India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

They are here just for jinxing :cantstop:
vvvs you are the only sane around amongst the posters in this thread.. everyone destroyed the power of Jinx and OP's effort was smashed by other posters. :wall: We have lost the match. Aussies are going to be all over us. :((:(( :sniffle:
India wont win. Aus might have a bad batting line up but they will find it easy vs 80mph
Well ofcourse. Australia clearly has over 10 points lead over India in the ODI ranking table. Since there is absolutely no possible chance that a lower ranking team could win against the higher ranking team, India wont win.
Well ofcourse. Australia clearly has over 10 points lead over India in the ODI ranking table. Since there is absolutely no possible chance that a lower ranking team could win against the higher ranking team' date=' India wont win.[/quote'] :nice: Also would recommend a new format for the World Cup, since no lower ranking team will beat a higher ranking team in the tournament there is essentially no point in organizing a tournament at all. In the new format, the World Cup will be announced randomly every 3 or 4 years and will go to the Top Ranking Team at the time of announcement. This will mean that teams will constantly and endlessly be playing each other all round the year in an effort to gather points that will take them up the ranks and hopefully find them at the top when the Cup is handed out. It will be a sort of Musical Chairs at a global level with one chair.
India wont win. Aus might have a bad batting line up but they will find it easy vs 80mph
pakistan can't win against the windies. pakistani overrated bowlers will be thrashed all over the park by gayle, duplicate lara and company. and everyone knows about pakistan's batting:giggle: ROACH and co will crush the pakistani bastmen as COCKROACH.:finger:
They are going to lose for sure against the Aussies! Brett Lee and co will blow them out of the water. It is all over folks!!!! This is THE END!!! YouTube - The Doors - The end MY PRVIATES ARE TELLING ME INDIA IS GOING TO LOSE! OH THE PAIN!!!!!!!
what the hell wrong with you atleast u can bloody wait until the match is finished u can keep ur threads in u r a s s people like u always promote negative things and if india do lose i hope u bloody lose one day.

Australia have enough firepower to beat India: Hussey http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/cricket-world-cup-2011/news/Australia-have-enough-firepower-to-beat-India-Hussey/articleshow/7762032.cms AHMEDABAD: The aura of invincibility remained inconspicuous by its absence through the league stage, but senior batsman Michael Hussey feels Australia still have the necessary firepower to knock pre-tournament favourites India out of the World Cup. The two sides meet in a high-voltage quarterfinal clash at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera on Thursday. "I don't really care (about general perception that Australia is no longer unbeatable). We have done particularly well in the sub-continent over the last few years. We have won quite a few series here. "We go into this game with a lot of confidence because we have played well against India in Indian conditions in the last few years and won. I think we have a great chance," Hussey told reporters on Tuesday. "We are very excited to be here. We have a great match against India. It's going to be a great spectacle for the fans in a packed stadium. It's a blockbuster match. We are looking forward to it," said Hussey, who was included in the team as a replacement for injured left-arm pacer Doug Bollinger. Australia's 34-match winning streak in the tournament dating back to 1999 was snapped by Pakistan, who won their concluding Group A league clash in Colombo on Saturday, but the 35-year-old Hussey was optimistic about his team's chances and take that confidence further to retain their title. "This is a huge game for us. Teams who win their quarterfinals, win well and take that confidence into the semifinals. We believe if we beat India we will have a great chance to go on to win the tournament," he said. Hussey did not read too much into India's batting collapses against England, South Africa and the West Indies and said the Australians can put enough pressure on the home side's strong batting line-up and clinch the semifinal berth. "We have to put pressure on all the Indian batsmen; they are fantastic players, no question about that. We have done well against India in the past in one-day cricket. We are sure it will continue in the next game. "We have to go hard for every single run. It's going to be a tight game. We have to put pressure on the Indians. We have to really go hard and get as many runs and put the Indian fielders under pressure," said the left-handed batsman who has played 154 ODIs. Hussey brushed aside reports in Australia that Ricky Ponting's captaincy is at stake, saying the entire team is backing the two-time World Cup-winning skipper. "No worries at all. He has been doing this job for a long time. He's certainly got the full support of the team. He's been criticised over minor things. They have been blown out of proportions. He's been playing well and just like a champion rises to the occasion at the right time, on Thursday we will see the best of Ricky Ponting," he said. Ponting goes into the tie with only 102 runs under his belt from six matches, with 36 being his highest score, in the tournament so far. He has also been criticised for losing temper on and off the field too. Hussey warned the Indian batsmen to expect short stuff from his team's three-pronged pace attack. "They would like to be aggressive, take quick wickets and baffle Indian batsmen with some short stuff," he said. Despite the loss to Pakistan in their concluding group league fixture, Hussey did not expect too many changes in the playing eleven in the quarterfinal. "I am not a selector but I don't anticipate many changes (as) it would be dangerous to change the combination too much," he pointed out. He expected the wicket to be a slow turner and said his team would have to be well-prepared to counter it and the performance of the top three batsmen would give an indication of what total to set. "The total depends on the conditions. Have to sum up those conditions quickly. Generally here it can be low and slow spinning sort of pitch. We have to prepare well for that. Communication from the top three batsmen will give us a bit of an indication about what sort of score would be a good score or par score and would try and work towards it," he said. Hussey expected Zaheer Khan, India's leading wicket-taker in the tournament with 15 to his credit, to be the danger man after having grown in stature since the 2003 World Cup final, when his first over was a disaster against Australia at Johannesburg. "He's a very experienced cricketer who knows his game very well. That's important for a cricketer, having experience and knowing your own game very well. Another thing is that he bowls well throughout the whole innings, with the new ball and is very skillful with the old ball too. He's a proven performer," he said. Hussey said the Australians are well prepared for the hot conditions here as well as the length of the tournament. "In Australia we are very well prepared. We make sure we train very hard. We make sure before tournament starts we will be 100 per cent fit in body and mind. It varies with different players," he remarked.

Mitchell Johnson says Aussies will attack Indian openers Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag SPEED demon Mitchell Johnson has vowed to rattle Virender Sehwag's rib cage as Australia's pace battery prepare to target the Indian master blaster and his opening partner Sachin Tendulkar. The Australians are banking on the unnerving pace of tearaways Johnson, Shaun Tait and Brett Lee to blast through India's top order in Thursday night's sudden-death World Cup quarter-final clash at the Sardar Patel Stadium. Sehwag and Tendulkar are the most lethal opening pair in world cricket, with the duo having amassed 3752 runs in 86 one-day innings at 43.63. Should the Indian pair put on 102 runs, they will surpass Australia's Adam Gilchrist and Mark Waugh (3853) as the fourth most prolific opening partnership in one-day history. But the Australians know a blazing start by Sehwag and Tendulkar will almost certainly shatter their World Cup defence. Australia's bowlers held a private meeting at their team hotel, with Johnson revealing plans to launch a sustained attack on the Indian openers. "I don't mind bowling up into (Sehwag's) rib-cage to be honest," Johnson said. "Hopefully we can get him out in the first over. In the bowlers' meeting I asked the question, 'How many times he has scored four from the first ball?' so he likes to score quickly. "He's a dangerous player and we'll be looking to get him as quickly as we can. We'll stick to our plans and stick to what we know best of what works against him. "Sehwag seems to struggle with (the short ball) a bit but I guess putting pressure on him, if he gets a single it puts pressure on the batsman at the other end. "It's always a good challenge to bowl to someone like that, he doesn't really use his feet but he can hit the ball hard. "It will be a pretty good start to the game if we can get him early. "If we can get two or three of their big guns early on it really changes the way they think about their game. It's something we've spoken about and we'll work hard to try and do it. "You always try and target their best players ... and Sehwag and Tendulkar are their best players." Johnson has 10 wickets in this tournament at 19.00, but has claimed just two scalps in his last four matches. He says he is ready to lift against the Indians in a match he described as the biggest occasion of his 95-match one-day career. "Inside I feel very confident," he said. ''I don't think I've been too bad this tournament. "I started pretty well with a few four-fors against (Zimbabwe) and New Zealand. I feel I'm not too far away again, I've been getting a few plays and misses on wickets that aren't for fast bowling. "We need to stick together in this game. In the end it's not about individual performances, it's about the team and hopefully I can contribute. "I do like getting wickets, every fast bowler does, so I'll be looking to do the best job I can. "It's do or die, we need to win this game or we'll be going home. We want to do ourselves and our country proud." Sauce: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket-world-cup/mitchell-johnson-says-aussies-will-attack-indian-openers-sachin-tendulkar-and-virender-sehwag/story-fn67w6pa-1226026365096 Mitchell at it again! muahahahah. Can't wait for Viru to shut him up!