Kochi IPL team says it wants to win the cup for Sreesanth (satire)

Legend of Dhoni

http://www.fakingnews.com/2011/04/kochi-ipl-team-says-it-wants-to-win-the-cup-for-sreesanth/ Kochi. Inspired by the winning mantra of the Indian national team, Kochi Tuskers Kerala (KTK), the IPL team representing the city of Kochi, has announced that they wanted to win the fourth season of the Indian Premier League for Sreesanth, one of the core members of the team. KTK is playing the professional Twenty20 league for the first time and is hopeful of starting on a victorious note post this announcement. “We want to win it for Sreesanth,†Mahela Jayawardene, the captain of KTK announced in a press conference called earlier today to launch the team logo and promotional video, “In fact, right after the world cup final, I and Muttiah (Muralitharan) had decided that we owed a lot to Sree, and this is the right time to give it back.†Shanthakumaran Sreesanth Jayawardene was referring to the ICC 2011 World Cup final played last week where Sri Lanka lost to India. Sreesanth gave away 52 runs without taking any wickets in the 8 overs he bowled, but won accolades for being the “lucky charm†of team India by veterans like Sunil Gavaskar. Jayawardene vehemently rejected inferences that the KTK wanted to win it for Sreesanth as they thought it might be the last IPL Sreesanth was playing, as was the case with Sachin Tendulkar regarding the world cup. “Not at all, in that case we’d have wanted to win it for Ravindra Jadeja,†Jayawardene clarified. The fourth season of IPL starts in a couple of days amidst predictions by some experts that the interest level in the tournament could be lower than earlier seasons due to the just concluded world cup, for the fans already had enough of cricket. “But such statements would help,†said a cricket expert, “In fact BCCI could learn more from the world cup and incorporate those elements into IPL. Imagine a Chennai Super Kings player alleging that Delhi people were not as large hearted as people down south. That would just set the mood of the nation for the tournament.â€

Jayawardene vehemently rejected inferences that the KTK wanted to win it for Sreesanth as they thought it might be the last IPL Sreesanth was playing, as was the case with Sachin Tendulkar regarding the world cup. “Not at all, in that case we’d have wanted to win it for Ravindra Jadeja,” Jayawardene clarified.
:hysterical::hysterical:

"Kochi IPL team says it wants to win the cup for Sreesanth (satire) " Do you think if you had not written that word we would've thought it was serious :facepalm:
Maybe some of his millions of fans in India would have taken it seriously :dontknow:

Guest Gunner

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I can totally visualize this great moment - After winning the IPL trophy his team lifts them up on their heads and take them all around the stadium. Ralphi Gomez " This man has danced on our heads for least 5 years. Its time we did something for him" VVS Laxman (Player of the tournament) - " i always wanted to do it for Sree. He helped me out with my bad patch and supported me throughout" Mahela - " Sree was the architect behind the victory" Sresanth - " Playing for Kochi Tuskers and winning the IPL has been my childhood dream"

I can totally visualize this great moment - After winning the IPL trophy his team lifts them up on their heads and take them all around the stadium. Ralphi Gomez " This man has danced on our heads for least 5 years. Its time we did something for him" VVS Laxman (Player of the tournament) - " i always wanted to do it for Sree. He helped me out with my bad patch and supported me throughout" Mahela - " Sree was the architect behind the victory" Sresanth - " Playing for Kochi Tuskers and winning the IPL has been my childhood dream"
C'mon now :hysterical: