Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath

King

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath I cannot quite spell out the details for obvious reasons but believe me he's here and will be reading quite often. Whether he will post often is anybody's guess. If you want to hear unadulterated and straight forward comments from him you may have to wait till about June/July.

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath First time I have read this thread, problem with sticky's is you sometimes ignore them. Great thread, wow srinath. TBP he was a class act. Believe me if he had bowled on foreign tracks mainly and had support of top fielders etc he would have been gained more recognition and even more success

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath

According to TBP' date=' the best fast bowler the world has produced must be the "Andre the retard Nel". :lol:[/quote'] Maybe SA has a quota system to select their players and Nel would qualify under the "retard" quota. :mad:

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath Posted this on a different thread but thought it should go here : I have been pressing Srinath to write his autobiography as there are not many around for our current players. In fact I haven't come across a single autobiography by any current players. The last one I know of was one from Kapil Dev. Srinath reckons there isn't a good reading culture in India but am sure if he writes a book on say "Path to the World Cup 2003 Finals" there will be a lot of buyers world over. These days there are Indians everywhere and I can't see why they wouldn't want to buy one :shrug: If Sri comes up with one in future you know where the inspiration for it came from :smokin:

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath

Srinath reckons there isn't a good reading culture in India but am sure if he writes a book on say "Path to the World Cup 2003 Finals" there will be a lot of buyers world over. These days there are Indians everywhere and I can't see why they wouldn't want to buy one :shrug:
And I would agree with Srinath. Very recently I had raised similar point in another topic about history and the way Indians treat it. But thats besides the point. I for one would agree with you Ravi that Srinath needs to pen his autobiography. In my book Srinath would be one of those rare intellactual cricketers. The kind of bloke who when sat next to you in a 12 hour flight can make for a company that indulges in a good conversation. Other birds of the same flock would be Dravid and Kumble. So I can imagine his book a good read with some thought provoking ideas. I would not want to put ideas in Srinath's head(specially as he might be reading this) but I would like him to know that in many ways he is reason why South India is producing so many decent pace bowlers today. If today Sreesanth and Balaji are amongst the best in Indian circuit a lot of credit, in terms of inspiration, should go to Srinath. I would go a step further and say that he inspired entire country really. I mean at the time he arrived we had an aging Kapil and Prabhakar. Both were medium pacers at the time. I remember Srinath coming as first change(many still argue that he should have received the new ball) and hustling batsmen with sheer pace. He would bowl just outside the off-stump and the ball with bounce and come in sharply. That was a new sight for Indians. Indeed it would be fun to read how he developed his pace, the impact of diets, what he learnt from the likes of Kapil, how he was used differently by say Azhar as compared to Ganguly and so on...Yep he should write his autobiography. xxxx

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath hello to srinath saar from a fellow mysorean!!!! i actually did meet or interacted with him..ie in the mysore gymkhana nets...he had once come there during the summer coaching camp..abt 8 yrs back.. i was batting...he threw(not bowled) down a few balls to me....and gave a few tips abt batting... :hic: ....no wonder i became a offspinner and a tailender...(easy now...)... i was like just nodding my head all along and when he was gone all the others were like real envious of me!!!! moment to cherish!!!!

Re: Last night's dinner catch up with Srinath Good stuff Ravi :wtg: This website is going places! Regarding Srinath, his opening spells were as good as Ambrose's or McGrath's, the only difference being he suffered atleast one dropped catch of his bowling during that. I was a fan of his bowling but not of his attitude. Should have been more mean. His career can be summed up by one delivery which he bowled to Ponting during the 99-00 tour. Srinath banged it in short and Ponting got floored bad. Srinath went upto him and said Sorry. Ponting told him to **** off and Srinath just turned back and went up to his bowling mark. Srinath with Sreesanth's attitude could have been one of the most feared bowlers of all time.