When you were there in the crowd

Not bad at all. I don't think many here can match that. The Natwest final I really grudge you. That was some match!
yeah, this is the first year in 11 that i am not going to see any game (not even lancs) live! i usually go to 2-3 days of the o.t test and at least a couple of odis, in addition to a 2020. the natwest - aah, i still get goosebumps remembering ganguly and sehwag going ballistic...

First match I ever attended was Ind-SL league game '96 World Cup at Kotla(Delhi). We got treated to an SRT special 137(137). He went absolutely berserk in the last 10 overs. Of course, we had no inkling of what was to come. In their first 4 overs, yes 4 overs, SL reached 50/0! Jayasuriya and Kalu just exploded. Prabhakar was butcher and buried:shot::goodnight: and reduced to an off spinner! SL won in the end which I didn't stay back to watch. I saw the final day of the 3rd test between England and NZ at Trent Bridge in 2004. Thorpe scored a 100 and led England to a 250+ chase in the 4th innings. Then came THE match. 2005 Natwest Final between Aus and England. I got to see a TIE in a final. Couldn't believe my luck. McGrath was awesome as he reduced England to 33/5 but they managed to equal Australia's target of 196 in the end, with Ashely Giles scoring two off the last ball.

ind-aus at wankhede in 96. srt went beserk.. we lost by 10 runs.. india sl at wankhede.. dont really remember this.. i think we won the match.. remember this more for the crowd chants.. was amazing.. india wi .. test match... SRT made 80 odd, mongia made 80 odd, and srinath hit a huuuuge slogsweep six that went out of the stadium, over my stand, onto the road.

I have watched only 2 test matches live -just a couple of days of each: Ind Vs Aus test in Bangalore 2003 and Ind Vs Pak Test 2004 again in Bangalore.As it turned out we lost both tests!!.......but then had the pleasure of watching some great players-Mc grath,Ponting,Warnie,Dravid,Sachin,Kumble....never got to watch Sachin bat though.I was so excited the first day when I walked into the packed stadium.Having always watched on TV,this was a truly memorable experience....couldnt believe that I was watching Mc Grath,Kumble,Dravid in action....

loads of instances. Sachin @ sharjah in 98 (both games) india vs NZ earlier in the tourney couple of ind v pak games at sharjah (we won one, lost one) ind vs sl colombo 2004 (asia cup, we needed to win to reach the final) oh and not to mention the entirety of our recent WC campaign :thumbs_down::thumbs_down:

Natwest Series Final' date=' Yuvi and Kaif, Ganguly topless[/quote'] - Ironically, I was at the Wankhede's when Freddie was stripping in front of angry Mumbaikars (as India lost by 6 runs). When tendulkar hooked Gough for a six, the whole stadium erupted and went berserk, but tendulkar departed soon after. Dada bullied the english bowlers until he tried to play ugly sweep and got bowled around his legs :mad:...oh yeah EFF YOU BADANI! :mad: Instead of protecting the tail-enders, douchebag kept giving strikes to them - India vs RSA, 1st test 2000 (Mumbai). Winner was decided in just matter of 3 days but it was great to see SRT scoring 97 (I think). India did their best to win the game and made RSA's life tough when they had to chase only 160 odd in their 2nd innings. A great game nonetheless.

The first match i had been to was in 1996, i was literally crying a week before the game to convince my dad to get the tickets, well he agreed in the end, was a brilliant game, Sachin scored a 90 odd, i went bonkers cheering Sachin to the extent that when he steped down the track to smash Waugh i started screaming "SIX" only to then see the sight of the Aussie celebrations, we lost it in the end, i cursed manjrekar for that defeat coz i thought he could have taken us through in that one.

What a cracking catch that was by Laxman. I never knew he had it in him to run full-speed from the boundary, dive under a descending ball and pull off a wonder-catch. Matches i've been to; 2002; IND vs ENG ODI @ Delhi, IND lost by 2 runs thanks to some brilliant bowling by Giles and Gough (at the death) 1998; AUS vs ZIM ODI @ Delhi, i think AUS won it but it was a close game. Ponting scored a big hundred and hit lots of boundaries. I also remember Warne being hit all over the park by the Zimbabwean batsmen 1996; IND vs AUS test @ Delhi - I was there on the 1st day when IND knocked off AUS for 180 and for half the 2nd day, watching Ganguly playing some classy strokes and Mongia bringing up his 50
there was an even better catch at slip he took against Zim in that tourney.he dived full length n took it one handed n it went so quickly to him.i cant remember if this was the same game.it was off agarkar bowling

i watched only three games so far

1. the game against lanka wen we were on a roll.we thrashed them in 2005,dismissing them for 125 ish score n then Sachin n veeru blasting thier way to a victory
  2. the game in Champions trophy 2006 against aus.where we lost sadly.i remember a sharaabi giving gaalis to Raina to every defensive shot he played in the slog overs
  3. the recent test against aus.i just HAD TO watch it!!!!!. sachin was just 15 runs away from world record.luckily it came on first day.wat a feeling it was!!i didnot go to rest of the days.

Lot of matches in Sharjah including that Sachin blitzkrieg against Aussies in 98. TVS Cup match Ind vs Aus at Wankhede in 2003 which we lost badly. Bangalore test vs Padosis in 2005. Went with the hope of watching SRT equalling Sunny's record of 34 test centuries.Didn't happen though. But a Viru double ton made up for that !