Hope we don't lose a talent like Rohit Sharma

Ultimate_Game

How many more chance you want this guy to have? Try players like Saurabh Tiwary' date=' Rahane, Manoj Tiwary who are doing well and have hardly got any chance.[/quote'] You may have a point in saying about the unfairness of Rohit getting more chances than others. But Rohit Sharma is a batsman who is delightful to watch... :two_thumbs_up: Every real cricket lover will want to see him bat as compared to most of the other batsmen we have today!!!!!:musicman: Cricket is not just about runs, wickets and wins..> it is also about Aesthetics!!!!!:icflove: Those who do not want to see aesthetics is not a true lover of the game!!!

You may have a point in saying about the unfairness of Rohit getting more chances than others. But Rohit Sharma is a batsman who is delightful to watch...
Matters a Big Zilch, Had not been one of the Ugliest Batsmen a.k.a Dhoni we wouldnt have won the WC. All that matters is what you score, Not how you score. :winky:
Every real cricket lover will want to see him bat as compared to most of the other batsmen we have today!!!!!:musicman:
But every Indian fan would want runs from a Batsman that plays rather 10-15 minutes of flaunting Style and Talent.
Cricket is not just about runs, wickets and wins..> it is also about Aesthetics!!!!!:icflove: Those who do not want to see aesthetics is not a true lover of the game!!!
Then please Drop MSD and other Ugly looking batsmen and get some Stylish aka Talented batsmen for flaunting Style.

You may have a point in saying about the unfairness of Rohit getting more chances than others. But Rohit Sharma is a batsman who is delightful to watch... :two_thumbs_up: Every real cricket lover will want to see him bat as compared to most of the other batsmen we have today!!!!!:musicman: Cricket is not just about runs, wickets and wins..> it is also about Aesthetics!!!!!:icflove: Those who do not want to see aesthetics is not a true lover of the game!!!
i hope this is a joke post.I would rather have more Gambhirs in my team than knuckleheads like rohit who cant put cannot be bothered to put a price on his wicket and tough it out.

i hope this is a joke post.I would rather have more Gambhirs in my team than knuckleheads like rohit who cant put cannot be bothered to put a price on his wicket and tough it out.
Agreed it's all about performance - runs and wkts in the middle. If Rohit hasn't learnt his lessons or improved his game it will indeed be the time to move on.

I would want more Gambhirs in my team for sure..>> who can win the games for my team. It is also pathetic the way Rohit throws away his wicket whenever he comes to crease!!!! I am not saying I will just want to have Rohit all the time irrespective of his performance...> But (due to my bias towards the aesthetics he brings), I would not mind him getting more chances to settle down in the team. I am just giving a counter to what Andy was saying and why I think so. Eventually, I would love to see ppl like Rohit play in the team than 11 Gambhirs given a choice for the former!!!!!:two_thumbs_up: (Becoz I not only want to win the games but only enjoy the aesthetics of the game)

Rohit looks up to Yuvi Singh as guru but honestly he has been a faliure for India. Manju Baba said it himself that Rohit should improve his attitude and could learn frm Raina
He just needs to look in the MI dug-out for a "guru"

So when Vijay and Jadeja do well in IPL but can't carry the same form to international cricket' date=' the OP starts threads titled "I am p**sed off at XYZ", with Rohit, it's "hope we don't lose a talent"... Wonderful double standards is all I will say.[/quote'] It's coz you didn't read the OP fully... the reason is that Rohit Sharma has actually PERFORMED at the intl level. We most probably wouldn't have won T20 cup without Rohit Sharma. That's the main difference. The other is that Rohit, unlike Vijay or Jadeja, actually looked the part at intl level. His main problem was consistency whereas Vijay and Jadeja clearly didn't display the talent to succeed at the top level.

It's coz you didn't read the OP fully... the reason is that Rohit Sharma has actually PERFORMED at the intl level. We most probably wouldn't have won T20 cup without Rohit Sharma. That's the main difference. The other is that Rohit' date=' unlike Vijay or Jadeja, actually looked the part at intl level. His main problem was consistency whereas [b']Vijay and Jadeja clearly didn't display the talent to succeed at the top level.
And Vijay or Jadeja didn't do anything at all? It has hyprocriicy written all over it. You don't want me to pick some of the words you used in the other thread, right?

And Vijay or Jadeja didn't do anything at all? It has hyprocriicy written all over it. You don't want me to pick some of the words you used in the other thread, right?
Care to tell us what they did at intl level in the shorter format of the game? They simply couldn't cut it against quality opponents. Rohit has showed glimpses of his potential... case in point his 50 in the T20 match against SA on a pretty pace friendly pitch against quality bowling and against Aus in the last T20 Cup at Barbados where he was the lone Indian batsman to show up. I can at least give you instances where Rohit has showcased his class at the top level against quality opponents but I am sorry to say I haven't seen anything yet from Vijay or Jadeja. If you can provide instances to support your argument I will be happy to take my words back.

I, too, hope that we don't lose a talent like him. But to be fair, he has had a large number of chances to prove himself and he hasn't exactly grabbed by their scruff. If he does not make it to the team, he has nobody else to blame. Plus, I strongly am in the favourof giving a bunch of other guys a chance before giving another one to Rohit. Guys like Rayadu and Pujara, along with Badri and others deserve it.

You may have a point in saying about the unfairness of Rohit getting more chances than others. But Rohit Sharma is a batsman who is delightful to watch... :two_thumbs_up: Every real cricket lover will want to see him bat as compared to most of the other batsmen we have today!!!!!:musicman: Cricket is not just about runs, wickets and wins..> it is also about Aesthetics!!!!!:icflove: Those who do not want to see aesthetics is not a true lover of the game!!!
I would love to watch him bat, but would not take him over a performing 'unaesthical' batsman, like say Dhoni, if he plays one cover drive and then skies the next ball. No one is denying that he has tons of talent, but if he doesnt convert it into scores, then it counts for nothing.

It's coz you didn't read the OP fully... the reason is that Rohit Sharma has actually PERFORMED at the intl level. We most probably wouldn't have won T20 cup without Rohit Sharma. That's the main difference. The other is that Rohit' date=' unlike Vijay or Jadeja, actually looked the part at intl level. His main problem was consistency whereas Vijay and Jadeja clearly didn't display the talent to succeed at the top level.[/quote'] Again, i would disagree. I can recall only two instances in a careen spanning well over 70 matches-50 against Sa and 70 against Aus. Apart from that, he gifts away his wicket. As for Vijay, he has performed at the domestic level so deserved a fair run. Jadeja may have been an early inclusion, but even then he did well in the U-19 WC.

@Blueraphael, I hear you and agree Rohit hasn't made use of his chances and talent so far. If it were some other player we would most probably have moved on but this guy is really talented and deserves a longer leash. Selection and backing a player is not a science and sometime you have to go with your instincts. I mean look at Steve Waugh - the guy actually scored a 100 after 20 odd tests and 3 years after his debut. The reason he was persisted with was coz Aussie selectors saw something in him and look how he turned out. I am not comparing Rohit with Waugh, nor suggesting that he will turn out like Waugh. Maybe he will fail even if given more chances but the point I am making is that he is too good and talented a player to be passed over so early in his career. It's been some time since he was dropped from the national team and maybe he has learnt his lessons and the only we will know is if given a run in the team especially now when the regular team may be rested. After all the next world cup is in Aus and I would have more confidence in a guy like Rohit if he cements his place in the team.

Again, i would disagree. I can recall only two instances in a careen spanning well over 70 matches-50 against Sa and 70 against Aus. Apart from that, he gifts away his wicket. As for Vijay, he has performed at the domestic level so deserved a fair run. Jadeja may have been an early inclusion, but even then he did well in the U-19 WC.
You missed out his 60 odd against Aus in Aus in CB Series final against Aus. Also you have missed some other notable performances by him, such as T20 Cup semi against Aus where he scored some quick runs and also his performance against Pak in the final of T20 Cup where his 30 odd in 13 or 14 balls was what got us to a modest total. That's the reason I back him - coz he performed against quality opposition at a time it mattered.

It was the 70 odd against Aus in CB series final that I was refering to. And as for the other examples, they are but cameos. Quite frankly, I dont think anyone would want to pass over Sharma. It would be horrible if it happens in the long term. But some of the others DO deserve an extended run. He is sure to make it into the T20 team for India. In ODIs, there is one spot up for grabs, and Raina and Pathan are the ones in contention, both of whom have giving some really good perfomaces. If Sachin doesnt play often enough, another spot opens up and I would love to see Ambati Rayadu play in it. I think he is a very good all round batsman. So where exactly would you include Rohit? Tests are a long, long way away for him. Pujara and Kohli, and Yuvraj and BAdri being the dark horses, are the ones fighting it out. Doesnt give a lot of leeway to Rohit. As talented as he is, I believe that their are better perfoming alternatives. He may still make it into the ODI team in the post Sachin period, but for that he has to do exceedingly well.