Why Sachin will finally win the WC!!

zen

There surely seems to be some truth attached to it. Legend has it that Vengsarkar was food poisoned on account of eating fish fry at a local eatery on the eve of the match and gotten ill to play the SF a severe dent to the morale of team him being the top bat of the side at the time. All that reasoning behind the mysterious illness sounded a little fishy to me ever since. Oh well. Kapil out and Vengsarkar in as captain after that WC exit.
At that point of time we used to have fierce rivalry between North Zone (primarily Delhi) and West Zone (Primarily Mumbai) teams and I believe that has encouraged people to come up with these rumors or conspiracy theories. I may agree on DBV being less than very enthusiastic in that WC, but hard to believe that all three of them had worked as a team. Particularly it was last series/tournament for SMG and so I don't think he would have taken any of this. In match previous to that SF, he had shown superb form and had scored his maiden ODI century. And IIRC RSJ was anyway out of form that time and more or less struggling for his position in team.
Let's look at the pattern as to how India with Tendulkar have done at the WC: 1992 ----> Out 1996 ----> Semis 1999 ----> Out 2003 ----> Final 2007 ----> Out 2011 ----> BINGO! B->
RETT is the greatest predictor, he predicted the arrival of Bingo :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

More reasons as to why Ind would beat SL to lift 2011 WC: 1. 100% record against sub-con teams in this WC ----> Beat BD and Pak 2. 100% record against Grp A teams in this WC ----> Beat Aus and Pak 3. - Bowling + Batting delivered against Aus - Bowling and fielding (compartively) delivered against Pak - Batting and fielding to deliver against SL :yay:

Talking about trends and possible patterns, one thing that Ind has to guard against is: In the two previous WCs in the subcon, this is how Ind did: 1987 ----> KO in semis 1996 ----> KO in semis If I am not wrong, in both those semis Ind managed to mess things for itself. This time a semi place seems likely but we need to pull our top game this time around. May be it could turn out to be a case of being 3rd time lucky! :--D One possible way to buck the trend of messing in the semis of WC in subcon is to may be play Pak in the semis and hope that we beat them like usual at the WCs. This would not only maintain our tradition of beating Pak in the worldcups but also may it the case of being 3rd time lucky!! :yay:
:aha:
rett :hail::hail:::hail::hail::hail: (BossBhai come join us :wink:) ps: unnecessary bump..why not wait for couple more days :headshake:
I want Indian cricket fans to be positive before the final. I want folks to watch the game as if we are going to score 400 runs or bowl out SL for 200. Because when you are positive half the job is done. Positiveness sends good vibes around, which further breeds confidence, which translates into doing well under pressure and pulling out a win The time for who should play in the 11, what the bowling combination should be, etc is gone. We are at a stage where we have to believe that no matter what team India will pull it through. To achieve something, you have to believe in yourself. And as fans, if we want our team to win the world cup, we have to believe that our team can do it When you are following a sport, you are also following it to live the moments outs. You would want to enjoy every step your team takes and believe that it has in it to be the last team standing That's what my goal is, along with enjoying the journey. Yes, I believe that team Ind will win WC 2011 :grin: