Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

Rohit is 5 or 6 imo. future line up is loaded with players who have had exposure. we will be ok possible future sehwag gambhir pujara/mukund sachin(will play till 45) kohli rohit raina
B-> if that doesnt happen, which will be the case, sehwag might come down the order as he has said earlier is something he wants to do. Mukund Gambhir Pujara Sehwag Rohit Raina not a bad lineup, not bad at all

With no Mcgrath. Australian bowlers are in for some real trouble time Down Under. I can't see them getting Dravid out before he score some 150s and 200s. That tour to Australia will definately be one of the best of Dravid. He will score around 400+ runs. Maybe 500-700 runs on that tour. THE WALL IS COMING IN FEW MONTHS - THE AUSSIES. BE READY FOR another summer pain and defeats.

With no Mcgrath. Australian bowlers are in for some real trouble time Down Under. I can't see them getting Dravid out before he score some 150s and 200s. That tour to Australia will definately be one of the best of Dravid. He will score around 400+ runs. Maybe 500-700 runs on that tour. THE WALL IS COMING IN FEW MONTHS - THE AUSSIES. BE READY FOR another summer pain and defeats.
Let's not tempt fate and jinx Dravid :antijinx:

I think the calls for retirement were valid as up until the WI tour he has had a really poor 3 years. But he's an invaluable player for us and hope this late resurgence lasts for sometime and he hangs his boots up on a high. He deserves that.

Problem with Aussies is that they dont care abt cricket anymore. There next generation is into many sports but cricket is a low priority game. A retirement here and there is not the problem.
Yoda:cantstop:
Happened exactly as predicted, gets bumped when he scores centuries, lies low while he wasn't performing. LOL! BTW, I have always been one of RD's biggest fans and consider him a better test player than yes SRT. But there is a time for everyone to go and in RD's case was BEFORE he started his decline. His legacy has taken a major beating in the past 2 years where he is no more considered one of the greats, doesn't get mentioned amongst the greatest test players of all time, all because he did not know when to go out. I am glad that he is still able to carry on, but there is no question that prolonging his career is making it look more ordinary than it would have been had he retired earlier.

Dravid strugles against left arm seamer...still remember his wide chases against Sosobe and ozzies have Johnson who will apply these tactics.....he has been struggling against left armers for a while now...England does not have any left armers. He usually try to chase wide deliveries. Left armers have been his downfall in recent times.

Happened exactly as predicted, gets bumped when he scores centuries, lies low while he wasn't performing. LOL! BTW, I have always been one of RD's biggest fans and consider him a better test player than yes SRT. But there is a time for everyone to go and in RD's case was BEFORE he started his decline. His legacy has taken a major beating in the past 2 years where he is no more considered one of the greats, doesn't get mentioned amongst the greatest test players of all time, all because he did not know when to go out. I am glad that he is still able to carry on, but there is no question that prolonging his career is making it look more ordinary than it would have been had he retired earlier.
Huh? If anything this England tour has proved,he is still our best batsman:hatsoff:
that might well be true. i have always thought about dravid and how he keeps up this 'clean' image of being a good guy and what not. its all a facade, IMO. i think he is really shady. every1 knows how he selfishly wanted the captaincy when chappell was made coach and now its clear that he obviously wants to play for as long as possible so he doesnt lose his bank of baroda endorsement deal...with the indian selection committee being from the same zone, he is gonna be getting plenty of chances even if he doesnt score. he is becoming like a cancer for the indian team, and dhoni needsa to become a surgeon and cut him out with a scalepl
yea i dont think the number of years and tons means anything, its all in the past dravid sux now, he cant score a run in any inning and he has only made his scores on dead pitches in games that finished drawn, like that first test against sri lanka 2009. ppl think he is gonna score runs for india in SA but i dont understand how a batsman that cant get runs against average to good teams will score against the best bowling attack in the world he is basically a cancer that is eating a big hole in the indian bating lineup. and now we have pujara, raina, vijay getting runs, we dont really need him and his boring innings at SR of 25 anymore at number 3. the only reason i can think of why he is still in the team is because he is good mates with guys like tendulkar, sehwag and others
Are you still watching Manny?:giggle: