Osama killed in Pakistan

Cricketics

Pakistanis aren't proud, I'm not proud. Most Pakistanis I have spoken to are thinking, what the hell did they allow the Americans into the country for. Our primary thought isn't of pride, it's a question as to why nothing was done earlier.
Dude, Pakistan didn't "allow", much like they haven't been allowing any of the drone attacks. US has intelligence that OBL is hiding in your country, you think they are going to take your permission before moving in? :hahaha: BTW, last time your country was informed of intelligence in advance, OBL escaped from his hideout. This was when Clinton sent Tomahawk Cruise missiles to kill him, pre-911. I bet Hilary told Obama during the National Security meetings, don't trust those aholes like we did. :winky:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden_the_raid
Normally, the U.S. shares its counterterrorism intelligence widely with trusted allies in Britain, Canada, Australia and elsewhere. And the U.S. normally does not carry out ground operations inside Pakistan without collaboration with Pakistani intelligence. But this mission was too important and too secretive. On April 29, Obama approved an operation to kill bin Laden. It was a mission that required surgical accuracy, even more precision than could be delivered by the government's sophisticated Predator drones. To execute it, Obama tapped a small contingent of the Navy's elite SEAL Team Six and put them under the command of CIA Director Leon Panetta, whose analysts monitored the compound from afar. Panetta was directly in charge of the team, a U.S. official said, and his conference room was transformed into a command center. Details of exactly how the raid unfolded remain murky. But the al-Qaida courier, his brother and one of bin Laden's sons were killed. No Americans were injured. Senior administration officials will only say that bin Laden "resisted." And then the man behind the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil died from an American bullet to his head. It was mid-afternoon in Virginia when Panetta and his team received word that bin Laden was dead. Cheers and applause broke out across the conference room.

A Question to all Indians thinking Osama was in Pakistan and living with help of ISI: Why then ISI itself was the biggest Al-Quaida target in all recent years, they blowed so many ISI buildings, blasted many of ISI buses and individuals, overall more than 500 ISI members and officers were killed by Al-Quaida, any sensible reason? Only serious and to the point replies Please...

**** off you ****ing ****s. YOUR COUNTRY deserves every kind of shyte it gets, I hope US bombs the **** out of all the terrorist shelters you got soon enough. All the retarded religous/corrupt freaks need to see osama in hell.
Dude it's this kind of hatred that causes further hatred. It's this comment that will make me leave this thread now. It's a shame that you guys are full of so much hatred. I actually work for a company who fired a Pakistani lad and a Indian lad for expressing similar views. It actually did an awful job reflecting both countries. You're doing the same in this case.

A Question to all Indians thinking Osama was in Pakistan and living with help of ISI: Why then ISI itself was the biggest Al-Quaida target in all recent years, they blowed so many ISI buildings, blasted many of ISI buses and individuals, overall more than 500 ISI members and officers were killed by Al-Quaida, any sensible reason? Only serious and to the point replies Please...
Dude, your country has so many terrorist outfits, probably as many as political parties on this side of the border. Searching for "Al Qaeda kills ISI", this is all I came up with - your military killing anti-AQ tribal leaders with the help of ISI. :dontknow: http://www.nowpublic.com/world/isi-kills-three-anti-al-qaeda-leaders-0

Dude it's this kind of hatred that causes further hatred. It's this comment that will make me leave this thread now. It's a shame that you guys are full of so much hatred. I actually work for a company who fired a Pakistani lad and a Indian lad for expressing similar views. It actually did an awful job reflecting both countries. You're doing the same in this case.
here's to your aman and asha :finger: ...tell me what I said that is wrong in that post ? If you guys couldn't hurt OSAMA sitting SMACK MIDDLE in your country, how the **** are we supposed to believe you are gonna do shyte all against all the other terrorists. Only way is to bomb the **** out of your country where ever terrorists are suspected (basically all over the place), and kill the bastards. Too bad India is a pussy, so we gotta let US do it for us.

Okay one point straight away. You have added one big qualification which I have bolded. Unfortunately way things are in Pakistan, ISI is not a monolith. It never has been right from Afghan-Soveit war. It has always had rogue elements which have been extremists. This is not just an Indian view point. Where I stay there are 3 channels right now BBC, CNN and Al jazeera and all three share this view and I have been watching it through the day esp. when the question of funding came in for 1 mn dollar mansion and his activities. Also, ISI was named as terror affiliated organiation by confidential documents CIA released by wikileaks. The reason it remained confidential is because of US stake in Pak war. If, and that is a big big if, I accept your viewpoint, then it has to be most gross case of incompetence by any intelligence when the world's biggest terrorist who is on the hunt is living in mansion in Islamabad, not some far of cave.

LOL @ Pakistanis being so proud that the world's most wanted terrorist was living in their country and amongst their military. Wonder what they will be ashamed of. :hahaha:
Yoda, I suspect the need to come across as patriotic and proud is an inverse function of your country's status. Europeans are relentlessly self critical of their nations and I suspect a majority of educated Americans are the same. And here we have somebody waxing eloquent. Your country is among the lowest in the Human Development Index, the 2nd most corrupt on earth, accounts for 90% of the terrorism around the world, it's just been caught pants down sheltering the most wanted terrorist in the history of mankind, was not consulted before big brother broke into its house and exterminated its pet vermin....and yet you are feeling unaccountably proud of your country. You have an irresistible to salute, break out into patriotic paeans... Says a lot about you, I'd think.

Yoda, I suspect the need to come across as patriotic and proud is an inverse function of your country's status. Europeans are relentlessly self critical of their nations and I suspect a majority of educated Americans are the same. And here we have somebody waxing eloquent. Your country is among the lowest in the Human Development Index, the 2nd most corrupt on earth, accounts for 90% of the terrorism around the world, it's just been caught pants down sheltering the most wanted terrorist in the history of mankind, was not consulted before big brother broke into its house and exterminated its pet vermin....and yet you are feeling unaccountably proud of your country. You have an irresistible to salute, break out into patriotic paeans... Says a lot about you, I'd think.
Well said!

The sense of denial in Pakistan is astounding. The only hope I see for the country is to give up the notion of being guardians of Muslims, root out the idea that India has unjustly usurped Kashmir, realize that the entire basis of forming the country on the notion of a religious brotherhood was flawed, and make a fresh start. Till the idea exists as the cornerstone of a nation that religion is paramount there won't be a shortage of people to hijack the idea.

Great news! Can the Indian govt also do something about Dawood Ibrahim who is also, no doubt, in that accursed country?
what are you living in dream land? India doesn't have the balls to do anything like that... in case that upsets the 'minority'
@ Texy, Are you implying that India doesn't go after Dawood Ibrahim and such like because the Muslim community in India will be 'upset' by such actions? Please be kind enough to clarify. I really can't speak for other Indian Muslims, but my hunch is that reading this mindless post of yours is more likely to 'upset' the 'minority'. And probably the majority too. On topic: Good riddance to bad rubbish. Well done USA. I would have preferred to see him tried and executed, but that would be asking for too much. Lets see how Pakistani establishment reacts to this in the coming days. There has to be some collusion from local authorities for Osama to stay there for so long. Who funded him? Who paid for his groceries? Under what name was the light bill being generated etc. Just too many things have to go unnoticed if he stayed there without any help. Too much coincidence to be true. Pak citizens and authorities have to be involved. PS: Its said that the Navy SEALS attacked and killed Osama. Why did the Navy participate in a mission that was inland / not off the sea? What am I missing here? Post PS: Mods, can this thread be moved to Politics. Please. Pretty please. :P

@ Texy, Are you implying that India doesn't go after Dawood Ibrahim and such like because the Muslim community in India will be 'upset' by such actions? Please be kind enough to clarify. I really can't speak for other Indian Muslims, but my hunch is that reading this mindless post of yours is more likely to 'upset' the 'minority'. And probably the majority too.
Not Dawood, but for some reason politicians have linked the execution of Afzal Guru to minority votes. Since I dont belong to the minority, I dont know the community's general stand on this and cannot speak for it. But from a neutral perspective, I dont see any issue in executing a terrorist who has already been sentenced to death by the Supreme court.

And I thought Asim was one of the sane posters, who knows everything. Agar "Sanity" kaa yeh haal hai, tho "Insanity" kaa kya haal hai udhar? Asim:- All you have to do is read, understand and come to a conclusion -- based on facts and logic and if anybody from Pakistan can do it -- it could be you. Some of your questions tell me -- you have not opened your mind and heart enough to absorb reality. It seems like you want to know but at the same time you are discarding some facts, which don't sound like music to your ears.