Mosque near ground zero

Clarke

The usual sequence of events; Right winger no.1: I saw a pig fly. Right-winger no.2 : *Quotes that post, posts a smiley and writes* ‘Good one right-winger no.1’ Right winger no.3 : ‘Absolutely, you couldn’t be more right’ All the right-wingers: ‘You see, all of us agree, pigs can fly’. :laugh: If some of you are losing faith in humanity, look no further than ICF to regain faith in it. The epitome of altruistic behavior that is chararacterized by the ‘You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours’ attitude is nowhere more evident than here. These guys love each other so much, you’d think they’d be exchanging b’day presents and Christmas cards in real life. :cantstop:

Of all the places they could have built this mosque in NYC, these boneheads could not have chosen a more culturally insensitive, provocative place. You can just picture this mosque being used by the lieks of Zaid Hamids as a rallying carry for jihadists and a propaganda mechanism to brainwash young impressionable youth

First of all, you actually read WW II stories? :woot: Pretty remarkable considering you spend so much time surveying the interwebs for celeb gossips and male grooming tips. :haha: Second of all, I don’t consider myself a Hindu. So, technically speaking, I cannot be a Hindu traitor if I am not even Hindu to begin with. Sure, I have a Hindu sounding name, but there’s nothing I can really do about it. I’d like to call myself a ‘passionate secularist’, or in your terms ‘Psec, Islam loving, liberal, left-wing communist’. :laugh: Thirdly, and most importantly, since you claim to be devout Hindu yourself, I need you to list three verifiable things that you have done, in the recent past, for the advancement of the Hindu religion. Go on, lets hear it from you, I am all ears. P.S;And just to make sure we’re both on the same plane, things like ‘Err, I pray three times a day’, or ‘I dance in Hindu festivals’ or ‘I bash Islam with unbelievable regularity’, DON’T count. :cantstop: P.P.S; And how are you SOOOO sure Lord Ram feels insulted? Have a direct, hotline with him?
Not that I give two sh!t about giving YOU an explanation....I have been actively involved with many non profit Indian/Hindu org here who have been directly making impact. I have also asked to donate my organs to someone from my community who's in need. So, I have done more than my share of doing something for my group. lol @fake desi comment...I care more about my community living thousands of miles away from mainland than many ppl do living in the motherland so stfu P.P.S; Ya I called up Lord Ram, he tweeted back saying you're an A hole

Not that I give two sh!t about giving YOU an explanation....I have been actively involved with many non profit Indian/Hindu org here who have been directly making impact. I have also asked to donate my organs to someone from my community who's in need. So, I have done more than my share of doing something for my group. lol @fake desi comment...I care more about my community living thousands of miles away from mainland than many ppl do living in the motherland so stfu P.P.S; Ya I called up Lord Ram, he tweeted back saying you're an A hole
Wow wow wow fakey, so much anger and rage? Why, had a bad day y’day? Calm down man, you nearly broke the keyboard there.. :haha: But you’re so hilarious though – First you say you don’t owe me an explanation, then you write an entire paragraph contradicting what you said only moments ago as to how you’re ‘actively involved in organizations that make a direct impact’ and also how you’ve ‘asked to donate my organs to someone from my community’ (whatever that means. I know you’re UNITED STATES of AMERICA citizen with an awesome accent and all, but your English could definitely do with some tweaking….:haha:). Btw, correct me if I am wrong, but what the heck is ‘someone from my community’ mean? Does that imply that you will donate your body parts ONLY to a person who’s the same community as yours, and not just any person who needs it? :omg: And the ‘care for your community living thousands of miles away from mainland’ includes, but not limited to mocking people for wearing cheap shoes, expressing manufactured outrage as to why the President didn’t wish the Indians on Diwali? :laugh: And I am soooooooo glad Lord Ram finally has a twitter account. I’ve been wanting to ask him for years about what he feels about some self-pompous jerks on planet Earth who misuse his good name. Finally, I’ll get my chance. :yay:

