'Sehwag improving by the day'

IPL is part of their schedule. It is time that people accept it instead of blaming it for all the injury woes. It is time we build a bigger bench strength so that if a few players are missing we don't just stand there with our heads in shame. Sehwag has made it very clear. He would rather play through IPL injured than rest/elect early surgery, lose the earnings just so he can be here in England. It was his choice to make and he did.

I wouldn't blame BCCI or IPL but would certainly point a finger at Sehwag though. Sehwag is a grown up and can make decisions on his own. No one can force him to do something if he doesn't want to. He has free will to say he doesn't want to be taking part if he's injured. It's not like he's in a kindergarten that he has to listen to his teachers.

The two most important players for india in my eyes are sehwag and zaheer,both were unfit!! whose fault??? the two most impotant test series in years england and australia have been on the fans minds for years,we are the ones who pay the players wages through watching them at matches and viewing figures on tv! Remember the teams are represnting india i want our best players ready for the ultimate....test matches!! If money becomes the issue then theres a problem, needs to be dealt with long before the test matches start,i know we can say whatever now,but a fit zaheer and a fit sehwag and the result would have been different! As it is there not playing and its the fans who suffer!!

I understand Viru's decision and i bet every sportsman would have done the same thing when offered that kind of money.
yeah fair point,but shouldnt also there be pride in playing for india?? surely these guys are earning millions anyway? look we dont want to lose to england,no matter what!!! we wont lose if we have a fit zaheer and a fit sehwag!!! Surely there must be more attached to being part of a test team who got too number 1 and stayed there...money comes and goes, for indian cricketers the money will come whatever!! I mean the great teams..... when steve waugh was captain when viv was captain when clive lloyd was captain, bradman was captain,even when ponting was captain! these teams will be remembered in cricket history forever,surely thats gotta be worth more than money?? its not like the players are paupers??? there all millionaires!!!!! We are number 1 we have the players to keep us there,we have tendulkar,the greatest batsman,dravid the wall and sehwag the most destructive opener in modern times, we want to be able so say remember how great we were and how we ruled cricket for years?we have the opportunity,lets not let it go..... seems its slipping......:hmmm:........ lets stay at number1!:pray:

IPL is here to stay and no one has right to complain about an individual's (Sehwag in this case) personal choice. He signed a contract and is his choice to evaluate and cater to his injury/fitness. It is selectors' job to select a fully fit and best possible team - Sehwag or not. Btw, Sehwag did quit IPL in between when DD were out of the run.

'Sehwag improving by the day' 'Sehwag improving by the day' NEW DELHI: Virender Sehwag's coach AN Sharma said on Thursday that the dashing Delhi opener is improving by the day and looks sure to join the Indian team ahead of the third Test match starting at Edgbaston on August 10. "I spoke to him this evening. He is improving day by day and hopefully he will join the team in England by the end of second Test," Sharma told TOI. That should be heartening news for the depleted Indian team, which lost the first Test match against the hosts at Lord's. It has been reliably learnt that Sehwag himself is feeling fit and has expressed the confidence to join the team. If all goes well, he might play the two-day side game against Northamptonshire from August 5 to warm up for the third Test. Till Thursday, Sehwag was busy in the nets and doing strengthening exercises. Sharma didn't elaborate on Viru's fitness and merely said: "He is recuperating well in Bangalore."

Take rest and get fit for the next IPL season. All our top players should skip the Aus series, just keep fit for the greatest cricket the world has seen viz. the IPL :hatsoff: :dd: will winz, Viru, :dd: will winz Not just Sehwag though, all our top players need to refocus and and give more priority to T20 :thumbs_up: