You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

I was born in 91 so most of my major childhood years have been in the early 00s but I can relate to plenty of stuff on this thread. Remember when Star Plus was English? They used to show Batman (Adam West one) I think. Then slowly slowly Hindi serials came. Saans was one of the first (Had Masaba Gupta's mom in it).

I was born in 91 so most of my major childhood years have been in the early 00s but I can relate to plenty of stuff on this thread. Remember when Star Plus was English? They used to show Batman (Adam West one) I think. Then slowly slowly Hindi serials came. Saans was one of the first (Had Masaba Gupta's mom in it).
Please don't call Neena Gupta Masaba Gupta's mom. :giggle: She's eminent enough to be known by her own name.

Campa cola. Bar-one (had the hots for the oomphy girl in the ad) probably why I was drawn to ads in the first place. Kissan squash. "citra...super cooler!"
oh yes yes yes yes! Nestle's bar one ba-ba--bar one for those in between times! That chick was hot

I remember riding the following in the 90s: Bajaj Chetak Bajaj Priya LML Vespa (Best scooter of all time, power + elegance + balance). Luna Spark - loved riding it. It was my progression from bi-cycle to motor bike. Scooty Rajdoot Bullet Yamaha
Avanti Gareli? TVS 50? Mofa? (u didn't require license for this...one of my school teachers used to rive this) Edit - My grandpa used to have a Java....it was like a cross between a moped and a Bullet

oh yes yes yes yes! Nestle's bar one ba-ba--bar one for those in between times! That chick was hot
:woot: the very same ad! Tight short skirt with nice curves. :icflove: I waited for that ad and recorded it on a vhs that just had ads. It had all the ads I loved. From gimme red (red bike driving into bar), doodh doodh doodh!, aishwarya garden vareli, bajaj yeh zameen yeh aasmaan, hero Honda adigato!, bajaj bulb jab mein chota bachcha tha, lalitaji offo bhaisaab!, cadbury's cricket ground girl dance, wah taj! And so many more. Sadly, with us shifting regularly and just time the tapes are lost forever.

:woot: the very same ad! Tight short skirt with nice curves. :icflove: I waited for that ad and recorded it on a vhs that just had ads. It had all the ads I loved. From gimme red (red bike driving into bar), doodh doodh doodh!, aishwarya garden vareli, bajaj yeh zameen yeh aasmaan, hero Honda adigato!, bajaj bulb jab mein chota bachcha tha, lalitaji offo bhaisaab!, cadbury's cricket ground girl dance, wah taj! And so many more. Sadly, with us shifting regularly and just time the tapes are lost forever.
Do you have that one - "Deepikaji, aayiye aayiye, yeh leejiye aap ka sab samaan tayyar" "yeh nahi, woh - Nirma super neeli detergent tikiya" I used to think he said "aap ki paar ki nazar aur nirma super neeli detergent tikiya - dono ko" for the longest time until one of my friends told me that it was supposed to be "parakh ki nazar" Edit - kudos to you for having the vision to at least record them :two_thumbs_up: My dad used to record the audio from TV theme songs - those vedas at the end of chanakya, Bharat Ek Khoj, then all those national integration songs like mile sur mera tumhara. All done on Meltrack casettes

Do you have that one - "Deepikaji, aayiye aayiye, yeh leejiye aap ka sab samaan tayyar" "yeh nahi, woh - Nirma super neeli detergent tikiya" I used to think he said "aap ki paar ki nazar aur nirma super neeli detergent tikiya - dono ko" for the longest time until one of my friends told me that it was supposed to be "parakh ki nazar" Edit - kudos to you for having the vision to at least record them :two_thumbs_up: My dad used to record the audio from TV theme songs - those vedas at the end of chanakya, Bharat Ek Khoj, then all those national integration songs like mile sur mera tumhara. All done on Meltrack casettes
still wrong. It is supposed to be - "paarkhi" nazar.

You're a 90s kid if you know the song 'Made in India' by Alisha Chinai :D Titanic was your FIRST favourite english movie You watched “The Jungle Book” every Sunday morning at 9.a.m and used to sing, “Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hai Pata Chala Hai! Chaddi Pehen Ke Phool Khila Hai Phool Khila Hai!” There were no Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Puma- Bata and Liberty was the way to go for your sports shoes You have probably consumed more Frooti in your lifetime than there is oil in Iraq For the longest time, the Maruti 800, the Premier Padmini, THE Fiat, and THE Ambassador were the only cars you saw on the road, and the Contessa was cool because it was bigger You have, at some point of time, worn GAP clothes (real or fake) like SRK in KKHH You have at some point debated who was more beautiful- Aishwarya or Sushmita You remember the Nirma girl You watched the Bournvita Quiz contest on TV pretty religiously Maggi 2 Minute Noodles = ultimate snack (and tiffin, lunch, dinner)! You eagerly awaited Friendship Day, so you could give friendship bands to all your friends, and get bands from them in return Backstreet Boys’ “Quit Playing Games” was one of the first English songs that you hummed in shower! Rs.2 would buy you sh1tload of bubble gum/chewy candies that pedophile looking candywalas would sell outside your school yard