Players you would most like to have seen in their prime

marirs_mania sounds girly ? ok.. i need to explain then... mania everyone understands.. marirs is simply the string revers of sriram... hopefully all doubts quelled now.. :wink_smile:
yes doubts are cleared for me and radhika.. but not sure about others.. sooo be prepared to repeat yourself.. :haha:

if i could, i would like to see all the "old players" who are considered greats..... jus so i can make up my mind, if there is jus nostalgia to their greatness or something more.... i have seen all cricketers from 82 onwards... i know a lot about cricketers from the 30-40s, because of a lot of romanticism weaved into literature on tht period of cricket.... wat i would like to see first is the players of the 50s and 60s....

I've seen Viv Richards but he is someone I would like to watch again. I like to watch more of Kapil Dev, Hadlee, Steve Waugh, Azhar and Akram. Also in the list of old timers I would like to watch are Sobers and Bradman.

most of the responses list past players , which is understandable.. For me , there are certain current players too past their primes whom i would love to see in full flow.. Sachin Ganguly ( with his off-side stroke play and sixes against spinners) Kumble ( Pre 1997) Lance Klusener Waqr Younis Wasim Akram Allan Donald Brian Lara

Who are the five players in each discipline that you regret not seeing in their prime? Batsmen: The Don Graeme Pollock Everton Weekes Victor Trumper WG Grace Bowlers: Leslie O'Brien 'Chuck' Fleetwood-Smith Harold Larwood Bill O'Reilly Fred Spofforth Eddie Gilbert. Eddie G was an Australian aboriginal bowler, named by Bradman as 'the fastest bowler I ever faced'.

Eddie G was an Australian aboriginal bowler, named by Bradman as 'the fastest bowler I ever faced'.
Yeah, have read about him. IIRC there was some alleged racism concerning his non selection. His non selection was ostensibly because of his incorrect bowling action i.e. he chucked. Bradman was a big fan of his and wasn't impressed with the way Gilbert was treated.