I'm lonely :cry:

Zooter

Congrats Sooda and hope you are among the lucky 10% who have a good married life!!!
Luck plays a small part (1%) in everything, yes, however the 10% probably know how to adjust to each other, and be able to fight fairly when there are arguments which will be there in any relationship - that will be the 99% with luck contributing the 1%

Luck plays a small part (1%) in everything' date=' yes, however the 10% probably know how to adjust to each other, and be able to fight fairly when there are arguments which will be there in any relationship - that will be the 99% with luck contributing the 1%[/quote'] Fair enough. :hatsoff:

Thanks again fellas! Yeah hope it all goes well. Doubt there will be much contact with her until I actually get married sadly, let alone one hour phone convos. I dont know her at all. I only spoken to her for like a half hour and think I like her based on that. Would like to know more but unlikely to happen. Oh and that 10% theory is a hell of a cynical one, surely untrue. Finelegs right, all married people talk about adjusting and compromise, therein seemingly lies the answer...

i met my hubby twice before getting engaged and then again on my wedding day! with gods grace we're happy!! so yeah it is about adjusting and compromising but it has to be a 2 way thing
imm asking why wud anyone wana put up with such crap?? i mean why wud anyone wanna live a life tht mainly runs on compromise n sacrifices??

imm asking why wud anyone wana put up with such crap?? i mean why wud anyone wanna live a life tht mainly runs on compromise n sacrifices??
if you find someone so compatible with you that you dont need to compromise, you will be a very rare and lucky person indeed. Most people will need to compromise, adjust, sacrifice to live with others in the family. if you choose to live alone(family-wise), thats a different matter altogether.

if you find someone so compatible with you that you dont need to compromise, you will be a very rare and lucky person indeed. Most people will need to compromise, adjust, sacrifice to live with others in the family. if you choose to live alone(family-wise), thats a different matter altogether.
how can u find some compatible in 1 r 2meets thru arranged marriage? :dontknow: so u end up living all ur life for someone compromising, adjusting and sacrificing.. :two_thumbs_up:

there are 2 things 1. marrying someone without knowing that person well and not being in love 2. Adjustment, its everywhere. At work , with parents , friends etc. No matter how much one is in love, you will realize that when 2 people live together they need to adjust (because they value each other not because they are forced). When your boss is having a rough day then u gotta deal with it, same way when your partner is upset u need to deal with it. Giving space , respect , saying sorry , trying to make your partner happy when she is not , cooking for him/her , caring for each other's family ... its all adjustment. Adjustment doesnt mean that u give up on your happiness, it means to do a little bit more to make your partner happy. :icflove:

...^AND hopefully you wont be in a relationship MAINLY based on adjustment and compromise- that would never work long term youre right Zubin. It may well be a part- possibly even a big part, hopefully both parties are easy going enough and similar in nature not needing to compromise too much All the good times you have with your partner - and hopefully there will be loads-will make the occaisional adjustments worthwhile The other thing about my rishta (and this might hold true for cricket girl) is alot of my opinion is based on what others- mainly my mum who knows their family has met my fiancee a few times- thinks about her and her family. And I trust her enough to have made the right decision by me. My meeting her was just for both of us confirm in our minds that its right.

it doesnt always end like that! i had both otions open to me coincidently the man i married was arranged but my parents didnt force me the most compromise i guess i have had to make is to put up with his snoring and a few irritating relatives apart from that i have all the freedom i want and i dont abuse it and it works both ways. i gotta say i'm one of the few that can say my hubby is by far my best friend!

there are 2 things 1. marrying someone without knowing that person well and not being in love 2. Adjustment, its everywhere. At work , with parents , friends etc. No matter how much one is in love, you will realize that when 2 people live together they need to adjust (because they value each other not because they are forced). When your boss is having a rough day then u gotta deal with it, same way when your partner is upset u need to deal with it. Giving space , respect , saying sorry , trying to make your partner happy when she is not , cooking for him/her , caring for each other's family ... its all adjustment. Adjustment doesnt mean that u give up on your happiness, it means to do a little bit more to make your partner happy. :icflove:
yea sure.. in any relationship there has to b some sort of understanding, adjustment, compromise.. i agree.. but wat i mean is .. jus marrying cuz my parents r telling me tht girl is a good girl.. and good for family cuz she has a good family background, her parents n siblings r well educated .. n then u realize tht shes not someone whom u wud want...but then u cant do antyhing.. so basically live a tasteless life....

Couldnt agree more :hatsoff:
:rose: "The richest man is a pauper at times compared to the man with a satisfied mind" - Johny Cash I'd give everything I call my own, my IPOD, my laptop, my T.V., everything, all my materialistic possesions for a satisfied mind, for that is what brings the most joy and happiness in my life.

:rose: "The richest man is a pauper at times compared to the man with a satisfied mind" - Johny Cash I'd give everything I call my own, my IPOD, my laptop, my T.V., everything, all my materialistic possesions for a satisfied mind, for that is what brings the most joy and happiness in my life.
then y is everyone after those earthly possessions?? :dontknow: ..