IPL= increase foreign players in XI quota ?

hari504504

Hate seeing all the good foreign buys going unsold for mediocre Indians players getting earth shattering prices. This will affect the quality of the games itself :hitler: I think they should increase foreign players quota in XI from 4 to 6
not 6 but 5, that way you would still have a majority of indian players, but 4 is too less.

I agree, 4 is too less, OTH our fringe players get a chance cause of the 7 Indian player slots, so not sure. To make it truly global, there should be no limit ideally.
I agree- quotas should be removed ideally. If you are good enough , you make it to the team - doesn't matter what passport you have. Only then will the cash be fairly spread according to talent.

It is ultimately an Indian league and not an international league. ICC does not recognize it. So, I would not agree removing all limits. At most I would add one more slot and make it 5 but Indian players need to get monetary advantage in an Indian league. They day ICC recognizes it and removes any FTP during IPL schedule then it might be acceptable to remove the criteria or increase the number to a lot more but it does not make sense right now. NOTE: On a side note Indian domestic players will at least try to appear in national colors so that they can get into the elite super rich auctions and get upto millions. That itself would be a motivation for performing well in the domestic level and making it to the international team.

Enough is never enough. No need to increase the number of overseas players. This is a domestic competition and personally the only reason I'm watching IPL is to see how good our upcoming young players perform under high pressure situations.

Gambhir is a better player then Dilshan and alol.. allrite?? I said it.. He was our best player in the 2020 world ucp which we won.. He scored well for Delhi too often. He is one of best odi bats. You don't have to go bang bang.. Infact most of the Indian players, Even Sachin(goes without saying) are best 2020 players around.

Gambhir is a better player then Dilshan and alol.. allrite?? I said it.. He was our best player in the 2020 world ucp which we won.. He scored well for Delhi too often. He is one of best odi bats. You don't have to go bang bang.. Infact most of the Indian players, Even Sachin(goes without saying) are best 2020 players around.
Its really subjective. Sachin had a poor first 2 IPL tournament with the same approach. He only improved in the last one.

It is ultimately an Indian league and not an international league. ICC does not recognize it. So' date=' I would not agree removing all limits. At most I would add one more slot and make it 5 but Indian players need to get monetary advantage in an Indian league. [b']They day ICC recognizes it and removes any FTP during IPL schedule then it might be acceptable to remove the criteria or increase the number to a lot more but it does not make sense right now. NOTE: On a side note Indian domestic players will at least try to appear in national colors so that they can get into the elite super rich auctions and get upto millions. That itself would be a motivation for performing well in the domestic level and making it to the international team.
I would think the other way.. as long as IPL is construed as predominantly "Indian"- ICC will never bend FTP around it... but by including a lot more big international names into the tournament and players start pressuring their boards, it would just be a matter of time ! A tournament with no Gayle,Roach etc is quite pale.. Just imagine- would the English Premier League be the same if the FA enforced FIFA's 6+5 rule ?

5 is necessary.. With 4 and the number of teams increased to 10, every team has to field a couple of below par and non-competitive local players which will make the match boring and will effect the success of IPL..4 intl players with 8 team, last year, was just o.k. only just.

Why would you guys want to take something that is very good for Indian cricket and turn it into something else. It's not the BCCI's job to do that. That's what the ICC is for. Frankly, i am happy that people like Umesh Yadev, Badrinath, Balaji, Gony, Unadkat and dozens more, who might never get a prolonged career with India, get the big bucks. They can make a career out of it. If we keep increasing the quota, it will only result in franchises spending money in other countries domestic players. We already have 38 aussies, do we need more? I dont understand why you want to accommodate foreigners when they didnt accommodate us. Did anyone question the counties quota in the 90s? A lot of our players could have used the experience and money. Did the foreign cricket boards support IPL straightaway and give us a proper schedule? No, it was the players who insisted that. What we should have done is have more games (home and away against all teams) but put a limit on the number of games a player can play. This would get more players in the playing 11 and see how it goes. If the quality is really low, then i think we can get more foreign players but from what i saw last year, some teams had no passenger in the side that they couldnt avoid picking.

^^ Exactly, its too early (if at all) to consider increasing the number of foreign players per team. Let some domestics get some limelight and make a few bucks. Its not like the people watch our Ranji/Duleep/Deodhar games with great interest and support their teams earnestly.