Sri Lankan Cricket in terrible condition after 3 yrs.

Upul Tharanga - one of the impressive batsman in those stats - can't find a place in the SL team at the moment. But at age 28 he's still young.
Half of his dismissals were picked by Zaheer. :giggle: He has usually performed against India when there is no Zak opening the bowling. Struggled for 2-4 runs and was out against Zaheer in the WC final. :giggle:
The striking stat here is the rate of producing those hundreds by Jayasuriya. 1 per every 9 matches. Better than all the other batsmen except Mahela (1 per every 8 matches). We all know the style he scored those hundreds :hatsoff: Sachin's rate here is pretty disappointing :sad: Another thing that these stats show is if Mahela was a top order (1-3) batsman throughout his career he could have been an ATG ODI batsman :sad: Pakistan batsmen maybe struggling here but as a cover up they had fast bowlers both India and Sri Lanka could only dream of.
stats should be used to aid a comparison, if you drill down too further down to specifics the kpi's will be affected. For instance in ODI's averages of batsmen is less important than in tests, since the value of staying not out in tests( 10 wickets have to bat 150 overs or so) are more than in ODI( there are 10 wickets to bat 50 overs). SO a batting average of 35 with good strikerate is still good in ODI, which is not the case in tests. So one can not simply use odi stats to prove a point in tests... comprehend-y ? IN any case when you reduce your sample size, your stats will be more prone to deviations due to freak cases, But even if we take odi's in aus,nz and look at overall figures with an eye on averages , Indians still are better. 25rz91w.jpg
stats should be used to aid a comparison, if you drill down too further down to specifics the kpi's will be affected. For instance in ODI's averages of batsmen is less important than in tests, since the value of staying not out in tests( 10 wickets have to bat 150 overs or so) are more than in ODI( there are 10 wickets to bat 50 overs). SO a batting average of 35 with good strikerate is still good in ODI, which is not the case in tests. So one can not simply use odi stats to prove a point in tests... comprehend-y ? IN any case when you reduce your sample size, your stats will be more prone to deviations due to freak cases, But even if we take odi's in aus,nz and look at overall figures with an eye on averages , Indians still are better. 25rz91w.jpg
Dhoni :hail:

My criteria has a clear meaning in it. Top order (1-3) batsmen; because those are the positions that a batsman feel the freedom to build a long innings and the fielding team's intentions are more towards getting wickets when those batsmen come to the crease. Also it's important to be selective about who you play against, not just the conditions. AUS, ENG, SA and NZ are all similar challenging opponents for a sub continent team when they play at their favorable conditions. Otherwise for example, Indian or Sri Lankan fast bowlers generally bowl rubbish in those countries. Even good Pakistan bowlers don't hit the best lines and lengths to get the best out of it. Wasim Akram himself said that they didn't enjoy when the bowl bounces over the stumps from a good length because Pakistan bowlers get lots of their wickets through LBW and bowled dismissals. In test cricket, discipline not just talent plays a big part. Sangakkara (in Oceania) or Samaraweera (in South Africa) for example no way near the most talented SL batsmen but still done better in those particular countries because they were disciplined enough to leave the bowl and stay at the crease for a long time. Also, I don't think as a test nation we have evolved to a point that SL should be compared with India in test. As mentioned earlier there is still no proper 4-day 1st class tournament in Sri Lanka. And BCCI for all their evilness for money won't cancel a home test series against the current world no. 1, which our great SLC manages to do without any shame. So yeah my criteria has something to show that SL batsmen have it in them to improve and master pace-friendly conditions. But the major problem is do we have the fast-bowlers to back them up in the long run? The answer at the moment in a big NO.

