The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

Can you give me some of what you are smoking? West indies beating India will be a huge upset and it won't happen' date=' not unless the West indies team from the 70's come to play.[/quote'] Lets just wait and see mait..no one thought ENG would even come close to beat IND in IND.. If you think India are as good as you think they are, they would have beaten the living **** out of teams like IRE n NED. they are sort of dipping in form.. (players will have other things to worry, i mean aftr they get beaten by WI and fans put their houses and stuff on fire..:hysterical: lol.. jk) on the paper they have all the big names, but the reality is names wont get u a WC its the performance that matters. If WI beat ENG, i dont think IND would have any chance of beating WI..

I just spoke with folks in Madras. Its blazing hot conditions there. Its just March but folks were saying it was too hot to step out on the streets. Pitch will really bake. It will probably crack in the 2nd Inn. They must go in with the right set of bowlers. And be careful when Benn bowls. (MSD will lose the toss - given history, so India needs to bat well when batting 2nd). I really wish QF, SF were played in Madras - in these hot conditions, the Aus and SA will suffer Instead Mohali will be more suitable for these teams.

Lets just wait and see mait..no one thought ENG would even come close to beat IND in IND.. If you think India are as good as you think they are, they would have beaten the living **** out of teams like IRE n NED. they are sort of dipping in form.. (players will have other things to worry, i mean aftr they get beaten by WI and fans put their houses and stuff on fire..:hysterical: lol.. jk) on the paper they have all the big names, but the reality is names wont get u a WC its the performance that matters. If WI beat ENG, i dont think IND would have any chance of beating WI..
FYI: Teams that engage in minnow bashing reveal massive weaknesses in their temperament. They more often than not falter against equal or better teams. Teams that play equably and in a more balanced fashion are in the end more dependable. (Look at Aus match against Kenya.) Indian fans are more mature than many of the others in the sub-continent. We do not feel excessively pleased when our team whips a minnow. We've been there, we've done that. We're over it.
If not for anything Dhoni should win it handsomely to prove that Sammy is a joker of a captain :cantstop: . If he loses to Sammy there is nothing more insulting than that.
I never understood why Sammy became the WI captain either. I hadn't even heard of him till that announcement was out- thought Dwayne Bravo would step in after Gayle.
That was B'lore Compared to Munaf and Nehra he is like a saviour. I can assure you that he will perform much better than 1/65 or 2/70 sort of figures our so called "fast bowlers" are returning right now.
Maybe, but team effort will win the world cup..3 knock out games wont be won by an individual or just by batting. A team can win a bilateral series by 2-1 or 3-2 when batting clicks in 3 of 5 matches but to win a big tournament you need all the departments equally strong. It is not possible that batting will click in every match. There will be a time when bowlers will need to come to party, but this bowling attack does not give much confidence. Everything depends on batting. This was the biggest reason we collapsed from 267/1. Batsmen wanted to give as big a score they could for the bowlers to defend and in that process they played too many risky shots and panic started. Otherwise, we could have certainly set 325 if they could have played even run a ball, but we had seen how the score of 328 against Ireland and a score of 338 had proved insufficient, so they wanted more than 350 and its not always possible, does not matter, how strong team's batting is.
I don't think Pathan will be in the team. I think Raina will come in place of Pathan.
I don't know why people want Pathan out of the squad based on the last match. Even though he got out prematurely against Holland, he did manage to clear the boundary in the little time he spent at the crease. It's not his fault Dhoni pushed him out prematurely and made him take on a role he is not familiar with. That's also precisely why Virat Kohli also didn't do well when he was pushed lower down the order, but no one seems to be having an issue with Kohli. I don't care for Ravi Shastri but he made some very good points on Times Now yesterday. He suggested including Raina and Ashwin in the squad, with the former replacing Virat, not Pathan. The thing with Yusuf is that he's a gamble, but whenever he's been sent out in dire situations, he's mostly always done well for our team. He said Raina should come in place of Kohli because Raina is a guy who's comfortable batting in any position as compared to Virat... and I agree with him. His position can be tinkered around with a bit unlike Kohli's, but in imo Pathan needs to remain in our team. He's been a proven match winner on his day.
I just spoke with folks in Madras. Its blazing hot conditions there. Its just March but folks were saying it was too hot to step out on the streets. Pitch will really bake. It will probably crack in the 2nd Inn. They must go in with the right set of bowlers. And be careful when Benn bowls. (MSD will lose the toss - given history, so India needs to bat well when batting 2nd). I really wish QF, SF were played in Madras - in these hot conditions, the Aus and SA will suffer Instead Mohali will be more suitable for these teams.
Atleast we have Ahmedabad and Mumbai which are as hot if not hotter than Chennai
FYI: Teams that engage in minnow bashing reveal massive weaknesses in their temperament. They more often than not falter against equal or better teams. Teams that play equably and in a more balanced fashion are in the end more dependable. (Look at Aus match against Kenya.) Indian fans are more mature than many of the others in the sub-continent. We do not feel excessively pleased when our team whips a minnow. We've been there, we've done that. We're over it.
lol.. so u mean getting tight games against minows is actually god thing and they intentionally play equally? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: mate, players love minow bashing.. they enjoy breaking some recrds once in a while. they'll take every opportunity to do so specially in a WC tournament. and wht good would it do to team's confidence? are you sure about ur fans? how many times have we come across of effegi burning, stoning players houses, interruptions when indians were loosing DURING the game? should we even go there?
lol.. so u mean getting tight games against minows is actually god thing and they intentionally play equally? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: mate, players love minow bashing.. they enjoy breaking some recrds once in a while. they'll take every opportunity to do so specially in a WC tournament.
This doesn't surprise me coming from a SL fan - who else in the whole world than a SL fan would love minnow bashing. All their players, except for a couple like Aravinda and Sanga, have made a career out of bashing minnows and got their stats inflated. No problem dude, go enjoy the minnow bashing FTBs Samaraweeras, Mahelas, Tharangas, Dilshan, etc. and leave us alone.

India skip academic net session More... India skip academic net session Wed Mar 16 2011, 00:14 hrs G.S. Vivek Peeking from behind the buttress roots of the grand banyan tree at the IIT Adyar campus, a little spotted deer and its mother looked quizzically at the surrounding buzz and activity. Those who attended the ongoing lectures inside the IIT campus left early, while the absentees had already formed a massive circle around the college playground. They watched professional groundsmen hurriedly prepare four practice pitches for nets, while two buses full of khaki-clad policemen took their positions around the students. Everything was in place for the Indian cricket team’s practice session in the cusp of their college-going supporters, until the team management decided to call it off last minute. Apart from being a terrible waste of time and public resources, the IITians walked back into their classrooms with disappointment, because of a few late arrivals in India’s Chennai camp. Coach Gary Kirsten had just arrived late this afternoon from Mumbai, while four other players — Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Yuvraj Singh — were to arrive only on Wednesday morning. While Mahendra Singh Dhoni has often insisted —that one or two practice sessions will not make the team any better, — Team India could have done without missing this session, especially since they lost their last game against the South Africans. Many of the Indian players, such as Gautam Gambhir, needed that extra time in the nets to find their strokes and their confidence, while the likes of Yusuf Pathan would’ve used that session in image re-building. The bowlers, in fact, have more work to do. Ashish Nehra and Munaf Patel have to work on their death bowling and come up with new tactics, while Ashwin, Sreesanth and Piyush Chawla need to regain the skipper’s confidence. There’s work aplenty, but Team India, on Tuesday, had different ideas.

Well beating us would be Unexpected. But WI are no pushovers, they have a Young Side, Players like Pollard, Bravo etc are Talented enough to surprise any team on their day. If they manage to bat first and score 270 against us on a Chennai Pitch, we may be under trouble. They almost did that against SA (That is to put up a good score). So we need to shrug off 'Chalta Hai' Attitude and give our 100%.

What are these players thinking? Even if they wanted to miss this session could they not inform those concerned before... They are just taking everything for granted... And the BCCI does not even pay anything to these poor police Guys... Okay does the Government of India get any profit due to these matches or is it just the players and ICC and BCCI?