Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

In fact as an Indian' date= I rate the current SA team a shade better than Indians, 1-1 in India, 1-1 in SA, 3-2 in ODI in SA and also beat India in WC 2011. In due course India and SA will be closely ranked as no1 and no2. England is pathetic in the Indian subcontinent and have rarely performed well there and they are not worthy no1. Even if they become No1 they may be knocked of very quickly by SA and India to #3
If statistics are the argument, the SA team should be as good as the Indians in TEST cricket. I never knew ODI's were counted as a part of Test cricket rankings.
In the fourth innings? I recon we can manage to chase around 250 though it will be very tough. Whcih means we have to restrict England around 320. So pretty decent chance of India winning this game then
youre dreaming my friend. where the hell are we going to get 250 from, on a fourth day pitch, with only dravid and laxman looking comfortable MSD, raina and yuvraj are all walking wickets against their fast bowlers right now. yuvraj only got runs because strauss put on his spinners
Don't get me wrong I like him, I just think he needs more test experience against lesser sides before playing sides like India I think Bopara should have played It would have given us another bit part bowler too Discuss
I'm sure your England has better "test batsmen" waiting for a place in the team. Morgan hasn't been questioned because of batting performance from top 7. He may be good for LOI and it's not that he is bad player. Just that there might be better batsmen who are not getting chance.
This means India are favs or England? Sorry, I'm not good with this odd business of odds and betting.
India are the favs. England 6/4 India 4/5 If you put £10 on India and win, you'd get back £18 (your initial stake of £10 + a profit of £8). On England, you'd get back £25 (10 + 15).

I've watched him play a fair for MCCC in FC cricket and he has never really been very good. He will have his moments (like in the test vs Pakistan) but he has too many technical issues to be a top class test player atm. Bopara isn't the answer. Stokes will get a shot in the ODI team soon and if he does well, he could get into the test team since he provides a very useful seam bowling option. Hildreth is another option. He was nothing more than a solid FC player but has been very good recently. James Taylor is the one every has been talking about. He has an awkward batting technique and a few technical areas to work on but has age on his side. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y-KZh46boA]‪Cricket World® TV - James Taylor Interview‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]