Best Buys & Worst Buys

zubinpepsi

Yep, but i think he got a little more. somewhere around 500K would have been ideal Oh how can i forget Irfan Pathan for 1900K - absurd to be honest :hysterical:

Badri has been an integral part of our team pretty much starting every game and delivering more often that not. I wouldn't put him anywhere in the worst buy category. RS for 2 mil is expensive, but not a bad buy cause he is good in IPL. Sree is good being a local boy, so I think he is ok too.

If by best/worst buy you mean players for cheap/expensive price then hands down that it will be like this Worst : Jadeja (WTF like seriusly) and Chawla Best: Shakib and Morgan ---> the price should have been vise versa with what those 2 idiots got on the worst list

The worst decision goes to Punjab for not retaining Yuvi. They were clueless in the initial stages bidding for the same players that they could've retained. A lot of the fanbase is going to be further reduced with Yuvi not in the team. Zinta was almost crying and telling the cameras to move away after that. What's worse is they bid and paid a lot more to guys like Nayar/Chawla. Obviously they didnt see the tradeoffs they could've made. They can still do well but this will hurt the fanbase for sure.

The worst decision goes to Punjab for not retaining Yuvi. They were clueless in the initial stages bidding for the same players that they could've retained. A lot of the fanbase is going to be further reduced with Yuvi not in the team. Zinta was almost crying and telling the cameras to move away after that. What's worse is they bid and paid a lot more to guys like Nayar/Chawla. Obviously they didnt see the tradeoffs they could've made. They can still do well but this will hurt the fanbase for sure.
UV is better off at Pune to be honest. If there was a change in the Kings' ownership, he might have stayed.

Worst buy: SaTi was 1.6 mil. and ZK for 900k. BTW< Morgan didn't set the world on fire for :brc: last year. In fact, was a big letdown along with White. Worst decision: Not retainging either Uthappa or Dravid and have a huge following. Who will the Bengaluru crowd like so much in the team to throng to the stadium. Retaining Kohli and buying Sauti were bad. They re-bought ZK for 900k , and not buying either of the Kumars who did so well for them. Bowling is utter Shyte for :brc:. IPL4 team for brc sucks royally.

If they really wanted Yuvi, they should have retained him for 1.8 million, but then its by mutual consent. I think Yuvraj was not willing to remain with KXIP. So at the auctions, KXIP just acted like they tried their best to buy him back, and pushed it 1.5 million, knowing clearly he would go for plenty more. I am very surprised he went only for 1.8 million, when some mediocre ones like Nohit and Uthappa went for 2+

There must be stats that indian players performed better then foreign players. Only reason I can think of for such high fees for mediocre indians and low fees for seemingly class foreign players. Must be something from previous IPLs in terms of stats showing the above. Foreign players may be treating it as expensive holiday! Plus availabily issues of foreign players???

If they really wanted Yuvi, they should have retained him for 1.8 million, but then its by mutual consent. I think Yuvraj was not willing to remain with KXIP. So at the auctions, KXIP just acted like they tried their best to buy him back, and pushed it 1.5 million, knowing clearly he would go for plenty more. I am very surprised he went only for 1.8 million, when some mediocre ones like Nohit and Uthappa went for 2+
Possibly, Yuvi was hinting at the Ambanis and the Sahara group after last season. The excuse given by Zinta was that they had only four hours to retain the players after their court case.:giggile: Yeah, I am not sure what happened behind close doors so there could have been some problems with the management and Yuvi. I still maintain that KXIP has diluted its fanbase.
There must be stats that indian players performed better then foreign players. Only reason I can think of for such high fees for mediocre indians and low fees for seemingly class foreign players. Must be something from previous IPLs in terms of stats showing the above. Foreign players may be treating it as expensive holiday! Plus availabily issues of foreign players???
It's due to the limited Indian players in the auction - about only 50. And with only a few good international Indian players, some of the clubs got into bidding wars. Hence the high prices for the Indians. You need to play 7 Indians and 4 foreigners. If your Indian players are weak, then the team gets exposed.