Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

Don't think we will get READYMADE players..They have to be tried' date=' tested and groomed..[/quote'] The trying, testing and grooming for Ganguly's position started 2 years back, still we cant find a steady replacement. These are once in a lifetime players, their importance are felt only once they have stopped playing or retired.

For a while till the India-England series in 2008, Dravid was having a prolonged run of mediocre (by his standards) scores. He scored a 100 in the dead-rubber final test, got a lot of handsome 50s in the NZ tour in 2009 and has not looked back since. And seeing highlights of watching him bat in this Windies tour so far, i just realized how much I missed his batting. It is so nice and refreshing to see Good 'ol Wall do his thing, in the manner only he can! :hatsoff:

For a while till the India-England series in 2008' date=' Dravid was having a prolonged run of mediocre (by his standards) scores. He scored a 100 in the [b']dead-rubber final test, got a lot of handsome 50s in the NZ tour in 2009 and has not looked back since.
Dead rubber? England could have still drawn the series.
He was expected to score in this series. He has scored runs against the likes of WI/NZ/Bang recently and then struggled against the better teams. The real test is in England and I hope that he does well.
I disagree . I wanted Dravid out , cos it dint look like he was going regain his touch , but hes been in sublime form thsi match . Even if it was WI this is one of the most difficult pitches we have played on recently . its much easier playing on some of flatter pitches in England. Very High quality innings this .
I disagree . I wanted Dravid out , cos it dint look like he was going regain his touch , but hes been in sublime form thsi match . Even if it was WI this is one of the most difficult pitches we have played on recently . its much easier playing on some of flatter pitches in England.Very High quality innings this .
You wanted Dravid out before a tough series in England? :blink: There is a massive difference in bowling standards. Sammy is the 3rd seamer. Enough said.
He was expected to score in this series. He has scored runs against the likes of WI/NZ/Bang recently and then struggled against the better teams. The real test is in England and I hope that he does well.
I know what you're saying and I agree with that line of argument generally, but we have to make an exception for this Test. The pitch is very difficult to bat on because of uneven bounce and India would have been struggling badly if Dravid hadn't ground his way for over 200 deliveries in this innings. This is a top performance and shouldn't be lumped with usual Bangla/WI/NZ bashing.