Paul Valthaty

hari504504

He is no slogger. His shots are no way of a slogger. I would like to see more of this kid. Hope he joins Mumbai Ranji squad this year and if he has talent he should make it to the next condenters to the national team. The guy plays proper cricket shots and is no way a slogger. Awesome shots and awesome hitting.

At one point of time, people thought Manish Pandey will be a great batsman, but he turned out to be more of a cowlasher (for now at least, lets give him benefit of doubt for the future). Is Valthaty a proper batsman or a cowlasher like Pandey? (catch dropped now, gets life)

Temperament missing and somewhat brainfart like YP. He tries to play shots even when there is no need. The RR was very high and they were cruising and still he went on with slogs in the middle overs. He has got talent but temperament is missing and unless he changes his temperament he will become a cowlasher rather than making it big.

Temperament missing and somewhat brainfart like YP. He tries to play shots even when there is no need. The RR was very high and they were cruising and still he went on with slogs in the middle overs. He has got talent but temperament is missing and unless he changes his temperament he will become a cowlasher rather than making it big.
Temperment will come once he gets to play for India. Plus remember this is T20...he needs to keep going for the shots. ODI should be a better judgement for him...when he can settledown after a dashing start.

Temperment will come once he gets to play for India. Plus remember this is T20...he needs to keep going for the shots. ODI should be a better judgement for him...when he can settledown after a dashing start.
I agree. Hope he is a regular in the Mumbai domestic team now. I would like to see him play at domestic level in order to judge him and then if possible in our A team for an overseas series.

Don't brand me racist, but his last name makes me wonder if his origins are from Kerala. Agreed, he was born and brought up in Mumbai, but his family might be based off Kerala. This particular thought was given more ground when he reserved a 'special hug' for Abhishek Nayar amongst all his team-mates. Nayar as we know is a famous Malayalee last name, and he too was based off Mumbai... EDIT: I did want to look up about this on Wikipedia, but apparently the dude isn't that famous enough to warrant a Wikipedia entry yet.. :P
His profile is now on wikipedia. He's originally from andhra http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Valthaty

At his age' date=' I don't think he has any realistic chance to break into the Indian team. I think he is purely concentrating to up his IPL value..By the end of 6 years of IPL, he can easly retire from cricket..[/quote'] lol,he is 27 not 37 :cantstop: