Is pre-marital sex ok or not?

fineleg

Lol, not at all. I am not trying to say that at all. I just got a bit riled up because of some posters making it sound as if pre-marital sex is a bad thing. I am just saying if you don't want to do it fine but don't cast aspersions on those who do as if they are in some way inferior. In any case MTC has made a lot of good points to counter some of the rubbish.
Yep, maybe I got carried away in the last couple of posts but my two cents are 1) How can someone with no experience (either of pre-martial sex or marriage) judge women? Statement about virginal women being more faithful is based on what exactly? 2) I can understand abstaining from smoking or drinking. But what harm does sex cause that people think its a good idea to stay away or as bharathh so eloquently puts it,"keep it in the pants"? Also bharathh, just want to share some personal experience. Currently I am happily married to the woman I love more than anything in the world but i have had few experiences before marriage. And let me tell you, it was some of the most wonderful days of my life. You will never know a person that way without being physically intimate. Even if it starts with casual flirting or even with lust, with the right woman, a whole new dimension, something you never dreamt of existed, opens up. And then you really know what a woman is all about. Some things in life should always be enjoyed and you will never get again in your life. My college friends were one of them. I have never been able to make friends like that again. And then there were these wonderful, wonderful women. Each one was only a woman when I met but each one was a wonderful individual once I got to know them. And even the plainest of woman can be so beautiful when she open her heart out to you. You woke up next to one in the morning and just watch her sleep. You will never think of her in the same way again. i know I am a hopeless romantic, sigh :icflove:

Yep, maybe I got carried away in the last couple of posts but my two cents are 1) How can someone with no experience (either of pre-martial sex or marriage) judge women? Statement about virginal women being more faithful is based on what exactly?
How does anyone have anything to say about anything? People can have opinions about anything they want to. We all have opinions about cricket and other topics without perhaps having first hand experience. How do you know drugs like cocaine are bad for you? Can you not believe what others have to say about it? Do you have to experience everything first hand to have an opinion? About the virginal women being more likely to be faithful - it is my feeling based on the women in my family and extended family. How does one prove such a thing? Can anyone disprove this?
2) I can understand abstaining from smoking or drinking. But what harm does sex cause that people think its a good idea to stay away or as bharathh so eloquently puts it,"keep it in the pants"?
Not everyone is as mature as you and your partner MTC. I am very happy to know that things have worked out really well (touchwood). However I know of plenty of people that are constantly comparing their current gfs and wives to whoever they had before and are miserable. They are constantly looking out for a better "deal". Do you have to have sex to really know a person - to get close to them? Can this not wait until you know for a fact that the person you are with is who you want to spend the rest of your life with?

Are you claiming that YOU had non-zero number of opportunities to get laid, but chose not to because you wanted to remain virgin till marriage ? I have never met a guy in my life like that. For 99.9% of great Indian men (like shubham chuutiya and vaibhav louda), virginity is not dignity, it is lack of opportunity.
And a large percentage is G@ndu ki aulad like yourself who can only abuse and pass incorrect judgements on people online.

lolz at where the thread is headed... basically 1. people against PMS - losers who didnt get opportunities for banging 2. people for PMS - tharkis and rapists :hysterical:
++ , why should I mention that I havent had sex but had oral sex with my GF on a website where I may post my facebook link in future and make a few friends? Some people just have to be a pr!ck to be asking continuously i guess. btw imo, PMS is fine, even with a person you are not gonna marry with...

Are you claiming that YOU had non-zero number of opportunities to get laid' date= but chose not to because you wanted to remain virgin till marriage ? I have never met a guy in my life like that. For 99.9% of great Indian men (like shubham chuutiya and vaibhav louda), virginity is not dignity, it is lack of opportunity.
Bolded part is absolutely right, but unbolded abuses are not necessary sir ji

Either ways it is a better idea to keep your past hidden from your partner. Being totally honest about your past is for fools and the idealistic.
it happens as i see, i think after marriage there is need to close all chapters. there is no need to disclose all facts with your partner,whats need of that. :bubblegum:

Girls will start settling for a guy who earns less when he can start producing kids and compromise on his career to bring them up.Someone has to earn enough for the family. As for the OP....to each his own.One should just be truthful to your partner whether it is a long term relationship or a one night stand.Just don't hurt the other person emotionally or physically.......and be truthful to your future partners about your past. As for men wanting a virgin...virginity is no guarantee for future faithfulness.
Compromising career comes after kids, not before. How many girls do you know that has got married to men earning less than they do in India? In my life, across dozens of people i know, that has probably happened once or twice and even in that the girl worked in California and the guy in Texas (Californians get increased salary because of higher cost of living). Besides, a lot of couples these days dont make a baby as soon as they get married. They have a good 5 or more years before they procreate. Thats a lot of un-compromised time in a girls career than she earns less than hubby. I just said that if girls want something like more money (which is hypocritical) then guys can have their hypocritical wants too (such as wanting a virgin without being one).