Pakistan bans Facebook, Youtube, Wikipedia , Twitter

Sachinism

Ask any American/British/Canadian/Saudi/Somali or any other country's citizen who follows Islam and their opinion will almost always be that given a choice' date=' they would atleast ban the page if not the website. Since India has a vast number of followers of Islam, one can expect such demands. The difference here is, India does not go with extreme measures for minor issues like these.[/quote'] sorry but there is already a ban in india of that facebook page. Our government is again doing votebank politics .

sorry but there is already a ban in india of that facebook page. Our government is again doing votebank politics .
Its a ban on that particular page only. Extreme measure ~ blocking FB/utube/Wiki entirely. We have laws against hate speech in our constitution which would've forced the govt to block it. As a society, we're far away 4m ideas like liberty and equality, hence its not unexpected.

Its a ban on that particular page only. Extreme measure ~ blocking FB/utube/Wiki entirely. We have laws against hate speech in our constitution which would've forced the govt to block it. As a society, we're far away 4m ideas like liberty and equality, hence its not unexpected.
And label people as hindutvawadi if they protest against picture of nude God and Goddess.

And label people as hindutvawadi if they protest against picture of nude God and Goddess.
only if they destroy public/private property. i dont care who protests against what other than the traffic nuisance that is a part of life anyways.

Caste discrimination and Sati were social evils and we read about them in the same vein. However' date=' every book i have read on Khajuraoo has praised it as an excellent form of art and as an example of how liberal we were. No where does it state that depicitng Gods nude or in sexual form is insulting hinduism. Open thinking has always been the USP of hinduism but your kind of thinking is destroying the very essence of hinduism. Kama Sutra depicts sex between shiv and Parvathi. Other granths were also very expressive of sexuality (Mahabharata is very candid about Draupadi's visits to her 5 husbands and her preferences and dis-satisfaction.) With your kind of thinking, hinduism is just another form of islam with idols[/quote'] hmmm... wow...what an ignorant world I live in boss... While freedom of speach has always created these issues like drawing a picture....I just cant believe that when we believe in God how can we tollerate either. Insulting Prophet or a Goddess is one and the same thing. We should refrain from either.

hmmm... wow...what an ignorant world I live in boss... While freedom of speach has always created these issues like drawing a picture....I just cant believe that when we believe in God how can we tollerate either. Insulting Prophet or a Goddess is one and the same thing. We should refrain from either.
Maybe some religious people are not insecure enough about their faith and religion to count a mere mortals drawings as insulting. Maybe they believe that god is above all that and if everything is god's plan, then maybe drawing his prophet is also his plan.

So hows this "open thinking liberal version of Hinduism" working out in Kashmir .... which once upon a time was the abode of everything holy that there is in Hinduism ? The last time I asked this you ran away as expected. I expect the same to happen again.
:haha:

Maybe some religious people are not insecure enough about their faith and religion to count a mere mortals drawings as insulting. Maybe they believe that god is above all that and if everything is god's plan' date=' then maybe drawing his prophet is also his plan.[/quote'] What does feeling insulted have anything to do with being insecure? Someone abuses your family, you feel insulted. Doesn't mean you are insecure. Same with anything else like religion which is part of your life. Now my question to the non-believers is, what is the problem with leaving people alone with their religion and go on about your business without trying to just inflict pain on others?

you need to ask this to the Muslims first ... which you will never do.
Well I don't know that many of them mofos in person, but I did ask the same question of Mofo Hussain in that thread about him. This is not a Hindu/Muslim thing, it is more of a bash other religions thing.

What does feeling insulted have anything to do with being insecure? Someone abuses your family, you feel insulted. Doesn't mean you are insecure. Same with anything else like religion which is part of your life. Now my question to the non-believers is, what is the problem with leaving people alone with their religion and go on about your business without trying to just inflict pain on others?
Are you comparing abusing a public figure with your family? Lets put it into comparable terms. Let's say i was related to Sachin tendulkar and he was insulted in some website, the most i would be willing to do it try to reason with the person or make sarcastic joke or insult someone else he likes. I wouldn't get insulted personally nor would i threaten violence. What is the problem leaving them alone? We have left them alone. But it doesnt mean the we cant have a go at public figures. South park made fun of a lot of public figures and so do we (we mock paki players in ICF all the time). That is our birth right. Dont tell me you have never made fun of another person. To me, a religious figure is no more respectful than any other person. So why should i be more respectful? If it pains them, then it is not my fault. It pains me to see India lose, so should every team lose to India everytime to please me? The question is, why havent you, religious people, left us alone? Always putting limits on what we can do, always trying to convert us? I said insecure because "to count a mere mortals drawings as insulting. Maybe they believe that god is above all that and if everything is god's plan, then maybe drawing his prophet is also his plan. " Dont you think its a bit silly that the all powerful, all knowing god would be offended by a mere drawing?

Ask any American/British/Canadian/Saudi/Somali or any other country's citizen who follows Islam and their opinion will almost always be that given a choice' date=' they would atleast ban the page if not the website. Since India has a vast number of followers of Islam, one can expect such demands. The difference here is, India does not go with extreme measures for minor issues like these.[/quote'] India is NOT an ISLAMIC COUNTRY. Pakistan is !

So hows this "open thinking liberal version of Hinduism" working out in Kashmir .... which once upon a time was the abode of everything holy that there is in Hinduism ? The last time I asked this you ran away as expected. I expect the same to happen again.
WTF has Kashmir to do with anything? And when did you reply to me about this? :ohmy: What on earth are you on about? Also dont expect we to keep a lookout for your replies if you reply to a post after a few days

What does feeling insulted have anything to do with being insecure? Someone abuses your family, you feel insulted. Doesn't mean you are insecure. Same with anything else like religion which is part of your life. Now my question to the non-believers is, what is the problem with leaving people alone with their religion and go on about your business without trying to just inflict pain on others?
How on earth do you equate some idiot abusing on the internet with an actual abuse or insult? Will you stand it if anyone abuses your parents on your face. But now, honesltly tell me this, in your years on the internet, havent you ever been called all sorts of vile names related to your family on any website by some idiot. Have you tried to boycott that website or get it banned? No? why? The internet is a wide domain and any twelve year old with a modem can have access to it. The rules, regulation and manners on the internet are very different from that in real life. You can either spend all your life fighting twelve year olds (or adults with the brains of twelve year olds) on the internet and try to get everything banned or else click the small red button on the right hand corner of your webpage and just close the offensive page, never visiting it again