Half of his dismissals were picked by Zaheer. :giggle: He has usually performed against India when there is no Zak opening the bowling. Struggled for 2-4 runs and was out against Zaheer in the WC final. :giggle:
Whatever, I'm not a fan of that malnourished ~!@#$%^&*() :mad: So let's end this discussion about him for good!
My criteria has a clear meaning in it. Top order (1-3) batsmen; because those are the positions that a batsman feel the freedom to build a long innings and the fielding team's intentions are more towards getting wickets when those batsmen come to the crease. Also it's important to be selective about who you play against, not just the conditions. AUS, ENG, SA and NZ are all similar challenging opponents for a sub continent team when they play at their favorable conditions. Otherwise for example, Indian or Sri Lankan fast bowlers generally bowl rubbish in those countries. Even good Pakistan bowlers don't hit the best lines and lengths to get the best out of it. Wasim Akram himself said that they didn't enjoy when the bowl bounces over the stumps from a good length because Pakistan bowlers get lots of their wickets through LBW and bowled dismissals. In test cricket, discipline not just talent plays a big part. Sangakkara (in Oceania) or Samaraweera (in South Africa) for example no way near the most talented SL batsmen but still done better in those particular countries because they were disciplined enough to leave the bowl and stay at the crease for a long time. Also, I don't think as a test nation we have evolved to a point that SL should be compared with India in test. As mentioned earlier there is still no proper 4-day 1st class tournament in Sri Lanka. And BCCI for all their evilness for money won't cancel a home test series against the current world no. 1, which our great SLC manages to do without any shame. So yeah my criteria has something to show that SL batsmen have it in them to improve and master pace-friendly conditions. But the major problem is do we have the fast-bowlers to back them up in the long run? The answer at the moment in a big NO.
i agree in part to some of what you have written here, but there are some holes. Mate i am not sure at all about how Indian fast bowlers performance in Aus,SA,NZ and Eng can be called poor. But yeah Sl bats are doing better outside sc in ODI than in Tests.
i agree in part to some of what you have written here' date=' but there are some holes. Mate i am not sure at all about how Indian fast bowlers performance in Aus,SA,NZ and Eng can be called poor. But yeah Sl bats are doing better outside sc in ODI than in Tests.[/quote'] Obviously there can be some good spells from Indian bowlers, but in general bowlers from those 4 countries were consistently challenging the SC batsmen.

Someone will step up I am sure....I mean Dilshan was an average player for long before his turnaround maybe 5-6 years back. Mahela didn't look any better than Chandimal during the 90's. Sanga was a good find that came out of no where. They should worry about bowling...Malinga is fading away,Herath has steppred up :hatsoff: but he is like 35-36.No good young bowler pace/Spin coming up

Needs to get young players in quick .... Matthews has been very dissapointing, thisara perera is very inconsistent, chandimal is not even half of rohit sharma. Need to give more opportunities to kusal Pereira ... Thirimanne isn't good enough. All new spinners they tried have more or less faded away ... Akila dananjay, randiv, senanayake ... None of them have really stepped up. Malinga is not the same anymore. Only good option in bowling is kulasekara who is doing really good.

Seriously....:dontknow: Why do people bump this thread every time we lose one meaningless match... We are THE most consistent team EVER when it comes to ICC tourneys... Even in the previous CT we are as good as the champions because everyone knows if we had won the toss in semis we'd have won that and would have defineetly gone on to beat the English in the final cos we are the no.1 ranked team in T20s.That final would have been a cake walk for us. Bottom line is that, anyone with an ounce of common sense would consider us as the co-winners of CT along with India...:icflove: So I'd say currently our cricket is in very good condition...:angelic:

Seriously....:dontknow: Why do people bump this thread every time we lose one meaningless match... We are THE most consistent team EVER when it comes to ICC tourneys... Even in the previous CT we are as good as the champions because everyone knows if we had won the toss in semis we'd have won that and would have defineetly gone on to beat the English in the final cos we are the no.1 ranked team in T20s.That final would have been a cake walk for us. Bottom line is that, anyone with an ounce of common sense would consider us as the co-winners of CT along with India...:icflove: So I'd say currently our cricket is in very good condition...:angelic:
:giggle: A lungan talking about meaningless match :giggle: You've lost all the meaningful matches you've played in last six years (world cup finals) and yet you think you are winners.... You are all sanga clones (whiners) and not winners.. Had the toss been like this, had the rain not fallen, had the wind not blown, had sanath been there:haha: :haha:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: