The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

Nehra has godfathers in the Indian cricket board as well as the team management. He should have been long gone, but somehow keeps staying in the team despite his atrocious performances. Nobody seems to think about giving another chance to Agarkar who was our best bowler in the final overs. Reverse swing, yorkers et al. Nehra is just a piece of crap!

Nehra has godfathers in the Indian cricket board as well as the team management. He should have been long gone, but somehow keeps staying in the team despite his atrocious performances. Nobody seems to think about giving another chance to Agarkar who was our best bowler in the final overs. Reverse swing, yorkers et al. Nehra is just a piece of crap!
Yeah, its these Godfathers of Nehra that have gone on the field and picked up all the wickets to make Nehra India's highest wicket taker in ODIs in the last 2 years, have'nt they :giggle:
Yeah' date=' its these Godfathers of Nehra that have gone on the field and picked up all the wickets to make Nehra India's highest wicket taker in ODIs in the last 2 years, have'nt they :giggle:[/quote'] He's been the highest wicket-taker simply because he's played the most games! He's also doled out plenty of runs and his economy rate is just below Sreesanth's. He's well past his "use by" date and needs to be disposed off.
I've said this many. many times - I don't hold a negative opinion of Sreesanth just because of that one game. Any bowler can have a bad day, its no big deal. But with Sreesanth we've seen this problem since his debut and if he has'nt been able to make any improvements in his temperament in such a long time then IMHO he does'nt deserve to play for India. Even the best of bowlers go for runs in a few matches but they tend to come back and bowl well either in their next spell in the same match or at least in the next match. With Sreesanth you can be almost sure that he will go for runs whether he takes wickets or not. If you think I over exaggerate about Sreesath then see the following link: Link Sreesanth has the HIGHEST ECONOMY RATE among all bowlers who have taken 50 or more wickets in the history of ODI cricket - FOR ALL COUNTRIES. Now you can try and justify it all you like but I'm sorry to say that there must be something wrong with a bowler to have such stats.
I thought it was understood that if you pick Sree it is more for his ability to pick wkts up. Bowlers like him will have a high ER. There is no point in further discussion.
He's been the highest wicket-taker simply because he's played the most games! He's also doled out plenty of runs and his economy rate is just below Sreesanth's. He's well past his "use by" date and needs to be disposed off.
Here's a list of the top wicket takers in the World in the last 2 years: Link Most of the top 5-6 bowlers have played around 40-45 matches and have picked up 65-70 wickets. Nehra has the same figures, so how has he played more games :dontknow:
More than the result' date=' I am wondering how many 6s will the WI hit, esp. against our spinners :P[/quote'] I don't care as long as India wins. WI hit around 10 or so 6s against Eng and look where it got them. In fact I prefer that they go against our spinners as that will give our bowlers more chances for getting the wickets.
Here's a list of the top wicket takers in the World in the last 2 years: Link Most of the top 5-6 bowlers have played around 40-45 matches and have picked up 65-70 wickets. Nehra has the same figures, so how has he played more games :dontknow:
If you watched all his games you could not say so,He has only done well in srilanka bowling at night ,Also most wikcets are of lower roder batsman trying to slog him,he is useless as bowler hopeless as fielder and batting what can i say.
Yeah' date=' its these Godfathers of Nehra that have gone on the field and picked up all the wickets to make Nehra India's highest wicket taker in ODIs in the last 2 years, have'nt they :giggle:[/quote'] In India economy-6.5 average-41 dont foget his fielding

Hmmmm.... this is more difficult than I expected... even Bingo :adore: seems uncertain about this particular match.... sometimes he favors WI and sometimes India (today India more often ! ). I'm afraid I can only give a firm answer only on Saturday evening, a day before the Match ! I feel his uncertainty is related to the uncertainty about the composition of the first XI ; victory or defeat for India is in India's own hands, depending on whether the correct XI is chosen or not !

If you watched all his games you could not say so' date='He has only done well in srilanka bowling at night ,Also most wikcets are of lower roder batsman trying to slog him,he is useless as bowler hopeless as fielder and batting what can i say.[/quote'] however good or bad Nehra is, he's better than Sreesanth. Both go for runs but usually Sree goes for more runs than Nehra and Nehra has picked up more wickets than Sree and on top of all that is Sreesanth's attitude and temperament, so I'd have Nehra over him.

India will win..Indian strategists should do well to watch the video of last WI Vs Eng match.. WI has some great hitters up their ranks and bowling should be good lenght or full to them They'll hit out the short balls. I've not seen much use of slower balls by Indian bowlers. Zak bowls them. But against WI hitters and on a pitch like Chennai, mixing deliveries is the way forward.. So lot's of planning, practice, Discipline and execution is required..