What’s wrong with Indian cinema?

gorah_pindu

Professional critics invariably liked and that matters .. yes problem kuchh nahin hai opinion rakhane mein for sure
for you maybe what critics says matter for me some other guy it doesnt . that is his/her own view of the movie/ actor /whatever just because every critic gives it raving review doeant mean u have to agree to it ..that doesnt mean one is being arrogant or is movie challenged

for you maybe what critics says matter for me some other guy it doesnt . that is his/her own view of the movie/ actor /whatever just because every critic gives it raving review doeant mean u have to agree to it ..that doesnt mean one is being arrogant or is movie challenged
Generally speaking I have no respect for critics, be it movie or literature. It is the easiest thing in the world to criticize but so very difficult to create. To do the latter, how so ever cr@ppy, you need a degree of creativity. To do the former you can afford to be well-read and articulate without having an aorta of creativity. Noted film critic Khalid Mohammed learnt it the hard way when after spending decades as a movie-critic he made a movie(Silsilay) which sank without a trace at the box-office. xxx

There are times when critisism is due of course. When something is dismal, I wont hold back. There has been stuff ive seen which seems to have no effort or intellect put into it.

Ab aapka respect ka praman patra to nahin hai India mein par cmore or less every critic gave him rave reviews in India. He was supposed to play an illiterate but starry-eyed bloke what did u expect some corporate ceo type mannerism.
Basically that just makes it worse - he obiously thinks average Indian villager with optimism would act like a kid in a ladoo factory.

Noted film critic Khalid Mohammed learnt it the hard way when after spending decades as a movie-critic he made a movie(Silsilay) which sank without a trace at the box-office. xxx
this guy in someways is th most enjoyable critics as in the way he writes his critic columns.....but he is clearly biased.. he praises karan johar's movies way too much .....he first criticises the actors who dont give him interviews but once they give him interviews or agree to work in his films he praises them to the hilt case in point : urmila matondkar and viveik oberoi

I think that the general level of movies dished out year after year is pretty dismal.The vast majority of producers and directors just do not seem to be ready to explore different genres,they keep rehashing stale scripts or shoddy remakes of Hollywood thrillers.Of course there are honourable exceptions to this rule but these talented folks are quickly categorized as "off mainstream" for reasons I cannot fathom.There are so many interesting books,folklore,mythology that would make fascinating scripts but the lack of creativity and an abundance of mediocrity has put to rest any such hopes.

radhika????????????????? Long time no see...hope you're doing fine :-)
Ban this low life...( ohh...only i know how i stopped myself from typing some choicest abuses) we do not need back stabbers.... i am sure he has come here with some malicious intention.. Anal... you are not welcome at all...so have some self respect..and just run from here..with tail in your legs..you swine..

time to update some new members.... an excerpt from Dhondy's Classics....

Originally Posted by Dhondy Well, there's this story about Max1. When Bumps invited him to join this place, he thought he was being asked to be a moderator here!! (Horror, horror, you don't ask the neighbour's poodle to be the head of your house, do you?). So he wrote back to Bumps, literally bursting with importance, as to how he had "too many things on his hands", and couldn't accept the offer. Bumps nearly died laughing, of course, but had to draft a couple of lines, tears streaming down his face, back to Max as to how he had no intention whatsoever of letting servile little poodles from the neighbourhood take up important duties here!

Ban this low life...( ohh...only i know how i stopped myself from typing some choicest abuses) we do not need back stabbers.... i am sure he has come here with some malicious intention.. Anal... you are not welcome at all...so have some self respect..and just run from here..with tail in your legs..you swine..
Easy there tiger. Max is a good poster, and and you gotta give him props for coming with his original user name and not a fake one.

This is a public domain and anyone's welcome here as long as they don't spam or abuse. If Max is here for the good then he's welcome of course. The ones like Anu_D the big time liars and abusers are not welcome here though.

Max1 is a fine poster... He may have different views....but he is a good guy . He does keep some bad company ...isn't it maxy????:tounge_smile:smoking is injurious to health:wink_smile:(just joking) Anyways...welcome !:itsme:

radhika, it's good to have different views...if everyone agrees on everything then life would be boring, right? :wink_smile: On the topic, I have really enjoyed some of the Bollywood comedies that have come out the last few years. They don't make much sense, but are hilarious entertainment. Though may not be to everyone's taste.