Address our players as you wish?

SachDan

What I find hilarious is that this India Shining generation considers India's success in test cricket to be attributable to the supposed brashness and fearlessness of the new generation' date=' whereas the climb to the top has been built on the good old foundations and basics of the likes of Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Zaheer (for the last few years) - all as old school cricketers as you can think of. Yeah, some would say that Sehwag is not old school but anyone who has seen his steady head while meeting the ball would not bother bringing it up.[/quote'] Bhajji is not old school ?

Name calling (esp on internet forums) should not matter at all.. but calling SRT a midget seems to be factually wrong. As per quick google search, average height for Indian male is about 5'6". SRT is about just 1 inch shorter - so looks far from a 'midget'. ;)
I disagree with you. I think calling Sachin a midget ( height wise) is a fair call. On a related note, I don't even believe that the average height for the Indian male is 5'6. How did anyone reach this figure? Height is not calculated as a part of the census. They never measure or even ask a question of height for those above 18 in their surveys. How exactly is the average height of a nation like India measured? Who does this survey? I've never heard of anyone carrying out such surveys or being questioned as a part of it. I'm slightly taller than 5'5. And most of the adult guys I come across at work, from college, friends, relatives,etc are taller to me. I would put the ratio at 70% are visibly taller than me. 30% are around my height or lesser. And this I've seen is approximately the same case in most places in India I've traveled to ( cities mainly). My estimate ( on observation) would be that average Indian male height should be 5'8 at least. Unless the height between cities and rural areas differs by a huge margin, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The current generation are taller than their grandfathers. Probably because of better nutrition and health-care in childhood days.

Definition of MIDGET 1: something (as an animal) much smaller than usual 2sometimes offensive : a very small person; specifically : a person of unusually small size who is physically well-proportioned 3: a front-engine, single-seat, open-wheel racing car smaller and of less engine displacement than standard cars of the type Which of the above is Sachin? BTW, The word midget is an offensive term.They are now known as "little people". While I understand that the term is used in jest by some and contempt by the others,I am clarifying this since we have now descended into the technicality/semantics of the term.

Guest Gunner
No problem with that. Just make sure you aren't surpised if they head-butt you in the gonads when you call them that to their face.:winky:
This is a significant risk :hmmm: