Pak Semi Final: Pre-Match Discussion (Stick to Cricket only)

fineleg

Pak Semi Final: Pre-Match Discussion (Stick to Cricket only)  

1. 1.

Seriously thinking India are favourites by big distane but Pakistan do have a slight chance and all of us Pakistani fans know that there is only slight chance that we can beat India ... Our strategy should be all-out attack we cant win against India by containment ... I would like one change ... Replace wahab with Akhtar ....

Even though I am a bhajji supporter that average is embarrasing. Ashwin is easily our best spinner. Thats economoy rate despite bowling with the new ball is amazing so far.
Mendis was considered a replacement for Murali till they ran into the Pakis...just saying.. I'll have no qualms of eating the humble pie if Ashwin proves me wrong at Mohali.. All I see so far in this thread is some ppl reading the title, making up their minds..and stating the obvious about "Ashwin being awesome so far".. duh ! .. who argued against that... and I am not picking my XI either.

I am not at all Confident about our Pacers bowling to those 20-20 Players. Surely the trundlers would get Slogged out by Khatmal and Co. But Spin wont be effective too. Its a headache, I'll play Munaf because Mohali Pitch would suit seam bowlers more than the ones who Pitch it up and Swing it.

Mendis was considered a replacement for Murali till they ran into the Pakis...just saying.. I'll have no qualms of eating the humble pie if Ashwin proves me wrong at Mohali.. All I see so far in this thread is some ppl reading the title, making up their minds..and stating the obvious about "Ashwin being awesome so far".. duh ! .. who argued against that... and I am not picking my XI either.
For all your "Mendis being sorted out by Pakistan" theory, look at this Mendia has played 6 ODIs vs Pakistan, picked 10 wickets@22 with a ER of 4.9. 4/47, 0/41, 3/29, 1/10, 1/56, 1/45 are his bowling figures. Yes not as successful as he was initially, but far from being sorted out in ODIs. And to your utter surprise, Mendis picked up 4 wickets in his first match vs Pakistan before being "sorted out. Wonder what makes you so nervous.
You cannot correlate two thngs and make your selection. That is a bit far fetched. Different pitches, different types of bowlers, different conditions, different situations, different captains, . There are far too many factors involved. We cannot discount them and simply it as 'mendis sucked so Ashwin will suck"
lol, If I am remembering things correctly Mendis ran into the pakis on one of the flatest pitches Ive ever seen. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/388993.html
He is in the Mendis mould - who the Pakistanis were the first ones to successfully decode. Isn;t it a huge risk to play him against the veterans like Younis,Misbah and Kamran ? Harbhajan/Yuvraj will do a reasonable job. We;ve to go with 3 pacers in Mohali on a traditionally more bouncy pitch.
What kind of dope are you using mate? If you opened a thread asking should harbajan be dropped against the Pak match then I guess you woudn't have had this much of bashing! Ashwin is doing a hell of a beter job then harbajan.
If there has to be anyone who gets dropped, it has to be the dart thrower. A 50 average from a spinner, topclass stuff :giggle: Infact, India should play Yusuf at No.8. He can easily match the 10-0-50-0 figures that harbhajan can achieve these days.
Yep on following this logoic dhoni hs to be dropped as well, as his average is woeful. We must not stand by players who have performed concistently well for India and instead do chopping and changing. Its the way forward I tell you, just look at paks, it works for them. Ponting should have been axed before India game!