Let's talk about the DRS

champ

one or two odd wrong decisions every five games or so is still acceptable but this is crossing the line there should be a formal complaint against the umps
I dont know what y Srilankan umpires always give wrong decisions against India reminds me of Bucknor i think in 2009 SACHIN was given out thrice by Kumar Dharamsena and yesterday not one but 4 decisions all crucial wickets lost the match.
Guest Hiten.
the team which is single handedly scuttling the UDRS has no right to complain about umpire decisions' date='just shut up and take it.[/quote'] There is no UDRS in ODIs, so its irrelevant of our stance regarding UDRS
There is no UDRS in ODIs' date=' so its irrelevant of our stance regarding UDRS[/quote'] it is relevant.its reeks of hypocrisy when we refuse UDRS after it was instituted because of our fiasco in sydney.in my book we should never ever complain of bad decisions because we would seem more hypocritical and have no leg to stand on when it comes to bad decisions.The ICC is not going to implement UDRS in odis when they cant even get the most important board in BCCI to accept it in tests.
it is relevant.its reeks of hypocrisy when we refuse UDRS after it was instituted because of our fiasco in sydney.in my book we should never ever complain of bad decisions because we would seem more hypocritical and have no leg to stand on when it comes to bad decisions.The ICC is not going to implement UDRS in odis when they cant even get the most important board in BCCI to accept it in tests.
Who are the "we" in your post above CBF? It is the players and board of India who have refused the UDRS, not the fans or the media. And who is complaining about the bad decisions right now? Is it the Indian cricketers or BCCI?No! Indian fans or Indian median media are complaining about the bad decisions and they should. Didn't the fans and media of every country go up in arms when bad decision was given even after using UDRS in the WI series vs England? Why did they complain when they had accepted UDRS?
Just bcoz UDRS is not used doesn't mean that the umpires give wrong decisions...
Quite right! I can't see how Dharamsena can last long enough as an international umpire.

Am curious. All these suppositions about the UDRS; what do people think would have been the result in all these 4 mentioned scenarios if UDRS were to have been there? Frankly only Yuvraj's decision could have been overturned. Nothing else. Snickometer or Trakker are not used in UDRS. And yes, nobody could ever see Dharmasena as an international umpire. He just does not have it in him. But that is still different from him having it in for us :). Pun intended.

Am curious. All these suppositions about the UDRS; what do people think would have been the result in all these 4 mentioned scenarios if UDRS were to have been there? Frankly only Yuvraj's decision could have been overturned. Nothing else. Snickometer or Trakker are not used in UDRS. .
If UDRS was in place sehwag would still have been given out, Raina would have got out before he actually got out since he had nicked the one on which he wasnt given out, Kartiks decision would also have stayed. So yes yuvraj could have been saved but that wouldnt have made any difference to final outcome of the game.
Guest OriginalPrince
^^ Wouldn't any team ponder about such decisions? just becoz we are Indians and BCCI is so powerful, we should STFU? Isn't it wrong to keep quiet anyways? afterall South Asians always had a bad deal in umpiring anyways
no you shouldn't but according to cricinfo most of those decisions were marginal. stop complaining so much.
no you shouldn't but according to cricinfo most of those decisions were marginal. stop complaining so much.
Obviously every Indian fan will disappointed because....... If one wrong decision we can leave it..............but four wrong decisions and out of four decisions three are clearly not-out. All decisions are against batsmen. Every common TV viewer can observe Yuvraj's decision. Most of fans will say it is not out clearly. All the three stumps are showing behind his legs. How can they give out to it?