What Preity needs to do to Inspire Chinks XI

Rajiv

Guest Hiten.

I think Kings XI were taken by surprise by UV's no-show in this IPL. It's like they depended on him too much and he was their Plan A-Z. They did very little to strengthen their fragile batting and bowling line up, all they ended up doing was recycling the tested and failed material. Only individual brilliance can lead this team, as for now them playing as a unit looks almost impossible.

Yuvraj has looked shagged out this entire IPL. Looks like he is not getting the right maal, these days. Preity must use her Bollywood reach and hook him up with Deepika. Deepika has been known to be the force behind Yuvi's smashing form in the 2007 T20 WC.

yuvi yuvi yuvi , u guys are , hmmm well forget bout it . give the guy a break since champions trophy he is constantlyhaving hand injuries and latest one was month before ipl. he is not a machine u can just switch on and off, it takes time to get in the rthym well for the last week or so he is getting back , so stop b,it,ching bout yuvi. leave him alone Peace

yuvi yuvi yuvi , u guys are , hmmm well forget bout it . give the guy a break since champions trophy he is constantlyhaving hand injuries and latest one was month before ipl. he is not a machine u can just switch on and off, it takes time to get in the rthym well for the last week or so he is getting back , so stop b,it,ching bout yuvi. leave him alone Peace
What happened in post #4?

I think Yuvi is looking good now. His batting form is coming back. He looks good for t20 worldcup. KXi doesnt have hope cuz sanga is the captain and moody is the coach and they are very one dimensional. Yuvi wasnt a smash hit with batting in 2008 and 2009 ipl either but he was our best bat in international games. So nothign to worry about as far as I am concerned. I did have doubt in the beginning but he is getting back to his big hitting abilities.

He is their iconic player how will he get out.
Yuvi wont play for kingx si until sanga and moody remain the bosses. He shouldnt. However, if they are replaced, then yuvi should stick with punjab. Thats my humble opinion.

On paper, this has to be the strongest Indian starting 11 of any IPL teams but they also got the 2nd worst bunch of International players. Picking Sanagakkar to lead, what is essentially an full Indian national team, was probably the biggest mistake they did. Granted Yuvi is not that much of a captain when it comes to strategies, but he had the results to back him up. They won 10 games in the 1st season and were only beaten to the semifinal spot last time by run rate. So why change the captain? Its not like Sanga hasn't made captain-ship blunders. Irfan pathan at 6 just shows us the awful batting like up they have. When the owners try to become the limelight of the team and make changes that they are not qualified to make, this is what happens. Luckily for KKR, SRK took a backseat this year. Maybe Preity can do the same.

Go back to the drawing board...get a good cricket strategist i.e. a person who has a good cricketing brain and form a new team all together. Also do what vvvslaxman said above...nurture the youngsters..look at RR. And i agree with what g92 said above..change logos, jersey etc..even that can help. :winky: