Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Too much is being read into the statements by MSD. He is handling the pacers fine and isn't hyping them up too much to put un-necessary pressure on them. But we will hang him for even stating the obvious, which is that our pacers need to do well if we have to win consistently away from home. Its not an indictment of anyone, its just summing up the overall series.
our pacers mostly do well overseas...
He was poor in SA' date=' was struggling with action, but put whole-hearted effort in England, had taken 22 wickets in WI before that. He was brilliant in CB series in Australia.[/quote'] Well ,his away test record is pretty poor against good batting line up Australia- 60 England-58 South Africa-48 Sri Lanka- 50
Well ,his away test record is pretty poor against good batting line up Australia- 60 England-58 South Africa-48 Sri Lanka- 50
He will do all his records better in coming tours, especially in Aus, SA, and England. With regards to SL, SL pitches are mostly flat whenever we tour there.

I was one of the biggest supporter of sreesanth, but he never seems to realaise that people would love him only if he performs on the field rather than dance stages. He wants to show off, he wants to enjoy, everything is ok if he backs it with perfomance on the field. I dont know when he is gonna realaise this.

Aaron has the best average in this series among pacers --- 10. VK -- 30 Umeash -- 38 Praveen Kumar -- 52 Seems that Praveen is keeping up his bad performance in India where conventional swing is not consistently possible. Hope selectors and captain are noticing this and play him only in places where swing is available.

Instead of giving him the time off after he bowled hundreds and hundreds of overs in WI and England, they keep playing him. The dumbasses should have just rested him and played with Aaron. Dhoni can play as many matches as he wants, but at least give PK some rest.

Aaron has the best average in this series among pacers --- 10. VK -- 30 Umeash -- 38 Praveen Kumar -- 52 Seems that Praveen is keeping up his bad performance in India where conventional swing is not consistently possible. Hope selectors and captain are noticing this and play him only in places where swing is available.
The thing is PK bowls in power play as well that is why he goes for runs too. Yadav and Aaron both will be test and judged when they start bowling with the new ball. Right now, Dhoni hostly bowled them in non-power play overs and on Indian flatbeds, any bowler can go for runs.
The thing is PK bowls in power play as well that is why he goes for runs too. Yadav and Aaron both will be test and judged when they start bowling with the new ball. Right now' date=' Dhoni hostly bowled them in non-power play overs and on Indian flatbeds, any bowler can go for runs.[/quote'] Both Umesh and Aaron bowled more than PK in the death overs when you get tonked the most. Also, if we forget about comparisons, an average of 52 with 4 wickets from 5 matches is not really an impressive performance in absolute terms. We can't read too much into a single series performance but I am saying that his trend of ordinary performance in India continues.
Both Umesh and Aaron bowled more than PK in the death overs when you get tonked the most. Also' date=' if we forget about comparisons, an average of 52 with 4 wickets from 5 matches is not really an impressive performance in absolute terms. We can't read too much into a single series performance but I am saying that his trend of ordinary performance in India continues.[/quote'] It happens to most fast bowler whether Indian or others.

As this one seems to be the most active pace thread, I am mentioning the following here only --- In the current Pak vs Sri Lanka test match Umar Gul is bowling around 126 k to 137 k, much lesser than his peak. Welegedara is bowling between 122 k and 129 k, I have seen him clock in the high 130 s consistently. Dhamika Prasad and Lakmal also bowling below their potential, often around the 130 k mark. So it is not Indians only who reduce pace.