^ A bit OTT on the smileys me thinks!
My dear fellow comrade, there’s only a ban on religious discussions on the site (a ban which you have diligently enforcing right through the site off late, to my utter joy). No one has said you cannot use more than 4 smileys per post. I am mightily pleased to receive support in our crusade against all this religious mumbo-jumbo from the most unexpected of quarters. Keep persevering, we shall prevail one day! :two_thumbs_up:

Building a mosque near the 9/11 site is like building a monument commemorating Nazism near the Auschwitz massacre site. The intentions may well be harmless, but it will lead cause a lot of provocation and suspicion. These guys should drop their plans and take the mosque elsewhere

as an american muslim, i'll opine here since this is actually related to the topic of another mosque in rural Tennessee that has also gotten national presstime (Jon Stewart's Daily Show) simaltanesouly with this "ground zero" mosque. this is a Tennessee mosque i've actually been to on numerous occaisions, so i can actually comment personally. firstly, this story *proves* how the media - and not just Fox - loves to sensationalize things knowing that majority of people will never dig deeper than their own bigotry. the name they've given the mosque is "ground zero mosque" as if its being built on the ashes of the twin towers, when in fact its two blocks away. real estate is hard to come by in lower manhattan, and you build where-ever you can get. secondly, the complex is not just a mosque, but is supposed to have an entire complex with a gym, school, etc... now i understand that some people don't like muslims. given that every group of people has some haters out there, i don't expect muslims to be the one group of people loved by all. but if its "insensitive" to build a mosque in manhattan because some people are reminded of something else, why is OK to ask muslims to not be offended when someone draws a Muhammad cartoon? should the rest of us americans (and canadians too) not build anything anywhere in North America because it might "insult" the few descendents of the Native Americans who were genocided by our ancestors? if this were the case, human beings should be absolutely offended at any building in any place outside of east-central africa. thirdly...assuming its OK to oppose a mosque simply because it offends sensibilities, what about the mosques in Tennessee? now if someone has an issue with a mosque lowering property values, i can understand that. personally, if i owned property, i wouldnt want something going up lowering property values. but thats not what the Tennessee Lt Gov said...he was wondering whether islam is a "cult or a religion" as if there is a difference. of course islam is a cult, but unless there is a law in TN stating that cults cannot build things, the Lt Gov's musings are irrelevant.

firstly' date=' this story *proves* how the media - and not just Fox - loves to sensationalize things knowing that majority of people will never dig deeper than their own bigotry. the name they've given the mosque is "ground zero mosque" as if its being built on the ashes of the twin towers, when in fact its two blocks away. real estate is hard to come by in lower manhattan, and you build where-ever you can get.[/quote']That building was damaged in the 9/11 attacks perpetrated by your co-religionists. So technically, it is part of the destruction caused on that day.
secondly, the complex is not just a mosque, but is supposed to have an entire complex with a gym, school, etc...
So?
now i understand that some people don't like muslims. given that every group of people has some haters out there, i don't expect muslims to be the one group of people loved by all. but if its "insensitive" to build a mosque in manhattan because some people are reminded of something else, why is OK to ask muslims to not be offended when someone draws a Muhammad cartoon?
As usual you have got it all wrong. Muslims have EVERY RIGHT TO BE OFFENDED by the cartoons. Only, they DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE VIOLENT about it.
should the rest of us americans (and canadians too) not build anything anywhere in North America because it might "insult" the few descendents of the Native Americans who were genocided by our ancestors? if this were the case, human beings should be absolutely offended at any building in any place outside of east-central africa.
I havent seen any Native American say that they are insulted by construction of buildings. Now, the organization that is building the mosque is the Cordoba Foundation. It supposedly is funded from Malaysia (though they decline to reveal the funding source). Why are the Malaysians funding the mosque, why is it not being funded solely by American Muslims? Why is it called the Cordoba Foundation - after a place in Spain which the Arabs Muslim invaders first conquered? Also, a country like Malaysia which has much less religious freedom is funding this mosque in the name of freedom etc. The whole agenda seems to be to provoke the Americans. In any case, the non-Muslim Americans have every right to be offended by this mosque and protest against it.