Are urban Indians becoming excessively stupid?

Mariyam

I wonder how many people watched jazz play heat on the super bowl day yesterday. The stats woiuld definately show the people would have skipped this game and watched the footy instead.
NBA games were scheduled 3 hrs before Superwbowl started :finger: That doesnt prove anything, why does NBA have a 82 games season compared to 16 game season for NFL? NBA has a much more worldwide appeal and attraction then NFL. They are even playing couple regular season games in London as part of the global expansion of NBA.

That doesnt prove anything, why does NBA have a 82 games season compared to 16 game season for NFL?
Man that's very naive. The effort involved in playing bball vs american football. These guys need a week to recover from all the hitting and banging, yes helmets and pads notwithstanding. They play 162 games of baseball, are you going to call it 2x as popular as basketball? :hehe:

Man that's very naive. The effort involved in playing bball vs american football. These guys need a week to recover from all the hitting and banging, yes helmets and pads notwithstanding. They play 162 games of baseball, are you going to call it 2x as popular as basketball? :hehe:
Obviously not, but you really think 82 games is for nothing? They can have a 41 game season and then playoffs and nobody would complain, only reason they have 82 games is because of the tv revenue. All im trying to say is that, NBA has much more global appeal then NFL does regardless of how millions of dollars of money they spend on ads due to the ratings and the general tradition of the superbowl.

Obviously not' date=' but you really think 82 games is for nothing? They can have a 41 game season and then playoffs and nobody would complain, only reason they have 82 games is because of the tv revenue. All im trying to say is that, NBA has much more global appeal then NFL does regardless of how millions of dollars of money they spend on ads due to the ratings and the general tradition of the superbowl.[/quote'] Ofc NBA has a more global appeal cause basketball is played world over and is pretty much common format, except for a few changes like shot clock, 3 pt line, etc. American football is mainly american, I think they play similar sport in Canada, otherwise it is limited to the US. It is going to be a hard sell, but I don't they need to, given the popularity of the sport right here in the US. That does mean it is cr@p, it is different.

wrong.no forward pass makes it the complete opposite of a skill game.I enjoy watching some rugby but it does not compare to football at all.
So true. lateral Passes and punting by all and sundry in Rugby makes it uninteresting. So, there are no QBs long passes and wide receivers in Rugby. There are too many special teams in NFL (my only gripe), but the offense and defence game is a tactical play that is unparalleled in any contact sport. All other games look sissy. The adrenaline they put in unparalleled in any other contact sport. There is skill involved by QBs in the game, plus they have to survive blitzes from 300 pounder defensive line..

whatever man. its a fad for u, nothing else. u dont know what passion is either, dont pass this off as one. u dont suddenly lose interest in something you are 'passionate' about.
If fads are supposed to last for more than 7-8 years then maybe its a fad - I've been a fan of ManUtd for the last 7-8 years - for you that might be a fad. Where have I said that I've lost interest in something I'm passionate about?? I've only said that some of my friends have, over the past few years, lost interest in things like cricket and music etc but their interest in football has only been increasing.

I find the entire concept of stalking and trying to pull people of other clubs down with a kind of superiority complex while guzzling down bottles of beer highly ignorant and downright stupid. It shows lack of confidence in one's likes and constantly soliciting someone's approval to feel good. I'm sure we'd all have a friend being "on top of the world" when Man U won the CL a few years back and describing it as "one of the greatest moments of his life". These guys would also tend to go underground when their teams play trash and then act "heartbroken", swearing at opposition players, referees, crowd and what not to satiate their egos. Someone tell these guys that its a "game" for chrissake. If they invest even 10% of this fake bravado in their education or work, they would be miles ahead of their competitors.

I find the entire concept of stalking and trying to pull people of other clubs down with a kind of superiority complex while guzzling down bottles of beer highly ignorant and downright stupid. It shows lack of confidence in one's likes and constantly soliciting someone's approval to feel good. I'm sure we'd all have a friend being "on top of the world" when Man U won the CL a few years back and describing it as "one of the greatest moments of his life". These guys would also tend to go underground when their teams play trash and then act "heartbroken", swearing at opposition players, referees, crowd and what not to satiate their egos. Someone tell these guys that its a "game" for chrissake. If they invest even 10% of this fake bravado in their education or work, they would be miles ahead of their competitors.
does this not happen in cricket or in any other sport :hmmm: