Just bought the Kindle

King Tendulkar

What do poeple generally do with their laptops? put on sleep or hibernation mode or completley power down? Whats best for maintaining battery? Lead in or out. I generally power off and always use with charger in, unless emergency. What is best? How about just putting in to sleep mode and not using with charger until battery runs low?
Any thoughts?

So you don't have a wifi router... Your cable Internet goes to a laptop via a LAN cable.. And u want to connect to the laptop via wireless network and share that Internet.. Ok. Look at post#56 and make sure u are sharing the net. That could be the only issue.. At least that I can think of. Otherwise just get a damn wifi router ya.. 1000 rs mein milta hai.

What is the name of the network (is it wifi or modem) that your laptop(hp-comp) is connected to?
Hp Comp is the name of the network also. A cable connects to the laptop and I make a wireless network bridge (connection) for other computers.
So you don't have a wifi router... Your cable Internet goes to a laptop via a LAN cable.. And u want to connect to the laptop via wireless network and share that Internet.. Ok. Look at post#56 and make sure u are sharing the net. That could be the only issue.. At least that I can think of. Otherwise just get a damn wifi router ya.. 1000 rs mein milta hai.
Ok will buy it later tonight. Any idea about brand/ specification etc. I think internet is shared. Because when my mom/dad use their laptops, they can use the wireless internet. Thank you (both) so much and sorry for the bother.

Just call one of your smart/geeky frnds and get yourhome network set up For router brand get linksys or netgear or any other... Specification- get a "G" router. There is "b", "g", and "n". How can u use the iPad without Internet:hmmmm2: I can see that u have no apps also... I mean.. It's like having a car but no petrol:confused:

Hp Comp is the name of the network also. A cable connects to the laptop and I make a wireless network bridge (connection) for other computers. Ok will buy it later tonight. Any idea about brand/ specification etc. I think internet is shared. Because when my mom/dad use their laptops, they can use the wireless internet. Thank you (both) so much and sorry for the bother.
Ok so you saying you are connected to the internet through cable (ethernet) and are sharing the internet through wifi and your parents are able to connect to "hp comp" through wifi and use it for surfing. So try connecting your iPad to some other wifi and see if it is able to surf the web, if not then maybe the wifi chip in your iPad is faulty.
Mariyam' date=' I see the Airplane mode is off on your iPad - that's the problem. Turn it to 'on' and you should be rocking.[/quote'] lol.

Went it to shop and had a fiddle about with I pad after got kindle. As impressed by kindle. Must admit I pad is nice piece of kit, could be used as a secondary lap top in house. problem to me is touch screen. To type anything on their is horrid without a key pad.
The Ipad is just crap. Its too big to be used as an IPOD and too awkward to be used as a laptop. Seriously, as if you can get any REAL work done using it like this: ipad-awk.jpg Bad for your posture, bad for your fingers etc. Yeah, might be fun watching some movies or browsing through the net but thats about it. No REAL utility beyond that.

Just call one of your smart/geeky frnds and get yourhome network set up For router brand get linksys or netgear or any other... Specification- get a "G" router. There is "b", "g", and "n". How can u use the iPad without Internet:hmmmm2: I can see that u have no apps also... I mean.. It's like having a car but no petrol:confused:
Ya holy, I have no apps. I-pads are useless for me. I haven't been able to do much with it. I'm seriously challenged when it comes to all this high end gadgetry. Over the weekend, I will take an unfortunate friend along and buy this router and fix this thing once and for all. :((