DLF IPL is fixed: Investigators

Holysmoke

It cant be fixed man, We are not fools to watch fixed matches:hehe: Besides everyone involved is getting so much money doing it the normal way, why would they risk it fixing it?
i too used to thin the same way .. but if u see the past few matches ,, sadly its true that they have been fixed

I think Mid day just had some kind of a flash forward into the future. Such shoddy piece of journalism I have never come across...in print. On tv, of course our esteemed news channels don't hold back on a media trial, which happens without concrete proof...just "sources". ICC anti-corruption unit has been hired by the IPL to take care of any wrong doing...if there was anything...I am sure the ICC would have surely said something by now.

What loads of rubbish. Some reporter has made up this story. Betting maybe on in terms of runs scored in a session, no of wickets to fall etc, but dont think any international player will be involved in this. If IT has the proof let them come out with the details rather than doing selective leakages through the media and tarnihsing the game and the players.

i did have my doubts 1.gilly and gibbs scored just two runs in 2 overs and i haven't seen gilly playing like these even though pitch favored bowlers 2.two easy drop catches of hayden 3.lousy shot from nohit and the way he got out but it can't be fixed :dontknow:

i did have my doubts 1.gilly and gibbs scored just two runs in 2 overs and i haven't seen gilly playing like these even though pitch favored bowlers 2.two easy drop catches of hayden 3.lousy shot from nohit and the way he got out but it can't be fixed :dontknow:
They cant fix matches, particularly in IPL3 because they know that it is the hot news going on now, and if they do so they may get caught any time. BTW, NDTV is reporting 27 players have been accused of match fixing in IPL 2.

As a player, you could bet on the outcome and try to influence the result in some capacity. What's sad is that it's difficult to bet on yourself doing well, while it's so easy to play badly! Let's expand that to a group of players who want to make some 'easy' money (even though they make a lot in the IPL). Here they would bet against their team (which is as I said easier to do) and since now a group is involved, the outcome for their desored result is even more favorable Now if a bookie is involved (IPL matches attract heavy betting), he would get in touch with the group, offering them money and even betting on their behalf! I would like to believe that match-fixing isn't happening and all these are false rumors but to say that fixing cannot be done, along with assuming that everyone involved with the game is honest, is being delusional. If there was no match fixing then we wouldn't have had Cronje, Azhar, Salim Malik, etc

There are hazaar different markets available for betting. It's quite possible to fix individual performances. 'Match fixing' does not have to equate to the match result' date= which is pretty impossible to fix without the connivance of a lot of players.
Yes, and the name they have given to it is "spot fixing"

Seems like congress govt has decided to shut down the IPL and are willing to go to any extent. Again thanks to loud mouth modi who thought he can bring down Tharoor, now his baby is being destroyed before his own eyes.

CSK vs MI betting odds, source:betfair

Match Odds

Team	Back	Lay

CSK	2.12	2.18
MI	1.85	1.89

Ofc, you can bet on a variety of things from opening partnerships, century scored, number of sixes hit, etc.

They can also bet on Matthew Hayden. :dance: How many times will Matthew Hayden change his bat? :yay:

Seems like congress govt has decided to shut down the IPL and are willing to go to any extent. Again thanks to loud mouth modi who thought he can bring down Tharoor, now his baby is being destroyed before his own eyes.
Poorna Patel daughter of Praful Patel is also involved. She looks like a pahalwaan. :omg: This is one fecked up league. Cartier+Travel+Style+Concours+Day+3+jPIZ8taEX1tl.jpgPoorna%20Patel-Mahendra%20Singh%20Dhoni.jpg

They can also bet on Matthew Hayden. :dance: How many times will Matthew Hayden change his bat? :yay:
If you can develop a system that tracks accurately how many times a batsman changes his bat then why not! :P

IPL now is too big a brand to have a sudden death. Even without Modi, IPL will survive but for that BCCI needs to have a team of professionals rather than a particular individual running it! Shashank Manohar is a big :fail: and don't think BCCI will give him the sole power to run IPL like they did with Modi!