCI. He got 2 wickets and Gauti's easy catch from a fast bouncer was dropped. The fact that he is capable of dismissing 3 top international batsmen bodes well for him. It was interesting to see him move the ball quite a few times today, something he was not confident to do earlier. He actually touched 152k + and bowled many many good deliveries around the 145k mark. I hope that this performane will give him confidence to bowl well in the future as well. Best of luck to him. :two_thumbs_up:
ishant bowled at 152 K in IPL as his fastest, did Umesh touch 152K in IPL till now. 147K was Varun's fastest.

Unadkat is very good bowler for limited overs but not the longer formats as he does not have much options up his sleeve. If it does not swing he is cannon fodder and he cannot even touch 130 in tests that very ordinary for any pacer at international level' date=' but he has variations to succeed in LOI cricket. Unadkat is still very young is immature physically, he has a long way to go...he can be very good in 2-3 years time...he just needs to maintain his fitness.[/quote'] I wouldn't say 'very good bowler' for limited overs cricket. He is solid. His record is okay and he shows promise. He is still very raw, got an unrefined action and lacks consistency. He has good variations, but I think that in terms of variations, the likes of Dinda and R Vinay Kumar are a bit ahead of him. Yes. I also think he bowls too short. If he pitches it up more, batsmen will struggle a lot more against his pace and he might find some swing, too.

Unadkat is very good bowler for limited overs but not the longer formats as he does not have much options up his sleeve. If it does not swing he is cannon fodder and he cannot even touch 130 in tests that very ordinary for any pacer at international level, but he has variations to succeed in LOI cricket. Unadkat is still very young is immature physically, he has a long way to go...he can be very good in 2-3 years time...he just needs to maintain his fitness. I think Yadav should have played that test. Unadkat could not anything and is still not ready to play test cricket for at least 2-3 years. Yadav should have got the taste of Test which could have helped him later. And in case of Yadav, my analysis is, he is a short guy, so he cannot bowl Morkel's length. He should bowl at Steyn's length who also is not a tall bowler. He may not get as much swing as Steyn, but he you bowls that length and line, he will certainly get some movement and he is as quick as Steyn, and when he bowls that way he will have more options of taking wicket that is LBW, bowled, catch at keeper and slips, catch in outfield and then he can mixes it up with yorkers, bouncers, and slower balls, but if he continuously bowl short he will not get Morkel's bouncer and may get hit and his options of getting wickets are also less with bowled and LBWs out of the way. That is my suggestion for Umesh Yadav, though it is easier said than done, but it is my own experience and analysis.
Nice analysis. Thanks mate

Guest tekno

Mithun is still very raw in his runup, gather and follow though and also as an overall bowler, and needs to gather a better skillset to excel at the International level. Oh and he bowls atleast one no ball every match. Yadav has a very relaxed run up and natural flowing gather and delivery. Definitely hurries the batsmen. Unadkat, still young and developing as a bowler. Likes to bowl a lot of short balls to pick up the wickets.

I wouldn't say 'very good bowler' for limited overs cricket. He is solid. His record is okay and he shows promise. He is still very raw, got an unrefined action and lacks consistency. He has good variations, but I think that in terms of variations, the likes of Dinda and R Vinay Kumar are a bit ahead of him. Yes. I also think he bowls too short. If he pitches it up more, batsmen will struggle a lot more against his pace and he might find some swing, too.
oh! i got a bit outrageous. He is just one point below a decent bowler of LOIs right now, but for tests he is below average. I meant he is decent as first or second change bowler for LOI and that too when conditions favor him because he mixes it up well, but he is not a strike bowler right now. He has not done anything special even in Ranjis yet. He needs to progress continuously and bulk up a bit. he is too thin. Look Umesh Yadav..he is not tall and not heavily built, but he is strong and same is with Mithun, the most athletic Indian fast bowler I have ever seen, and not a bad fielder toob. Mithun was bowling pretty well yesterday. Yuvi could not get hold of him.

Mithun looks to have added more muscle and seems to have fine tuned his action a bit. The results are showing in the speeds and also the length he is bowling at, consistently in the high 130s and a lot of deliveries in the 140s with top speeds of around 145-146 kmph. Thats a massive improvement from last IPL when he was struggling to hit even 135 kmph. He's just 21 and has got the built and height to add more pace to his bowling while continue learning the skills.

Mithun looks to have added more muscle and seems to have fine tuned his action a bit. The results are showing in the speeds and also the length he is bowling at, consistently in the high 130s and a lot of deliveries in the 140s with top speeds of around 145-146 kmph. Thats a massive improvement from last IPL when he was struggling to hit even 135 kmph. He's just 21 and has got the built and height to add more pace to his bowling while continue learning the skills.
And he has stamina to bowl long at sustained pace. He is the most athletic and fittest cricketer in India right now. He is our Mitchell Johson in terms of stamina...Johnson has a factory of electrolytes in his body, never looks tired while bowling quick in longer spells...

Ishant and Mithun seems to be the 2 most improved pacers in India this season. Ishant is doing everything perfect except his bowling during the death overs. He himself has said that pace and bounce are his key strenghts and he would stick to that. I am looking forward to his test bowling, especially in England, as he seems to have developed the art of moving the ball both ways when the conditions are suitable. Mithun is bowling straight and not giving much room. He looks fitter and his runup seems to have improved. He is looking very quick. In the last season he has shown that he can move the ball and has a good yorker and bouner. Definitely one of the best contenders for an Indian team call-up right now.

Was busy and so could not watch any of the matches yesterday. What was Yadav's fastest ball yesterday. He seems to be have gone for quite a few which is a peculiar problem with all express bowlers. The faster the ball reaches the bat the faster it goes to the boundary too. Pace is nearly useless without accuracy. Yadav and Aaron need to bring accuracy to be successful.

And he has stamina to bowl long at sustained pace. He is the most athletic and fittest cricketer in India right now. He is our Mitchell Johson in terms of stamina...Johnson has a factory of electrolytes in his body' date=' never looks tired while bowling quick in longer spells...[/quote'] He is too unidimensional to suceed in international cricket particularly in india ,Pace is nothing nowadays without movement or accuracy,In terms of maintain speeds in a spell ishant is by far the quickest indian he always is 135+ even towards the end of day.

He is too unidimensional to suceed in international cricket particularly in india ' date='Pace is nothing nowadays without movement or accuracy,In terms of maintain speeds in a spell ishant is by far the quickest indian he always is 135+ even towards the end of day.[/quote'] Ishant was even worse when he came into the Indian team. He all learned after playing 2-3 years in international cricket. These new bowler will not improve until they get fair exposure at international level. In domestic, Ishant was used to bowl 130-135. IF you talk about the average speed Yadav and Aaron are the faster in consistent speed because Ishant's speed is all rhythm which he does not sustain for long. I have seen Aaron bowling 143ks average speed for 10 overs in Vijay Hazaare and Devdhar trophy in which he too 5 wickets he bowled around 60 deliveries and around 45 deliveries were between 140-145.. some were over 145 and very few were less than 140...Aaron only played one game and I think he is injured after that game...he had thigh strain i think that is whey he could not play further...