Karnataka govt. vs IPL and BCCI now

ViruRulez

:hysterical::hysterical: Is he a Paki, "There vaas no seecureeity praablaam. No van died. Vee can hold matches"? Next year's world cup matches should be stripped from Bangalore. Unless there is accountability and repercussions, nothing will change.
I am all for stripping matches away from Bangalore -- That is just about the only way the Cricket Associations are going to learn their lessons and be seirous about it. Those MOther ****ing Pot-Bellied Cops had a bomb sitting next to them and somebody placed it there without them knowing it? Give me a bloody break.

Grounds get banned for one year because the pitch had a bit of uneven bounce, but it will be business as usual when terrorists plant explosive at the entrance gates of a high profile match. Mera Bharat Mahaan! :isalute:
You are being a drama queen. Grounds/pitch is the responsibility of the local Cricket association. So, any lapse on that would be accountable to the association and penalty imposed is logical, But security is the the responsibility of the local govt/police as the association requests help from them. So, you will have to penalise the govt and not the local association. It's like banning all trains to Chatrapathi Shivaji terminus after 26/11.

I disagree with the move, but this is less absurd than Deccan home games being shifted even though both sections of the Telengana issue had said they support the Chargers and that there would be no disruption. Seems like the Northie/Westie lobby is looking for any reason to take games away from the Southies so that they can pocket more $$$$$. If they want to move the games, why not move it to Chennai for example? Why does every ****ing move have to be to in or around Mumbai?

You are being a drama queen. Grounds/pitch is the responsibility of the local Cricket association. So, any lapse on that would be accountable to the association and penalty imposed is logical, But security is the the responsibility of the local govt/police as the association requests help from them. So, you will have to penalise the govt and not the local association. It's like banning all trains to Chatrapathi Shivaji terminus after 26/11.
Yeah, I suppose teams should also play matches in Lahore for it is not the fault of the Lahore cricket association that Sri Lankan cricketers got shot at while playing there? The responsibility of the security was not with them, but the police in Pakistan. Here is the thing - the Chinnaswamy authorities are perhaps not directly responsible, but that it irrelevant. Fact is that there was a major security breach and a major mishap could easily have happened. Teams and players are not interested in who is to blame for it. Unless the BCCI is seen to take action against Bangalore, touring teams will not trust the assurances given to them. Due to India's financial clout teams and players have been reluctant to break ties but with these kind of incidents and by turning a blind eye to them, it won't last long. BCCI should send a clear signal that Bangalore is being docked for this security breach and they are no longer comfortable holding matches there. Such clear action will put pressure on police and governments involved at other venues to put up a better show. Letting it slide will only lead to more such incidents and it will only be a matter of time before India can bid goodbye to any international cricket. Did you read what the CM and his HM have said that this was a minor incident involving crude bombs? Did terrorists come and tell them, "No need to worry sir, we are placing only crude bombs". I am amazed how you can say that such kind of nonsense should not have any repercussions. A minimum of one year ban for Bangalore from staging any sporting event of consequence should be an immediate decision.

Yeah, I suppose teams should also play matches in Lahore for it is not the fault of the Lahore cricket association that Sri Lankan cricketers got shot at while playing there? The responsibility of the security was not with them, but the police in Pakistan. Here is the thing - the Chinnaswamy authorities are perhaps not directly responsible, but that it irrelevant. Fact is that there was a major security breach and a major mishap could easily have happened. Teams and players are not interested in who is to blame for it. Unless the BCCI is seen to take action against Bangalore, touring teams will not trust the assurances given to them. Due to India's financial clout teams and players have been reluctant to break ties but with these kind of incidents and by turning a blind eye to them, it won't last long. BCCI should send a clear signal that Bangalore is being docked for this security breach and they are no longer comfortable holding matches there. Such clear action will put pressure on police and governments involved at other venues to put up a better show. Letting it slide will only lead to more such incidents and it will only be a matter of time before India can bid goodbye to any international cricket. Did you read what the CM and his HM have said that this was a minor incident involving crude bombs? Did terrorists come and tell them, "No need to worry sir, we are placing only crude bombs". I am amazed how you can say that such kind of nonsense should not have any repercussions. A minimum of one year ban for Bangalore from staging any sporting event of consequence should be an immediate decision.
It takes a while to accept, but I can't dispute what you say. I think the match should be abandonned after knowing bombs (even crude ones) went off. It was stupid on everybody's part (players, ksca, police etc.) to continue to play after the attack.

When hyd could not host an ODI due to telangana, it was moved to nagpur, when blore cannot host ipl semis, it is moved to mumbai. matches are getting moved to maharashtra at the drop of a hat.. why dont they consider moving it to Chennai.. when was the last time any terrorism related incident happened in chennai [ touch wood ]

When hyd could not host an ODI due to telangana' date=' it was moved to nagpur, when blore cannot host ipl semis, it is moved to mumbai. matches are getting moved to maharashtra at the drop of a hat.. why dont they consider moving it to Chennai.. when was the last time any terrorism related incident happened in chennai [ touch wood ']
I think the reason is because BCCI head office is in Mumbai, there are several stadiums in Mumbai where matches will surely be houseful and other important cricket related people like Sharad Pawar etc. are also in Mumbai .. I agree with you that Chennai has been quite good till now too .. frankly speaking touch wood I have not even heard of any terrorist attacks or bomb blasts in Chennai ever .. even LTTE has never been able to touch Chennai in all these decades even after such close proximity if I am not incorrect

welll matches moved from Bangalore i agree.They ****ed up and messed up the security.No more cricket matches in Bangalore for a while should be the best way to punish them. But why move them to MUMBAI? why whenever matches have to be shifted,they have to be in Maharashtra? kanpur cant hold match....Give it to Nagpur? how many matches in last few months in Nagpur? DC cant play in HYD.hold it in Mumbai or Nagpur. are there no place in India except these two?

I think elaborate security is already in place in Mumbai for the Finals. So the common sense was to move the semifinals too to Mumbai. Plus crowdwise, BCCI can get maximum earnings in Mumbai. Kolkata is bit iffy as people might no be warm to the matches not involving Duh-Duh. BCCI have their HQ in Mumbai. Chennai is too hot and humid. Chandigarh cops are not reliable and might sell tickets in Black. Delhi pitch is not fit for any sort of cricket. Nagpur is only getting matches because of S Manohar connection otherwise the public there are not too enthusiastic towards cricket and the stadium is too far away from the city. Lastly, God lives in Mumbai..