Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

I am still losing' date=' need to hit 70. Want fat percentage to be as low as [b']15-18 with muscles, not skinny.
I have made one simple change. I work while standing. No more comfy desk chair for me. You have to be doing gym to achieve 15-18 %

I have made one simple change. I work while standing. No more comfy desk chair for me. You have to be doing gym to achieve 15-18 %
Yeah, I do gym, weight lifting that is why I gain muscles and cardio that is why I lost fat.

Yeah' date=' I do gym, weight lifting that is why I gain muscles and cardio that is why I lost fat.[/quote'] Gym is definitely best way forward. But for people like me, Who either dont want to go to gym or havent got time for gym, This work while standing helps a lot. I didnt had to do any change in my schedule at all. It was a bit of pain for first week. Legs hurt. But now its all right. Doing it over a year. Also I get issues relate to tennis elbow, cranking knees once i start some regime

^ From that image I think I am around 25%. If I loose 15 % of my weight I will have 6 packs :aha: Cant do it :sad:
That's where most of the guys are stuck, and progress beyond that requires taking your dedication to the next level. Eating habits take the centre-stage here, and I for one find that to be the hardest part. I personally don't bother about it now. 20% is fine. Delhi mein na beaches hai na kuch...wats the point of shedding some healthy fat just to see some abs in the mirror?

That's where most of the guys are stuck, and progress beyond that requires taking your dedication to the next level. Eating habits take the centre-stage here, and I for one find that to be the hardest part. I personally don't bother about it now. 20% is fine. Delhi mein na beaches hai na kuch...wats the point of shedding some healthy fat just to see some abs in the mirror?
Hardest part is diet not even the exercise.

Abs are overrated. Even if you are lean, you wont have abs automatically until you work hard on developing ab muscles which is a pain in the ass.

Abs are overrated. Even if you are lean' date=' [b']you wont have abs automatically until you work hard on developing ab muscles which is a pain in the ass.
That will be the case when you are trying to emulate professional athletes or models. I personally never found it too hard to have a nice set of abs. It's just the fat thing that hides it partially. But I do agree that abs are quite overrated. Maintaining them requires a lot of pointless sacrifices.

That will be the case when you are trying to emulate professional athletes or models. I personally never found it too hard to have a nice set of abs. It's just the fat thing that hides it partially. But I do agree that abs are quite overrated. Maintaining them requires a lot of pointless sacrifices.
Yes that is what happens and it takes a lot dietary discipline to make them visible.

Went from 0 pullups to 5 :dance:
:icflove: Now try doing close grip pull up. They are not only easier than your regular pull-ups but it's a great biscep exercise. Pull ups are primarily back/lat exercise but bicep is the secondary muscle group used in it. In a close grip pull-up, bisceps are used more than any other pull ups exercise but back is still the primary muscle group. So for ppl who don't go to gym, close grip pull is a great way of working on bisceps I always do close grip pull-ups at the end of my regular pull-ups :--D

:icflove: Now try doing close grip pull up. They are not only easier than your regular pull-ups but it's a great biscep exercise. Pull ups are primarily back/lat exercise but bicep is the secondary muscle group used in it. In a close grip pull-up, bisceps are used more than any other pull ups exercise but back is still the primary muscle group. So for ppl who don't go to gym, close grip pull is a great way of working on bisceps I always do close grip pull-ups at the end of my regular pull-ups :--D
:two_thumbs_up: Even Chinups also work on the biceps right? Edit: A doubt...Do you usually extend your arms fully while going down in a pullup? This guy scooby(on youtube) who is great BTW, says it's better stop just before the arms straighten out and that is an unnecessary motion..

:two_thumbs_up: Even Chinups also work on the biceps right? Edit: A doubt...Do you usually extend your arms fully while going down in a pullup? This guy scooby(on youtube) who is great BTW, says it's better stop just before the arms straighten out and that is an unnecessary motion..
I do the same. I never straighten the arm as that's basically the point where all the buildup gets released. Same with dumbells, I hardly ever go full motion.