So, what was wrong with this pitch, Bhajji?

Compare both bowlers. Swann is bowling to Indian team. Bhajji was bowling to middle order of England. They don't play spin very well. Swann restricted runs. Bhajji was leaking runs like ODIs Swann looks like getting wicket, Bhajji is never threatening. I would support Bhajji even if he doesn't get wicket, but at least if he bowls well and supports other bowlers in applying pressure. That might result in wicket for other bowlers. But Bhajji is not going anywhere. What he is doing, that can be done by part-timers also. No need to play a batsman averaging 18 for this kind of stuff.
lolwut? This is almost as bad as the old "India can't play fast bowling" rubbish. England has Trott, KP, Bell and Morgan who are all pretty good players of spin. Bhajji bowled some real rubbish. I agree with that bit.
lolwut? This is almost as bad as the old "India can't play fast bowling" rubbish. England has Trott, KP, Bell and Morgan who are all pretty good players of spin. Bhajji bowled some real rubbish. I agree with that bit.
Well, I was saying in comparison of Indian team. Certainly they are way better than earlier players. They have scored runs against spinners also. But relatively Swann bowled to better players of spin. Maybe I should have said that they don't play spin as good as Indian batsman do. Don't take my earlier sentence as a general statement. I know that Cook, KP, Trott and Bell can play in all conditions. Even if you just trouble the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman without getting their wickets means that you're bowling very well.

It makes no sense to me when people say bhajji is a rhythym bowler...every bowler in this world gets the extra step in his stride when he gets a wicket so it cannot be exclusive to Bhajji. Right now Bhajji has 3 very powerful points in his resume 1.SRT's friend 2.Dhoni's business partner 3.some good performances in the past Bhajji has 400 wickets and lot of supporters on this forum.Why do we overlook his inconstistency.As a no.2 bowler in this squad or even no.1 depending on pitch conditions along woith Zak,Bhajji should have performed better than he is cuurently doing. Please don't compare his stats like average and strike rate with Swann...Harbhajan is one of our leaders in this attack and definetely his bowling has not been leader worthy

By then' date=' India would have lost many more test matches. Of course, someone's going to have a good day and pick a few wickets if he is allowed to play forever.[/quote'] That's the modus operandi of Bhajji fan boys - they'll come out in droves chest thumping and bumping up threads on his once in a blue moon good performances. They'll even desperately try to portray average performances as good. Ask them to justify the long term average of 35+ and strike rate of 75+ for the last 5-6 years and watch them hurl personal abuses.
Players go through such phase. All the supporters of Bhajji will say this. But when they go through the such they do try something else. Sachin went to county cricket to get into groove. Same was the case with Zaheer. One can't simply take his place for granted like this and continue playing international games. It's not that I want him to leave the game forever. I want him to return back. But for that he has to take a break now. Well, going back to basics, practicing with the help of former players, he can try. Even if domestic cricketers are good players of spin (though he doesn't turn anymore), he won't feel pressure of the match and can try to do better with little bit of ease.
Just for the record he went to play county and was the best spinner that year in county (better than Shane) so that is not a valid arguement.
That's the modus operandi of Bhajji fan boys - they'll come out in droves chest thumping and bumping up threads on his once in a blue moon good performances. They'll even desperately try to portray average performances as good. Ask them to justify the long term average of 35+ and strike rate of 75+ for the last 5-6 years and watch them hurl personal abuses.
Never hurled a personal abuse but look at your posts, full of venom. Is any spinner out there performing better than him? How is Swann doing exactly?
Never hurled a personal abuse but look at your posts' date=' full of venom. Is any spinner out there performing better than him? How is Swann doing exactly?[/quote'] Swann is definitely doing better than an average of 35+ and strike rate of 75 over 5-6 years BTW, when you accuse me of regionalism it is the worst kind of personal abuse to me
See' date=' now this is what I am tlaking about. Fecker has all the talent in the world but its so fruturating to see him take things for granted[/quote'] Nobody should take things for granted but things dont roll your way all the time. If that catch was held it would have been a different story.